ADVERTISEMENT

Iran's president and foreign minister dead in helicopter crash

Iran will 100% claim Israel / Mossad caused this crash (others in AMEA already are). The only question is will Iran use this to justify engaging in a larger direct conflict against Israel? If so, welcome to WWIII.
Russian bloggers already trying to blame the US/Ukraine/Israel triad.

• Haha
Reactions: J_Dee
Russian bloggers already trying to blame the US/Ukraine/Israel triad.

I just saw this:

GOAzS1wX0AAeVYt

Last edited:
45 year old helicopter is what abc news reported. This is embarrassing for Iran and they will be looking to act out like a toddler and hopefully the world can hold them in check while they figure out the transition. Why would you fly into zero visibility for a damn damn.
Apparently the president was cold and ordered the fan off. Pilot said I'll show him turn the fan off.. down they went.

Last edited:
Sounded like fog was the cause. 3 other copters were on the same path apparently they said it was 0 visibility for a bit.

45 year old helicopter is what abc news reported. This is embarrassing for Iran and they will be looking to act out like a toddler and hopefully the world can hold them in check while they figure out the transition. Why would you fly into zero visibility for a damn damn.
Apparently the president was cold and ordered the fan off. Pilot said I'll show him turn the fan off.. down they went.
Especially getting in a helicopter that looks like this.

eli-copter-v0-jfxno6tk5m1d1.jpg

How many Americans die each year because of Iran do y'all figure? Like 10?

https://jcpa.org/killing-americans-allies-irans-war/

Iranian military action, often working through proxies using terrorist tactics, has led to the deaths of well over a thousand American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last decade and a half.

So Iran's killed at least 67 American soldiers per year over the past fifteen years. The most recent attack took the lives of three and wounded 34.:

https://www.reuters.com/world/biden...led-drone-attack-us-forces-jordan-2024-01-28/

Last edited:
https://jcpa.org/killing-americans-allies-irans-war/

So Iran's killed at least 67 American soldiers per year over the past fifteen years. The most recent attack took the lives of three and wounded 34.:

https://www.reuters.com/world/biden...led-drone-attack-us-forces-jordan-2024-01-28/
Ok - so I was off by 24.

The reason I ask is because Mexico and China combine to kill about 100K Americas through the illicit drug trade, plus help ruin the lives of probably 10X that. Why are we so angry about Iran and not China/Mexico.

Ok - so I was off by 24.

The reason I ask is because Mexico and China combine to kill about 100K Americas through the illicit drug trade, plus help ruin the lives of probably 10X that. Why are we so angry about Iran and not China/Mexico.
We have business relationships with China that likely won't ever be broken and Mexico won't be fixed unless we potentially go in and do it ourselves. No one wants an actual war with one of our neighbors and history has shown if that happens, we'd likely screw it up even further, so we live with our neighbors as best as we can. During a previous administration, I felt the vibe given off was we were supposed to be pissed at our allies for not paying their fair share. So our govt. wants us pissed at the Middle East, pissed at China and Mexico, and pissed at our allies too? Um, no. We don't have the stomach to be pissed at the known world all the time and that type of attitude is unhealthy. Oh, and also...don't do drugs. It's possible for us to say no to the shit that comes across our border but many don't, instead opting to gobble it up, and ask for more. Just my take.

Reactions: J_Dee
Ok - so I was off by 24.

The illicit drug trade definitely pisses me off, but personally, I can't equate people who choose to take drugs and kill themselves with soldiers who choose to risk their lives fighting to protect our rights and leaders (even the ones who suck) from relatively small but highly dangerous branches of religious lunatics and those who support them.

Last edited:
Iran is absolutely miserable and the Muslim revolution there in the late 70s absolutely wrecked the Middle East and has resulted in millions killed. F*ck them. Also f*ck Mexico for being completely bought and paid for by drug cartels - grow a damn backbone. And China blows for a myriad of reasons as well.

We have business relationships with China that likely won't ever be broken and Mexico won't be fixed unless we potentially go in and do it ourselves. No one wants an actual war with one of our neighbors and history has shown if that happens, we'd likely screw it up even further, so we live with our neighbors as best as we can. During a previous administration, I felt the vibe given off was we were supposed to be pissed at our allies for not paying their fair share. So our govt. wants us pissed at the Middle East, pissed at China and Mexico, and pissed at our allies too? Um, no. We don't have the stomach to be pissed at the known world all the time and that type of attitude is unhealthy. Oh, and also...don't do drugs. It's possible for us to say no to the shit that comes across our border but many don't, instead opting to gobble it up, and ask for more. Just my take.
So you are OK with your allies not paying their agreed amount to an alliance? Shocked you'd have that take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT