ADVERTISEMENT

In case it's Kerr Kriisa.....

The last 3 players need to be dudes. You need a really good PG, a really good scoring wing/guard, and a good whatever at the last spot. A good scorer, a good wing, a center. Those last 3 spots need to be good players
Aaron Torres said on this vlog that Butler is Pope's PG 1. Torres is a west coast guy and also said that at SDSU no one was going to average big numbers and such and at UK in SEC with Pope style Butler would average 15 to 17 a game. I am not sure but if he is Pope's PG 1 then Kiirsa would make sense as PG2. Just saying, you are not going to get a big name PG to back up Butler.

Butler can’t be our primary PG, I really like him in 2nd team situations but they need a clear cut starter

Pretty sure he came here to start. What’s your hang up? The shooting? Had plenty great teams with PG that weren’t necessarily great shooters. Wall, Rondo, Teague, Cliff Hawkins, W Turner..none of those dudes were shooters.

He has started 93 out of 99 college games at P5 schools, for some reason....

In 2023/24, Big-12 play he averaged:
11.2-ppg
2.6-rbpg
4.1-astpg
44.4% fg
44.0% 3-pt (48-109) (76% of his field goal attempts)
83.3% ft
I'm sorry, but why aren't those numbers good enough for people here, again?

You take that experience/production over a HS kid ranked in the 15-25 range all day.

No just get at least one stud.
The studs are in the draft. Perhaps a couple decide to skip the draft and come back via the portal. Coach Pope has said he was leaving at lest 2 spots open for that reason. He is building a solid team. I like what he and the staff have done so far.
Also Kerr Krisa is a good addition for depth. Not everybody will start

Players will withdraw from the draft and players will reclass and come to college this year. Those things are going to happen and those are big targets it’s just not going to happen today

Aaron Torres said on this vlog that Butler is Pope's PG 1. Torres is a west coast guy and also said that at SDSU no one was going to average big numbers and such and at UK in SEC with Pope style Butler would average 15 to 17 a game. I am not sure but if he is Pope's PG 1 then Kiirsa would make sense as PG2. Just saying, you are not going to get a big name PG to back up Butler.
Aaron Torres is full of crap with the 15-17 PPG. Butler is a good role player and defensive stopper but those numbers are just not realistic. Especially when he is not a great 3 point shooter and rim finisher.

Players will withdraw from the draft and players will reclass and come to college this year. Those things are going to happen and those are big targets it’s just not going to happen today

Also, by that time a lot of schools rosters are filled and possibly tapped out on NIL. UK will have neither problem and have likely two spots saved.

The Kerr Kriisa hate largely stems from people not liking Butler as our PG and wanting him to come off the bench. So one negative reaction is turning into 2.

If it ends up being him I feel bad for the reaction he’ll get.

People need to stop the star talk. Depth pieces are what’s coming. Hopefully great depth pieces.

Reactions: YouKay and Girthang
Pretty mixed feelings if we get him. His stats look pretty good, but he gained a reputation as a frustrating player at Arizona from what I can tell, and I saw him shoot them out of a couple of games when I happened to watch. We could certainly do worse, but it honestly feels like a bit of a letdown if he ends up being the “big time” commit that was teased earlier today because I’m not sure he really warrants that label.

Reactions: bookerfan66
Aaron Torres is full of crap with the 15-17 PPG. Butler is a good role player and defensive stopper but those numbers are just not realistic. Especially when he is not a great 3 point shooter and rim finisher.
I would agree with most of that. Torres has stated it multiple times. Said SDSU style and such is what hurts some players in that system. But that all players in that system bought into the system and Butler will be a key team player at UK and will be the starter at PG.

The Kerr Kriisa hate largely stems from people not liking Butler as our PG and wanting him to come off the bench. So one negative reaction is turning into 2.

If it ends up being him I feel bad for the reaction he’ll get.

People need to stop the star talk. Depth pieces are what’s coming. Hopefully great depth pieces.

Star ratings don't measure heart or potential. It's just an opinion of where they were/are at when compared to others in their current context. Star ratings didn't do sht for us over the past 5 years. We averaged 3.5 Stars because 1/3 -1/2 of our 4 & 5 stars didn't pan out like expected by the "experts" that rated them.

Reactions: chroix
I like to watch those 3 pointers go in the basket.
Good shooting offsets other issues (if there are any.)

Reactions: YouKay
Pretty sure he came here to start. What’s your hang up? The shooting? Had plenty great teams with PG that weren’t necessarily great shooters. Wall, Rondo, Teague, Cliff Hawkins, W Turner..none of those dudes were shooters.
No we need a guard who can play make and get others shots, there isn’t one player on the roster right now that can do that. They are all catch and shoot guys

What about his game don’t you like? I’m not gonna pretend to know anything about him, I’m just curious the reason for the skepticism???
Okay player, don’t really hate anything, Kentucky just need dudes, they have one really good player, and 8 role players. They need dudes. There isn’t one guard on this roster right now that can create for others

Okay player, don’t really hate anything, Kentucky just need dudes, they have one really good player, and 8 role players. They need dudes. There isn’t one guard on this roster right now that can create for others

I don't know much about Kriisa's game AT ALL, but as far as creating for others...how does a guy lead the conference in assists if he cannot create for others?

Pope has apparently tried to recruit him TWICE before, so he apparently sees something in him.

Reactions: University-6
A lot of “good” comments in that commit thread. Running out of spots.

I don't know much about Kriisa's game AT ALL, but as far as creating for others...how does a guy lead the conference in assists if he cannot create for others?

Pope has apparently tried to recruit him TWICE before, so he apparently sees something in him.
WVA was terrible this year. My point is Krisa isn’t a guy who is gonna blow by anybody and find people he will get assists because of the system. He is a okay play, I just want a really good pg like Richmond or somebody close to him

What “dude” or “dudes” are you talking about? Names?

We will agree to disagree because seems like you aren’t fully understanding the whole role thing with Popes offense. Things around here under Pope will be how basketball was intended to be played. Very structured.

Also, we have a couple guys that are great facilitators. You might want to recheck their stats.

What “dude” or “dudes” are you talking about? Names?

We will agree to disagree because seems like you aren’t fully understanding the whole role thing with Popes offense. Things around here under Pope will be how basketball was intended to be played. Very structured.

Also, we have a couple guys that are great facilitators. You might want to recheck their stats.
Pope has gotten a bunch of guys who avg between 8-11 ppg. All are good role players, but you need 1-2 dudes who you can count on for buckets. Robinson is one, poplar could be one. Brea can be one some night, so can Carr, but they need 2 dudes who you can go to late in the games for buckets

I have no problem with Kriisa as a depth piece. I say let Pope get the guys he wants. What I'm more worried about, is how many guys we have who will be here for 1 season then graduate. I really wanted to get a roster of guys that can be here a couple seasons or more and develop some continuity. Right now our potential returners are only:

Chandler
Garrison
Perry
Oweh

Vs graduates:
Brea
Williams
Carr
Butler
(Kriisa)
It really doesn't matter. All players now are at a school for one year. You can't expect more than that, sadly.

It's funny you talking about God the other day but you are fine with bashing other people.
The Bible is full of liars and phonies. They got called out too. Being a Christian doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. Arguing with internet characters is harmless.
We don't float, sinlessly. In a bubble. We all sin. That's why we need a Savior.

Reactions: BBUK
The last 3 players need to be dudes. You need a really good PG, a really good scoring wing/guard, and a good whatever at the last spot. A good scorer, a good wing, a center. Those last 3 spots need to be good players
Every player he has brought in are good players. Nobody has any idea how good they will be in popes system

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT