ADVERTISEMENT

Football I'm picking the Cats this weekend

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Those of you who have been here a while know that I tend to err on the side of caution. For good reason I feel like. Don't get em all right, don't get em all wrong. Nothing special about my picks compared to anybody else's. But I do want to put it out there that I'm predicting a Kentucky win this weekend.

Georgia has some fantastic football players. I'm sure they are good enough this year to beat the brakes off a couple of teams that expect to put up a good fight. Maybe UGA finally comes out hitting on all cylinders and makes a statement like they did in Lexington in 2018. Being real, nobody in the world would be surprised if that happens. And if it does happen, well, it's Georgia. They can do that to anybody.

They've got Brock Bowers. Carson Beck's numbers are good. Fantastic talent at every position.

But on the other hand...

The OL and run game haven't been their best. The DL is not as disruptive. Auburn passed for less than 100 yards and was tied in the fourth quarter. South Carolina built a 14-3 halftime lead in Athens, and the Gamecocks aren't very good.

Devin Leary has beaten an elite Clemson defense. He's a very experienced player and quarterback going against a first-year player who did show a lot of poise last week. Ray Davis has the running back advantage against anybody Georgia puts out there. Kentucky's receiver health is definitely a concern and this is a different test altogether for the Big Blue Wall.

My prediction is that Brad White's defense forces a couple of turnovers and Kentucky wins a shocker 23-20. However, I'm also calling for Georgia to run the table the rest of the way, win Atlanta (sorry guys), and become a contender for the playoff.

But for one day, I fully expect Kentucky to at the very least show the college football world the program is on a different level from where it has been and to do something very few expect.

One advanced stat guy's numbers give Kentucky almost a 40% chance to win the game on the road. If you've watched UGA all year you know that Kentucky has a chance to do something special. Just putting it out there into the universe.

What's your pick?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News