ADVERTISEMENT

I'm in

We don’t have to hang a banner in year 1. We just need to have a similar season to this year. Some ups and downs. Exciting to watch. And hopefully a S16.

The goal of year 1 should be putting enough on tape and paper to sell to recruits and portal guys in years to come and to quirt any national noise in media and recruiting that KY is dead. Year one is a build Momentum that can be weaponized moving forward. Show it wasn’t a rushed hire and there is a reason he got the job

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I'm totally IN... Mitch sold me on the morning KSR with Matt. I was impressed with Mitch and his explanation. I wanted Pitino to mentore Pope for a few years but i understand why he couldn't do that. Pope will be in many ways a version of RP's style.
It may be as close to the 90s Pitino ball that we'll get without getting old man Pitino back on the sidelines. If so, I'll gladly take it as those were the most exciting years of my Kentucky fandom.

Taking the leap with you RR. You’re a good fan. You just want us to be great. So do I.

Best case, Pope is amazing and we found our guy for the next 20 years.

Worst case, we’re back here in 3 years with the stench of Cal long gone.
I did some things im ashamed of in the Barnhart AD thread. I was mad in the moment at Mitch. Typed some things in anger. I've cooled off today.

I honestly can't wait either. Pope will have this one circled. Will be the biggest game of the regular season across college basketball regardless of ranked matchups.
I know some people might say "Not next year..but probably in year 2"..my reply to that is "Well, UNC Wilmington and Oakland did it this year and St. Peter's did it in 2022. Yes, Mark Pope and UK can absolutely do it next year and likely will."

Hopefully Pope is like a fine wine something to cleanse the palate after the big anchovy we had to endure for the last decade. Reborn and renewed, I am ready.

Rich we get this program but some don’t. Many do but some just don’t.

We just need to sustain our position and this is the right time to make this move. Our family is back together, the Pitino era is back and we should have never let it go to begin with.

1. He recruited guys to non sex Campus and they had to do retreat for 2 years. How the hell were they beating Kansas?
2. NIL is secure.
3. Our machine will not run without an arm tied behind its back
4. Offensive system ALL PLAYERS want to play in
5. The Brand is now front and center.

I lost my shit yesterday I’ve had to apologize to my wife and kids I know how you feel. But this is the family and it’s time we took it back from that …..from him.

We are going to win. We might have an appearance of the fiddlin five but they’ll play to that level too. Bro this guy can coach like mad. Once I learned the NIL was in place that was it. This is going to work. I never had shame in saying I didn’t care about little Louisville, ima Pitino guy always was always will be. I started by hating Calipari as a 13 year old and it ended that way. Those 90’s images are forged into my mind. It ain’t coming out but it’s coming back. Our kids get to see real UK basketball. And yea Barnhart has to go either way.

200w.gif

Last edited:
I’m actually getting excited.
This is odd when Cal was at Memphis the battle cry was he was a cheater - then Kentucky hired him and brought at least 2 players from Memphis. But when Cal goes to Arky and takes players he is a criminal. We will see if Pope is going to be OK. But fans probably won't be able to brag about the recruiting class.

When I watch ESPN - it seems there is only one Blueblood and that is Duke.

Every team is can be seen on TV - Arky can provide MORE NIL money than most schools as they have Walmart money, Jerry Jones and the Tyson money. When the coach search opened up - there were many posts about coaches lining up to beg for the job.

I hope Pope is successful - just hope Cal doesn't start using the transfer portal.

Reactions: FrankUnderwoodX
This is odd when Cal was at Memphis the battle cry was he was a cheater - then Kentucky hired him and brought at least 2 players from Memphis. But when Cal goes to Arky and takes players he is a criminal. We will see if Pope is going to be OK. But fans probably won't be able to brag about the recruiting class.

Every team is can be seen on TV - Arky can provide MORE NIL money than most schools as they have Walmart money, Jerry Jones and the Tyson money. When the coach search opened up - there were many posts about coaches lining up to beg for the job.

I hope Pope is successful - just hope Cal doesn't start using the transfer portal.
Mitch only offered 2. One who was at the same school for 20 years. And a guy who just came off back to back titles.

I don't support Mitch. But I'm in on Pope. Let's see what he can do this year. If he can get some key staff hires i'll be ready to rock this November. We don't have any other options at this point.
You and I have been liking a lot of each other's posts this week, so I feel like we're both in the same mindframe right now.

I'm with you. Enough bitching and moaning. Let's do this. Mark needs BBN support to make this what we all want it to be.

Listen a lot of this Arkansas crap is just that, crap. Do you know how much money the people you named have? If it was like you think trust me, Arkansas would be the premier program. No there weren’t a ton of coaches knocking on their door, if that were true they wouldn’t have the coaches they have and suck as bad as they do. A lot of that BS is for PR. Notice of all the money those guys have that you mentioned and they’re talking no more NIL than anywhere else really, and I still doubt he gets everything promised.

Wealthy people do not just throw tons of money into black holes. They promise a lot to get their access but when push comes to shove it’s always about business for them. There’s no return on Arkansas sports. It’s a program that doesn’t move the needle.

If Jerry Jones Walmart Tyson cared that much Arkansas would have always been a destination. They suck in both sports, it’s overblown.

Reactions: RunninRichie
You and I have been liking a lot of each other's posts this week, so I feel like we're both in the same mindframe right now.

I'm with you. Enough bitching and moaning. Let's do this. Mark needs BBN support to make this what we all want it to be.

We’ve never really liked each other either. But I’ve been like f yea he gets it lately.

This hire is bringing the family back. Calipari is a conquer and divide type. The fighting is over.

For now 🥰

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
I don't support Mitch. But I'm in on Pope. Let's see what he can do this year. If he can get some key staff hires i'll be ready to rock this November. We don't have any other options at this point.
So what changed your mind because last night you thought that we would be worse than Cal's 9-16 season with Pope.

I knew you'd come around. I hit the ground forcing myself to be positive, so I had a few hours head start on ya. I feel pretty good about it. Let's roll, brother!!

So what changed your mind because last night you thought that we would be worse than Cal's 9-16 season with Pope.
Anger was riding high. A night of sleep, some water. Helps. We can't let our program's status slip anymore. People already think UCONN is the best program. We gotta get back there. I can either support Pope or stop supporting. I'm choosing to get on the Pope wagon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT