ADVERTISEMENT

I'm a big fan of the football program and team, just like the rest of you...

Girthang

All-American
Dec 12, 2019
...but let's not get ahead of ourselves about "what if we go 11-1...?"

We got 5 games left. We haven't earned 11 wins yet. We have 6. We can't even be 7-1 if we don't take care of things the next 2 weeks. It's not gonna be easy. It at times may not be pretty.

Let's do like the team and focus on where we are now.

It’s just the fans looking ahead at the what if’s. It’s fun to do and we haven’t had many opportunities to do this. I have been a fan since my dad took me to a game at old stoll field in the 1960’s. You don’t realize how many uk FOOTBALL fans their are out here. Let me tell you, this is a football state that has had very few uk teams with this much talent. I for one am going to enjoy the ride to uk football glory at the end of the year in a ny6 bowl.

If we’re ever truly going to get over the hump, we have to put Starkville in the rear view mirror. Easier said than done as a lot of teams have trouble against the Bulldogs but I think this is the year we start dominating them, should at least win every 3 out of 4.

Reactions: The-Hack
Do you take you bottle of coins to that game?

I didn’t to UGA, but security was non-existent compared to my last trip there.

I’ll probably do the bottle thing at State.

It would be pretty ridiculous if I got tossed out at MSU for having a noise-maker!! It is technically banned by the rules, with the odd exception of cowbells, which cannot be used pre-snap, or something like that.

I’ll probably take earplugs.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Looking at the things this team has to overcome, consistent pass defense certainly is up there. UK cannot count on a repeat of a six int game. I wouldnt be shocked to see Statrs qbs attempt 70 passes, and AT Mississippi State is never an easy game.
This season, the game in front of you is the only one that matters.
Both teams coming off really tough outings and disappointing losses.
This wont be easy, but welcome to the SEC, part 2.

Reactions: The-Hack
This place would be boring if we took it one game at a time. We haven’t been in this position for an eternity. Let us dream and think about the what-ifs. At this point, anything below 10-2 would be a letdown with our remaining schedule for me.

We have won games more recently in Gainesville and Knoxville than in Starkville. I have had this game circled since pre-season as a key in our achieving major goals.

I thought the same. Had no doubts about Florida nor that we could beat LSU. This is the toughest mental stretch of weeks. The next 3-4 weeks are critical.

We really just need 2 elite receivers to reach our offensive goals next year, provided WRob, WLevis, and CRod stay. OL class looks good so far.

Need another great playmaker @ S, CB, MLB, and playmaker on the DL in this class. May have them already, but 2 of each would be ideal.

...but let's not get ahead of ourselves about "what if we go 11-1...?"

We got 5 games left. We haven't earned 11 wins yet. We have 6. We can't even be 7-1 if we don't take care of things the next 2 weeks. It's not gonna be easy. It at times may not be pretty.

Let's do like the team and focus on where we are now.
Huh? Your post is completely and hilariously irrational.

The fans don't play games. They don't participate in practices. They are FANS.

And for once, the FANS have high expectations.

You can take your wet blanket and shove it up your dirt chute.

Reactions: DCFseattle
Huh? Your post is completely and hilariously irrational.

The fans don't play games. They don't participate in practices. They are FANS.

And for once, the FANS have high expectations.

You can take your wet blanket and shove it up your dirt chute.

Lol. "For once...." what, are you three yrs old? "The FANS" have always had high and unrealistic expectations. If we pass for 250, they expected 350. If we run for 250, they expected more passing. If we beat Florida by 7, they should have won by 3 TDs.

Unrealistic expectations are a trademark.

Get your head out of there first and then we'll talk about... no, we'll never tall about what you do with wet blankets. That's some messed up perversion of yours there

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Like this team a lot! Just came out of a game where we gave no quarter to i.m.o. the best college team in the Country. Light duty for this week time to heal the body and shake the cob webs. Good chance we can win out. GO CATS!

It’s just the fans looking ahead at the what if’s. It’s fun to do and we haven’t had many opportunities to do this. I have been a fan since my dad took me to a game at old stoll field in the 1960’s. You don’t realize how many uk FOOTBALL fans their are out here. Let me tell you, this is a football state that has had very few uk teams with this much talent. I for one am going to enjoy the ride to uk football glory at the end of the year in a ny6 bowl.

I'm glad people are excited about our football team instead of negative. Just trying to temper expectations a bit because of how extreme people are in response to adversity and success. I shouldn't bother though. I've been told enough times that it doesn't work.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Your post is completely and hilariously irrational.

I shoot for posts that are irrationally hilarious. I usually fall short, ending up with posts that are merely confusing and slightly amusing. Occasionally, I fail completely, and post something entirely rational, and as much fun as a root canal.

Yet, I endeavor to persevere!

We need to start working on the transfers that will be coming out of LSU. They have some athletes - we have a nice precedent of LSU boys coming to UK and having success.
That’s what I’m thinking , and try to poach some of their recruits.We have a little bit of a connection there.

I shoot for posts that are irrationally hilarious. I usually fall short, ending up with posts that are merely confusing and slightly amusing. Occasionally, I fail completely, and post something entirely rational, and as much fun as a root canal.

Yet, I endeavor to persevere!

It's quite satisfactional when my posts are irrational, I just can't explain it. I can't just entertain it. I have to post them more than most, I really can't restrain it

The players and coaches can take it one game at a time, that is their job. Fans can dream big and speculate on end season results. Obviously this is message board nonsense and in reality most of us are probably taking a wait and see approach in the real world to the rest of the season. I'm cautiously optimistic, but at MSU and then UT in Lexington back to back does not spell 100% 8-1 start to me. I think we should win both, but if UK screws around like they did with Missouri, Chattanooga and SC I see losing 1 or even both. If they win both though...should be 11-1 for sure. That does not mean disrespect Vandy or UL as both are road games, but both should be double digit (20+ point wins at least) if we respect them.

….. I would think it awesome if every UK fan took a cowbell and banged it when MSU was on offense.
Holy crap, that’s a good idea! Might piss off some Moo State folk….. I wouldn’t accept an invite to one of their animal husbandry seminars after that (or before that either)

I thought the same. Had no doubts about Florida nor that we could beat LSU. This is the toughest mental stretch of weeks. The next 3-4 weeks are critical.

We really just need 2 elite receivers to reach our offensive goals next year, provided WRob, WLevis, and CRod stay. OL class looks good so far.

Need another great playmaker @ S, CB, MLB, and playmaker on the DL in this class. May have them already, but 2 of each would be ideal.
Wandale Robinson is not coming back. Levis and CRod, maybe.

Lol. "For once...." what, are you three yrs old? "The FANS" have always had high and unrealistic expectations. If we pass for 250, they expected 350. If we run for 250, they expected more passing. If we beat Florida by 7, they should have won by 3 TDs.

Unrealistic expectations are a trademark.

Get your head out of there first and then we'll talk about... no, we'll never tall about what you do with wet blankets. That's some messed up perversion of yours there
Yet another, even more pronounced irrational reply. Posting drunk is really dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT