ADVERTISEMENT

If you could swap some games on the schedule...

trueblujr2

All-American
Dec 14, 2005
Meaning when we play them, not other teams.

I would have swapped Alabama and Florida (but Lord knows the SEC will NEVER send Florida up here in November)
Then because of that I would have swapped UGA and South Carolina so we didn't have to play Bama and UGA back to back.

Reasoning? I don't think it would have changed our record necessarily, but I would have much preferred playing Bama at 4-0 with the jacked up atmosphere we had for the Florida game. As it stands, even after a decisive road victory, Fans are in the pits. The atmosphere tomorrow is not shaping up to be what it should. I hope I'm wrong and the fans bring it like they did for Florida. I'll be doing my part.

I thought the fans brought it for the UT game even though UK was coming off a terrible two games against GA and Mizzou, I think the fans will be fairly jacked at least to start the game!

Reactions: bluecoon1
I don't think it matters where Bama and UGA are on the schedule. It's more important to have games like UF and USC in opportune dates since both are very winnable games. It reminds me in the 90's when I would always prefer to play UF and UT on the road because it was a guaranteed loss regardless of if it was home or away. Then we played more winnable games at home.

I would have swapped Alabama and Florida (but Lord knows the SEC will NEVER send Florida up here in November)
Then because of that I would have swapped UGA and South Carolina so we didn't have to play Bama and UGA back to back.

Reasoning? I don't think it would have changed our record necessarily, but I would have much preferred playing Bama at 4-0 with the jacked up atmosphere we had for the Florida game. As it stands, even after a decisive road victory, Fans are in the pits. The atmosphere tomorrow is not shaping up to be what it should. I hope I'm wrong and the fans! bring it like they did for Florida. I'll be doing my part.
The Fla in November thing was CM(get his name off the fb stadium) Newton's fault!

I thought the fans brought it for the UT game even though UK was coming off a terrible two games against GA and Mizzou, I think the fans will be fairly jacked at least to start the game!

Agreed and the team crapped the bed yet again against UT.

This November myth has got to go. Plenty of teams have kicked our ass in November over the years.

We gain nothing via weather in November.

Ya'll act like we're Maine or something. If it ever gets so cold to affect elite teams, first rounders, and top coaches coaching ability...guess what it's too cold for our squad and staff too.

But I have always been a believer in strategic scheduling. Not based on weather, but catching certain teams early before they get rolling and breaking up gauntlets to prevent 3-4 game slides.

So, in an ideal world if our brass could pick and choose...

UL
OOC
UGA
Good West opponent (bama, LSU, ole miss)
OOC
UT
Vandy
Fla
SC
Miss St
OOC
Mizz

Essentially take lumps/get better prep early...maybe sneak an upset on someone before they really get rolling.

Better to find out who's who, make roster adjustments, and tweak game plan/play calling early on than to have to find things out in October staring down 3-4 ranked SEC opponents in a row.

Break up potential for 3-4 game slides with OOC and/or mid-lower tier conference opponents.

This November myth has got to go. Plenty of teams have kicked our ass in November over the years.

Ya'll act like we're Maine or something. If it ever gets so cold to affect elite teams, first rounders, and top coaches coaching ability...guess what it's too cold for our squad and staff too.

But I have always been a believer in strategic scheduling. Not based on weather, but catching certain teams early before they get rolling and breaking up gauntlets to prevent 3-4 game slides.

So, in an ideal world if our brass could pick and choose...

UL
OOC
UGA
Good West opponent (bama, LSU, ole miss)
OOC
UT
Vandy
Fla
SC
Miss St
OOC
Mizz

Essentially take lumps/get better prep early...maybe sneak an upset on someone before they really get rolling.

Better to find out who's who, make roster adjustments, and tweak game plan/play calling early on than to have to find things out in October staring down 3-4 ranked SEC opponents in a row.

Break up potential for 3-4 game slides with OOC and/or mid-lower tier conference opponents.
You're forgetting Texas (next year) and Oklahoma.

Totally agree. Since 2000, we are 8-24 at home against SEC teams in November. Hell, Joker has 3 of those 8 wins.

Reasoning? I don't think it would have changed our record necessarily, but I would have much preferred playing Bama at 4-0 with the jacked up atmosphere we had for the Florida game. As it stands, even after a decisive road victory, Fans are in the pits. The atmosphere tomorrow is not shaping up to be what it should. I hope I'm wrong and the fans bring it like they did for Florida. I'll be doing my part.

Good post, I always harp on timing of games when it comes to predicting outcomes:

1). I would move Mizzou to earlier in the season. We ALWAYS lose the week after the UGA game.
2). I would not play South Carolina the week after Alabama. This is a game UK should win, but who knows where our heads are at after playing Bama at home.

On the flip side:

-UK benefits by playing UT the week after Bama (didn't take advantage of it) and playing Bama the week after they play LSU (TBD).

I don’t really care about moving games around but I’d like to see more of them start at noon. We seem to play better early vs prime time against the perennial powerhouses, maybe because we don’t use all day to get overhyped.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT