ADVERTISEMENT

If you care, Devin Askew has found yet another school

GI-ksiRXUAAwqMj.jpg

I immediately thought of Teenwolf when I saw that. Chubby didnt have an outside shot and neither does Askew.

5cb20-screen-shot-2017-03-02-at-8.35.40-pm.jpg

Last edited:
I thought the same thing! Like did he never see a gym in 4 years? He looks like he’s playing a pickup game or something.
It’s unbelievable this dude got opportunities in the SEC, Big 12, and Pac 12. It’s always been obvious that he needed to step down a level and will never be an NBA draft prospect. I just don’t understand how you can be in a P5 basketball program and be in no better shape than I am.

It’s unbelievable this dude got opportunities in the SEC, Big 12, and Pac 12. It’s always been obvious that he needed to step down a level and will never be an NBA draft prospect. I just don’t understand how you can be in a P5 basketball program and be in no better shape than I am.
I don’t either, I honestly have no idea how he ever got rated a 5 star talent. I mean usually those guys are at least all world athletes. He even played in a state known for a lot of basketball players, not like he was hidden in some back woods town with no talent in it. I’ve legit seen JUCO guys who never got a P5 shot who were way better:

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Perhaps THE biggest talent eval miss of the Cal era
Not even close. That honor goes to THE DRAGON, and there isn't a close second. Askew was a starter at Cal and averaged 15 ppg. He'll also be a starter at Long Beach. THE DRAGON? Not sure where he's at today, but at UK, he looked like he'd never played organized basketball before. 🤔

I'm not going to dog the kid, I'm going to dog Cal and have multiple times.

A high school senior running the point for the University of Kentucky

JFC - how did he let this program go off the rails so badly

Reactions: Zissou87
Not even close. That honor goes to THE DRAGON, and there isn't a close second. Askew was a starter at Cal and averaged 15 ppg. He'll also be a starter at Long Beach. THE DRAGON? Not sure where he's at today, but at UK, he looked like he'd never played organized basketball before. 🤔
Whitney is currently out of basketball. He averaged about the same stats while in the G-League. He is a G-League Champion, though, but didn't contribute.

He never had a chance the way he was used

Kid doesn’t even look like he’s in very good shape in the above photo. I don’t get it.
It's just a bad angle.

Devin_Askew__55__Cal_MBB_20231110_221006_KCox.jpg

23-11-13_MBBvsCSUBakersfield_Devin_Askew-2.jpg

This one might finally be about the right level for him. And it only took him four schools to find it.

Hard to believe that guy was once our much hyped 5 star starting PG.
He did average 15.5 ppg at Cal in 2022-2023. He got hurt last year after six games.

What is this, his 14th year of eligibility?
This was just his senior year and he only played six games due to injury. So I'd say he probably has two years of eligibility left due to the COVID year and medical redshirt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT