ADVERTISEMENT

If you attended UK

Was he the guy that taught barefoot? I had whoever that guy was.

He didn't when I was there. This is him. I remember he was on 60 Minutes many years after I left.

TOTALLY DIFFERENT TOPIC

Another one of Comm professors I had was arrested last year for molestation...yikes. that was not DeSantis...just to be clear. It was this guy...he was in his first year at UK when he taught my class.

He didn't when I was there. This is him. I remember he was on 60 Minutes many years after I left.

TOTALLY DIFFERENT TOPIC

Another one of Comm professors I had was arrested last year for molestation...yikes. that was not DeSantis...just to be clear. It was this guy...he was in his first year at UK when he taught my class.

He taught barefoot when I had him my Freshman year in the fall of 94.

My existence as a UK student was so unbelievably awesome on the hoops front.

Grateful to this day!

The record during the time I was there was 159-25. Multiple SEC regular and sec tourney championships. Four regional finals. Three final 4 appearances. Three straight title games. 2 national championships.

I was there from 1993 to 1998. I was fortunate to attend well over 100 games including road games, NCAA regionals, final fours and title games. I don’t go too far between times I pinch myself at how fortunate I was to be there during that time. I still marvel to this day growing up a fan of UK in this state and it just so happened I was there during the best era in the history of the school post 1940s.

Truly, it was an amazing time. I saw great coaches, great rivalries, great players and knew many guys on our teams. Those guys were cool and fun to be around and made rooting for them so easy. I thank the Lord that I was there at that time… what an incredible ride. There may never be a five-year period like it again.

I graduated one month after Tubby’s title in ‘98. What a way to go out!

Last edited:
Reactions: UK67KU59
96-2000, then taught there for 19 years (and did AV-IT). I felt fortunate to have gone there during the best stretch. Or at least the modern day best stretch.

Reactions: UkMccurdy
83-88

First game we were up 29 on Louisville before Hall called off the cats. Went to the Indiana game in Rupps that is described in Feinsteins book about Knight. Georgetown second half....ugh

Second year....Hall's last. Kenny Walker amazing.

Third year...Sutton's first...32-3 and had to beat LSU FOUR times. Too much to ask.

Fourth year....Rex Chapman. 85-51 at Freedom Hall over defending champs when they were favored. Rest of year sucked.

Fifth year...started number one. Beat Louisville on a tipin. Sutton rumors started. Lost to Villanova and then the scandal started.

I can predict the future, and I'm over 100 years old, so I decided to attend Kentucky for undergrad from 1947 - 1949, and then took a year off, and then came back for my junior year in '51.

Didn't like the crop of dykeish coeds that I was set to graduate with, so I held off on my senior year and did some other things, smoked a lot of grass in the interim period, and came back for my senior year so as to graduate in the Spring of '78.

Had my grad school years from 1995-1996, then finished in 1997-1998.

Came back as an RA and took some random classes in 2011 because I knew what was coming with title in 2012, what with my ability to see the future and all.

• Haha
Reactions: UkMccurdy
Tubby’s last two years into the Gillespie years. Never saw more than 22 wins or advancing beyond the first weekend of the tournament. Good times.

DeSantis taught 101 back in my day....will never forget walking in on first day of class in massive auditorium and he was blasting Blink 182.
Fall of '83 UK's telecom professor (forget his name; real natty dresser--bow-tie/suspenders type style) told us that he was in the process of investing 10K w/ a colleague who was developing a "mobile phone, that you can take on a boat, in a car, camping. etc."

I suspect he retired wealthy...

Reactions: HagginHall1999
71-72 Rupps last year. Lost to Florida State at Regionals in Dayton. Super Freshman went undefeated.

Fall of '83 UK's telecom professor (forget his name; real natty dresser--bow-tie/suspenders type style) told us that he was in the process of investing 10K w/ a colleague who was developing a "mobile phone, that you can take on a boat, in a car, camping. etc."

I suspect he retired wealthy...

Yeah, I'd say so!

I can tell you a member of my wife's family was involved in the creation of cellular networks (specifically satellite technology)....life is good for him...

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I attended UK in 58-59 and they were 24-3. Probably the most exciting game I saw was The Maryland game. We were behind by 3points with 3 seconds to go and Rupp called a timeout and instructed one of the guards to drive and get fouled. He did, we tied the game and in overtime we won!
Talk about an exciting game!!!!

Fall 1996 to Spring 2000.

A pretty good run (not as good had I been there a year earlier). A lot of Woodland & Euclid fun and some really good memories.

1994 to 1999. Was in the UK band and traveled well with those teams.

82-86. Good teams, but not the results we wanted.

My freshman year the football team went 0-10-1. I attended every home game.....Brutal!

1988-1992. it was magical when Pitino came on campus and started turning things around. I remember the “3” signs in the dorm windows whenever I walked to class. It was pretty incredible.
Same.

It was the best and worst time to go to UK from a basketball perspective.

Would not change a thing.

1997 to 2001. Had my heart broken from the Arizona OT loss my first year. The following season the Comeback Cats mended my broken heart after taking down Utah for the natty.

This is what I love about BBN. We got posters representing pretty much every era of UK basketball.

We might not all agree with each other, but we all have a deep passion for the Cats.

Freshmen were not eligible when I attended, but the last Freshmen Class with Kevin Grevey and company were fun to watch in Memorial Coliseum. Gone from UK by then, but the NC in 75 was a heart break.

Transferred to UK in Fall of 1965;
1965-1966: Got to see Riley, Dampier, Jaracz, Conley & Kron. Great season save the heart breaking ending.
1966-1967: Not good. 13-13. What happened?
1967-1968: Good season. Casey, Issel, Pratt 1st year. Another sad ending, this time in person at Memorial
Coliseum in the Mideast Regional. Beat Al McGuire's team then had Ohio State in the final. Lost on a last second shot by OSU.

1972 - 21-7 Lost to Florida State in Elite 8 and Coach Rupp's last game
1973- 20-8. Lost to Indiana in Elite 8
1974 - 13-13
1975- 26-5 Lost to UCLA in National Championship game
1976- 20-10 NIT Champions defeating North Carolina at Charlotte
1977- 26-4 Lost to North Carolina at Chapel Hill in Elite 8
1978- 30-2 National Champions defeating Duke

I was a student when we came within 2.1 seconds of sending Duke home in '92.

I was a grad student when we won the title in '12 with The Brow..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT