ADVERTISEMENT

IF we land Osobor...

I don't see Osobor now but we've already improved our 4/5 spots massively in just about every area, starters and depth, compared to last year. Harrison is better than anybody we had there last year and he's just the 3rd best 4/5 we've gotten so far.

Everyone was b****ing the last few years for trying to play 2 bigs at once and not going with the modern small ball offense. Now we’re talking about playing 3 at a time 😂
Using two smaller bigs to try and defend the rim, while clogging up lanes on the other end, in an offense predicated on driving and kicking, didn't work well.

Playing two grown men who can pass well and bully their way to a basket, in a modern offense, when at least one of them can shoot the three, might work. Might not. I'm willing to let the coaches tinker and figure out if that works.

Bam was really really good. No one here is that good, He just didn't have enough help inside. P.J and Travis were solid.
I would say this front court is a little better due to having 3 guys without much of a dropoff!

Using two smaller bigs to try and defend the rim, while clogging up lanes on the other end, in an offense predicated on driving and kicking, didn't work well.

Playing two grown men who can pass well and bully their way to a basket, in a modern offense, when at least one of them can shoot the three, might work. Might not. I'm willing to let the coaches tinker and figure out if that works.
Key thing is...grown ass MEN.
These players have been thru the wars, are battle tested, know the art of positioning for rebounds and setting screens.
We will see a vastly different offensive scheme under Pope.
I know people may have some questions about getting a team completely from the portal but these players we have gotten are all top notch players.
I'm loving how the roster is being built. We will be experienced and ready for the battles.

Reactions: JPFisher

While a lot of us look at carr ability to knock down the 3 and stretch the floor, we might be overlooking his post game!

Reactions: JPFisher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT