ADVERTISEMENT

If we add SEC games

If we go to a 9 or 10 game conference schedule do we know who the opponents will be?

A just question. They can manipulate it any way they want. I would assume we play our 8 scheduled games and then 2 more west teams. I doubt we get lucky and get ole miss and Arkansas though.

From the news coming from the ACC it's looking like we are going to be doing the same type schedule, 10 conference games plus 1.

I am sure most have seen this but the ACC has done this, ND plays 10 ACC games and is eligible to be conference champion. There will be no divisions, the 2 teams with the highest winning percentage will play for the conference championship in Charlotte. The plus1 game has to be played in the ACC school's home state.

So with that, the 4 games on rivalry weekend appear safe. But 2 other games appear to be off the table, 2 games scheduled for opening weekend, AU vs NC on Sat the 5th and UGA vs Virginia on Mon the 7th appear to be off.

As for who the 2 extra SEC games are earlier in the summer it was rumored the 2 extra games would be the the 2 teams that rotate on your schedule for 21 and 22 would be the 2 extra games. Now I have no idea what this will do to the current schedule. Everyone will have to drop at least 3 games, some may have to drop 4. It will likely result in the rescheduling of some conference games. But at this point I will be ok with whatever the conference decides. But I dont think we bring in an extra team and I believe we keep divisions.

Playing 10 sec games is going to make the playoff race interesting. Can anyone finish 9 and 1 or 10 and 0 playing 10? No one of lsus caliber in league this year.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Think the theory everybody is working with is you just add the two team that rotate on to your schedule over from the 21 & 22 years with where they would be scheduled to be played. That’s why we would get LSU (21) at home and Ole Miss (22) in Oxford.

This is a rational thing to do, and maybe the SEC can get a little more green out of the deal, as a U.K. Ole Miss contest is bound to have better ratings than us against a MAC school.

People don’t understand what you’re saying but it’s because LSU lost an entire roster to the NFL and will be playing with a new QB without Joe Brady managing the offense. If we could get them the first game we could win that.

I dont think Burrows was their biggest loss, Brady their passing game coordinator returned to the NFL. Pre Brady Burrows was just another good college QB, with Brady he was Superman.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I would love an all SEC schedule (plus in state rival game!!!!!). Hope we do that and it remains that way going forward. It would add even more prestige to the greatest conference in football, it would be wonderful for the fans. Take the top two teams from each division and have your own SEC Final Four.

But we gotta play Louisville and there is no logical reason not to this year. From a covid standpoint, it’s the safest game we could play. From a fan and university standpoint, it’s one of the more important games we could play. It’s just good for the soul whipping the piss out of UL and making their coach cry at midfield. We need that more than ever right now.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Short of adding Ole miss and Arkansas, I think LSU / Ole Miss is probably the most favorable thing that could happen to UK (especially if the LSU game is early). LSU will be rebuilding and lost a TON off of last year's title team. They'll still be LSU with tons of athletes all over the field, but I would like our chances if the game is in September.

Reactions: ganner918
Just saw Ross Dellinger guess that LSU and Ole Miss may be our 2 additional opponents based on them being the next 2 teams in our rotation. I guess we'll see...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let this be what happens. :)
I would love to see the alligators play Bama.

Edit: the guy has it wrong on the Dawgs' next 2. Ole Miss comes for us again before Miss St.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
Florida adding Bama and A&M to the schedule is rough.
MuLLLen be like...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Mashburned
It'll be LSU and Ole Miss based on the rotation with the SECW opponent that's not Miss St.

Be careful what you ask for...heard this am that we probably will not play Mizzou or Vandy. How can that be?

Heard that as well....that was just a know it all gas bag using the ACC's no divisions throw it against the wall and see what sticks method to scheduling that they used yesterday and applying it to the SEC

The SEC's cross division rotational system "should provide the extra games, think our 8 existing opponents will remain though home and road could possibly change for some.

I like it but curious on final records with 10 conference games. Will 4-6 get a bowl this year? Doubt we have bowls anyways.

Was thinking that myself....

If there are bowls, whats going to be the standard?

f you go by the existing standard, how many teams are realistically going to win 6 conference games. (4, maybe 5) and 2 of those will be in the SEC championship games.

My guess is 5 will be the number of wins and 1/2 of the bowls will be postponed for coming season if not done away with altogether

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT