ADVERTISEMENT

If only I were a crackhead with no money....

USMC Cat

Senior
Jun 24, 2009
I wouldn't be getting hit with all these medical bills:

4hsb40.png

My girlfriend has "Passport" insurance, never has to pay a dime and gets free ambulance and ER visits and hospital stays. Unreal how jealous I am, but my baby got it so that's the real MVP

The Passport system has some issues. Qualification is solely based on income and doesn't consider assets. So you could own a $1 million home and have fat stacks in the bank and still qualify for the program is long as you had low enough income.

The Passport system has some issues. Qualification is solely based on income and doesn't consider assets. So you could own a $1 million home and have fat stacks in the bank and still qualify for the program is long as you had low enough income.
Pretty much the exact reason I'm not considering getting married yet. I own a house have a sizeable fund of cash. My GF nannies various days of the week and makes decent side cash and the doctor is always giving us free things for our baby such as 400$ bassinet, 300$ in toys, and probably thousands in clothes (she works for her DR who has 2 kids 8 and 2). Really works out great for me, but definitely playing the system.

Reactions: DSmith21
FYI, recently heard of haggling at the time of treatment resulting in a 90% discount for immediate payment from a patient with no insurance. The ER's first offer was 70% but the guy was a car salesman and knew to negotiate.
Think about that for a minute.

FYI, recently heard of haggling at the time of treatment resulting in a 90% discount for immediate payment from a patient with no insurance. The ER's first offer was 70% but the guy was a car salesman and knew to negotiate.
Think about that for a minute.

I was on the OR table within the hour. I hadn't been to see a doctor in probably 8 years, I had no idea itd be that expensive.

But I guess when the alternative is dying, you kinda have to play by their rules.

Good to know in the future though.

4hsb40.png
Sure you would. Hospitals bill people all the time that are unable to pay for services they've received. It's why so many hospitals are closing or have closed.

I was on the OR table within the hour. I hadn't been to see a doctor in probably 8 years, I had no idea itd be that expensive.

But I guess when the alternative is dying, you kinda have to play by their rules.

Good to know in the future though.
Glad you're still with us! Life threatening emergencies and bills like this underscore why regularly visiting a physician is so important.

Sure you would. Hospitals bill people all the time that are unable to pay for services they've received. It's why so many hospitals are closing or have closed.

Eh, I tried to get a discount on my blood thinners (which run me $110/mo) but apparently I'm not poor enough.

One more test on Monday to determine whether I can stop taking them, or whether I have to take them for the rest of my life.

Side note: Drug addicts overdosing is on the rise and has created a price increase and product shortage of Epi-pens.

This has made them harder to get and more expensive for those who need them for anaphylactic allergies.

Sounds reasonable. Pffft.

That’s not true, I consult for Passport & my mother in law has Medicaid. She got $10,000 in an inheritance (all the money she has on Earth) and they took her Medicaid away till she spent that money.

That’s not true, I consult for Passport & my mother in law has Medicaid. She got $10,000 in an inheritance (all the money she has on Earth) and they took her Medicaid away till she spent that money.

A person that I know well got Kchip benefits for her children even though she had very high assets but low income after a divorce . I thought that was administered by passport but could be mistaken. In any case, systems can be gamed.

Sorry to hear about your health problems and glad you are ok. Is that the amount being charged to the insurance company?

Yeah definitely not the amount I have to pay. But between the numerous hospital visits, a dozen tests, and the physical therapy from my Achilles rupture, I've paid out a pretty penny.

A person that I know well got Kchip benefits for her children even though she had very high assets but low income after a divorce . I thought that was administered by passport but could be mistaken. In any case, systems can be gamed.
No, it’s a bit complicated, to get Medicaid you basically have to have no assets and no/low income. Passport is Medicaid. KCHIP is insurance for children only whose parents have low/no income. It does not consider assets.

Reactions: DSmith21
Side note: Drug addicts overdosing is on the rise and has created a price increase and product shortage of Epi-pens.

This has made them harder to get and more expensive for those who need them for anaphylactic allergies.

Sounds reasonable. Pffft.
98% sure this is COMPLETELY FALSE. They don’t use epi pens for overdoses, they use Narcan. Epi pens went up a bunch because hat douchey guy that just went to prison for a pyramid scheme or something bought the rights to them and increased the price by like 6,000%.

I think you mixed up two different stories.

Ah the old medicad talk. You could live like a king if you have two kids no income and get little to no child support. Food stamps free healthcare cell phone. I'm so glad I work two jobs to support some of this shit. I was in a checkout the other day getting some damn bologna and that the trash next two me had two cart fulls of steak crab all the good stuff pulled out the ent and off they went. Another good one was some chick will a bad muffin top from pushing out 8 kids walked into the gas station and got 15 bucks worth of snacks chips a malt and everything she could handle. She whipped out the American flag card. Paid for her shit then went into her wallet and paid cash if a carton of smokes that was 45 bucks. That pissed me off. I understand some need it and I respect that but then there are some that want nothing but free handouts

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
I want free handouts! I can't have any though. Instead, I pay for them. You know, just as long as I'm involved somehow it makes me feel included. 'merica, **** yeah!

Reactions: warrior-cat

4hsb40.png

I am the answer to your prayers my man. Give me everything you have of value, and in return I will supply you with enough crack to qualify you as a "head'.

No, it’s a bit complicated, to get Medicaid you basically have to have no assets and no/low income. Passport is Medicaid. KCHIP is insurance for children only whose parents have low/no income. It does not consider assets.
The passport insurance for kids is the best. It makes me very happy to never have to pay a medical bill for my child. Free ER visits, free medicine, etc it's truly a gift from god. Wish everyone in America could have it and just bump taxes up a little more

Spend all your money and become a crackhead. Not much to ponder really. Seems cut and dry.

Problem is, then I have nothing else.

I want to be CHARGED like a crack head, but I don't want to be a crack head.

I assumed that much was understood.

Problem is, then I have nothing else.

I want to be CHARGED like a crack head, but I don't want to be a crack head.

I assumed that much was understood.
Might I suggest you invest in a heath insurer like United Heath and get taxed at low capital gains rates to better afford the calamity.

Glad you're still with us! Life threatening emergencies and bills like this underscore why regularly visiting a physician is so important.
They say this all of the time but, when I ask to do a stress test I was told they will not do it unless I was having chest pains or heart problems already. What is the point of checking or regular visits if you can't find out where you are in the blockage of arteries. Am I visiting the wrong doctors? I have seen a couple and got the same answer. This area I am in has a high rate of heart disease problems.

ADVERTISEMENT