ADVERTISEMENT

If Mark Pope is truly our next coach. Do you support him?

Do you Support Mark Pope as UK's next Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 115 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 28 19.6%

• Total voters
Absolutely, he will be fantastic here. You'll know it like we knew it in the Duke game in 92.
We're back. He knows the blueprint and he is one of us.

Go Cats!!!
What honestly makes you believe this? I mean seriously I’m genuinely asking, what has he done besides being a former player here that would make you believe that?

Reactions: Catfan2226
Yes. He's engaging, runs a fun offense, and is intelligent enough to dissect what made Pitino great. By all accounts, he's great with Xs and Os and adapts to games.

His big hurdles will be recruiting and getting donors on his side. I hope to God that he already has assistants in mind to go out and get him our next crop of recruits. It'll be easier to recruit to a high level program like Kentucky by default, but he's never done that.
Well I’ll say he one thing Cal never had, Pope is personable.

I don’t understand this question. It’s the same as when Cal was around.

The coach is PART of the team. How on earth do u even support a team but not the coach along with it. Sure you could not like a coach or want them gone but you’re still cheering your team on to do well which just looks good on the coach. The two are intertwined

I don’t know about Pope but as long as he’s here I’m definitely supporting him. We all have preferences but at the end of the day when the hire is made, hop on board and let’s go.

Hell no. I prefer to just go 0-28 his first year to get it over with and move on. This ain’t working in a trillion years. Not in the situation he’s in.

He's my coach

I'm gonna do everything I can as a fan to help him succeed.

I'm 100% certain he'll give it everything he has and won't shrink from the moment.

I hope he surrounds himself with amazing coaches.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I will always support the coach until they give me a reason not to. I will support Coach Pope and will always love Pope that he played for us. I just can’t stand Mitch and this verifies that now. He just gets so damn lazy when it comes to either looking for a coach for these big programs or when it comes to renewing contracts. He just doesn’t want to put in the work . He should’ve left with Calipari!!!!!

I will not be watching a single Kentucky basketball game on TV, attending a Kentucky basketball game, buy any UK gear, or look at UK basketball media until Barnhart retires or gets fired. If Pope is still the coach after Barnhart is gone I then will give him a chance. This is coming from a UK alumni who was born in Kentucky.
So say that Pope succeeds wildly at UK, you still won’t support him?

This is the kind of idiotic emotional reactions that make BBN look stupid.

Once the shock wore off. And I actually looked at it. I really hope he kills it here. Maybe the optimist in me but I’m thinking he will.

Pope? Absolutely
Mitch? Absolutely Not

To hire a former player with ZERO tournament wins under their belt because you didn’t want to wait a week on Donovan is inexcusable and negligent; Pope wasn’t going anywhere in that span. To top that off by saying “just give him some time” when the only knock you had on Donovan was the possibility of a bad upcoming season due to timing is insulting to every fan this team has ever had.
Tucker reported that UK did in fact reach out to Donovan and there wasn’t interest. Waiting a week certainly didn’t guarantee we would get him. In the age of having to build from the portal, I understand not wanting to wait on something that wasn’t a guarantee at best.

Pope is one of us and was a Captain of that 1996 team! He is a smart dude so let’s get behind him and let him put staff together and recruit!! 🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT