ADVERTISEMENT

If JVC coached here 19 years

Why not? In Selfs first 10 years at KU....

1 title, 2 FF's and 6 Elite 8's..

Yes BBN would have gotten antsy with consecutive 2nd Round losses, but all would be forgotten because the next 3 years was E8, E8 and FF.

Cal first 10...

1 title, 4 FF's and 7 E's....1 NIT and a 2nd rd loss. Since the 2018 E8, Cal has not advanced past the Second round...had a losing record, and lost in the 1st round.

And HUH? What do youo mean by , "this is UK, not KU"?

UK has 8 national titles to KUs cheating 4. And aren't u some loser Indiana fan?

Go party like its 1987 buddy.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Yeah, Dad hated talking about that game. I'm sure I would've been losing my mind. Can't imagine how Joe B felt.
With the way you rapid fire post and meltdown in the game threads when the other team goes on a 6-0 run against the Cats.

You would have definitely been on suicide watch watching that 84 lid on the basket game.
Another title that got away. UK was the better team.

Reactions: Doodah859
No we cant just forget that Cal coached a team to the worst season since Rupp took the job in the 30s.
I get it. I do. That season was terrible. But it was also super weird. I have no idea what tf actually happened that season, but that was definitely an anomaly that many people have held on to for a very long time. Personally, I think Cal changed his strategy after that season and that's why we had the last two seasons we have had. I think he started doubting his strategy of having the best young players and tried to go with experience. It didn't work.
I have no idea how this season will turn out, but this feels like an old school young but extremely talented Cal team and they were always in contention. In my opinion, that's all you can ask for.

As an older guy myself, I have learned to project confidence/arrogance. But sometimes, when you fail, you still wonder to yourself...was I wrong? could I do things different and do better? Is there a better way? So you try it. And if it doesn't work, you go with what made you a mf-ing beast to start with. :)

Last edited:
I think Bill Self is the best coach in the country right now, and I think his resume is exactly what happens when you have average luck in the tournament. People still don't realize how hard it is to win it all and how much luck plays a role. Self's run at Kansas has been very successful and it's exactly what blue blood programs should expect when they have a top 5 coach.
You are obviously overlooking cheating at a level that should have gotten Kansas the death penalty.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
icgaf

about Final Fours. They're a nice bonus to have when you're comparing yourself to another school that happens to have equal or fewer titles than you. Otherwise they're Helms titles. Worse, actually. Whatever a Helms title is, it is meaningless-----but it is not a consolation prize. A FF without a title is literally a consolation prize. I may be alone in all the universe holding this view. If so I'm okay with that.

If JVC wins a second title before he's spent 19 total years here then I will respect him more than I do now. Feel free to think that's weird but it's only third grade math. Two titles in 19 years is one title every 9.5 years on average, and at this point JVC is not doing that well.

I don't hate him.

I just think he's doing exactly as well as a coach who wins one title every 13 years on average so far. Which is what he is.
(See? I didn't even charge him for 2019.)

Maybe I'm just more honest than most people.

Reactions: NociHTTP
This team has been most fun to watch since Cal has been here,finally playing a more modern offense if this continues people will start too like Cal again.Could it be John Welch

CAL should have 3 to 4 already and we all would be at RUPP taking pictures with the statue the University built outside the arena. He only has 1 which is mind boggling with the talent he has had especially his early years. Any decent Coach has 2 or more in CAL’s first 6 seasons.
And the more I’ve seen of Calipari, I’m sad and kind of mad to say, that 2012 team weren’t coached to a title, they won in spite of the coaching
Our current team has a ton of talent, basketball IQ and a couple of legacies . And I’ll be shocked with more than an Elite 8…

If he coached here 19 years and had:

2 National Titles
4 Final Fours
8 out of 19 Tournaments exited in the first or second round of the tournament
Had a # 1 seed 10 times and made it to the F4 3 times when having that #1 seed

Would you conside that success? Failue? Meh?
Okay. You finally convinced me. I'm so excited for the next 6 years.....

Imagine if Bill “Sucks” Self didn’t cheat. D*ckhead would be sitting next to other failed coaches during pre & post game. Complete fraud.

With the way you rapid fire post and meltdown in the game threads when the other team goes on a 6-0 run against the Cats.

You would have definitely been on suicide watch watching that 84 lid on the basket game.
Another title that got away. UK was the better team.
Just couldn't comment without taking a shot? Nice. And I'm not nearly as bad in game threads as some thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: Doodah859
I think Bill Self is the best coach in the country right now, and I think his resume is exactly what happens when you have average luck in the tournament. People still don't realize how hard it is to win it all and how much luck plays a role. Self's run at Kansas has been very successful and it's exactly what blue blood programs should expect when they have a top 5 coach.
Self is a cheating bag of filth that harbors criminals. He has exploited this deviant behavior to inflate his results. At best he is an under achiever. I think he will reside in the NCAA’s hall of infamy along side Dean Smith, Roy Williams, Rick Pitino and others that debased and corrupted college basketball. We are not Kansas. It would be insulting to be included in a discussion of such filth in basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT