ADVERTISEMENT

If Donovan says no....

If we miss out on Donovan too, we might as well just blow up Rupp Arena and the Craft Center and just give up. If a program like UK is at such a low point we have to try to hire some washed up re-tread or some nobody from a mid-major, we are up shit creek anyway.
What did Duke and North Carolina do ?? They hired young unproven coaches who had ties into there program!

Maybe it's time to rethink this process.
Cal was at UMass.....
Self was at Oral Roberts....
K was at US Military Academy....
Who is the next hungry, tough as nails up and comer who has what it takes???

Don't want another old man, preacher, NBA farmer, drunk or cheater.
Wish I had faith in Barney to find the diamond in the rough.
Todd Golden or Bryce Drew.

Maybe it's time to rethink this process.
Cal was at UMass.....
Self was at Oral Roberts....
K was at US Military Academy....
Who is the next hungry, tough as nails up and comer who has what it takes???

Don't want another old man, preacher, NBA farmer, drunk or cheater.
Wish I had faith in Barney to find the diamond in the rough.
Pat Kelsey…..

But he’s taken 😎

Reactions: sambowieshin
Outsider fan here but one that really would make sense from me minus experience would honestly be Tyler Ulis.

KU has Aaron Miles and Jeremy Case as former players that likely would be candidates—Miles has been an NBA assistant for several years. Not saying they would be top choices, just options.

I think if y’all signed a stop-gap type coach for 2-3 years and help Ulis get a mid major job (not sure what he’s up to) for a short stent for experience…. That would be a home run long term.

I think as long as the coach knows ball and cares about UK, the school recruits for itself.

Outsider fan here but one that really would make sense from me minus experience would honestly be Tyler Ulis.

KU has Aaron Miles and Jeremy Case as former players that likely would be candidates—Miles has been an NBA assistant for several years. Not saying they would be top choices, just options.

I think if y’all signed a stop-gap type coach for 2-3 years and help Ulis get a mid major job (not sure what he’s up to) for a short stent for experience…. That would be a home run long term.

I think as long as the coach knows ball and cares about UK, the school recruits for itself.
Has Ullis coached anywhere at any level? It’s been pre pandemic that I even heard his name. What has he been doing since the NBA?

Agree but only after Donovan say no. Personally I add Pitino but I understand the hatr
Rivalry aside and barbs aside, genuinely discussing - Rick has a cardinal tattoo on his shoulder…

Would that hire actually go over well? He’s also 72… you’re talking about 3-4 years at the most before you’re back to this place again.

I wish I trusted Mitch more.

We've been turned down many times before. Thanks no biggie. Lots of coaches can succeed here. But as we have seen, even a good coach can implore here. I don't believe has a clue what the secret formula is between the two.

So we just hope Mitch falls into a good hire 'cause Mike Pratt ain't walking thru that door to bail him out this time.

For every Self, K or Calipari, there are 20 that fail hard at a Power 5 school after coming from a midmajor. No thanks.
Exactly.. the schools listed got crazy lucky...then even luckier that the coach stayed forever and STAYED good, which Cal did not. Self and K at Kansas and Duke... lucky to have it workout like that
..I'd throw in Roy Williams for UNC too...lucky to steal him and he stayed forever...none of them ever interested in nba. Let's see what Hurley does...if he never goes NBA then uconn got crazy lucky too.

Lucky, Kentucky not so much...our guy(pitino) left instead of staying a lifetime and being a coach k like legend....ahh in another reality of the multiverse.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Rivalry aside and barbs aside, genuinely discussing - Rick has a cardinal tattoo on his shoulder…

Would that hire actually go over well? He’s also 72… you’re talking about 3-4 years at the most before you’re back to this place again.
Dude I gaurentee that would be removed likely publicly . Also he helped build the empire. He took the job when UK on probation and win 3 FF and 1 title ( I SAY 2 titles 4 FF as Tubby win with Rick's players) in 9 years. He is HUNGRY. Even at 70/71. It would be storybook an dominate headlines an ulti.ate FU to CCC. Other tbsn Rupp he was best coach UK ever had. Throw him 3 years at 20 mil with 2 year option if Billy says nawwww

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Dude I gaurentee that would be removed likely publicly . Also he helped build the empire. He took the job when UK on probation and win 3 FF and 1 title ( I SAY 2 titles 4 FF as Tubby win with Rick's players) in 9 years. He is HUNGRY. Even at 70/71. It would be storybook a dominate headlines an ulti.ate FU to CCC. Other tbsn Rupp he was best coach UK ever had. Throw him 3 years at 20 mil with 2 year option if Billy says nawwww
I understand the history. It’s just a wild turn of events to have a dude coaching your team with a tattoo of the rival.

Hes not getting it removed btw, he had stated it. But I don’t think it’s the right move at all for UK.

Why Mitch isn’t looking at Pearl and Wade is beyond me

What do you not like about Golden?

He’s never won more than 24 games in a season.

He’s never won a single NCAA tournament game.

He’s never landed a single top 100 recruit.

What in the world has this guy done that has him in people’s top 5 as the next Kentucky coach? He could end up really good but he’s nowhere near there yet. Billy Gillispie had a better resume when he was hired.

Reactions: Balzac
I figured you for a tard laced pedophile... [laughing]
Now I’m a pedophile??? Hahahahah

Alright, very strange pivot there. Is that what “ghettos” are known for…. Or is that more of the back country conservatives game… why don’t we check the record books on that one.

Did you actually go to UK?

If Donovan says no, Shaka Smart. young...had a rough go at Texas but lacked support. He is a recruiter and he can coach, builds team chemistry, young. Has never had the type of talent he would pull at UK.

Damn ..so that's why he isn't mentioned. Same as the Iowa state coach, TJ , his buyout is a ton.
Except the info provided by the resident tard is wrong... 12 million not 19...

dNK8h1M.png

Reactions: dynastydreamuk
If Donovan says no, Shaka Smart. young...had a rough go at Texas but lacked support. He is a recruiter and he can coach, builds team chemistry, young. Has never had the type of talent he would pull at UK.
Shaka seems really happy where he is. Apparently UL kicked the tires and he said he was good where he was

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT