ADVERTISEMENT

If Cal ever went to UL, would that

Your right I forgot about 89 but we fired Sutton after that season.
That's a standup reply. Mistakes happen no big deal. I will point out Sutton did not resurrect us from the BCG depths, have a title, 4 finals 4's + a fifth stolen by Higgins in the previous decade.

Reactions: bigbluelou
33.png

I'm speaking of many on this board who weren't Kentucky fans until Cal arrived and won't be when he leaves.
so you are roughly saying .0001% are Cal fans first and not UK fans first
i have been a UK fan probably longer then you have been alive
UK fans loved Pitino, when he went to ul he found out that UK is and will aways be bigger then any coach

so you are roughly saying .0001% are Cal fans first and not UK fans first
i have been a UK fan probably longer then you have been alive
UK fans loved Pitino, when he went to ul he found out that UK is and will aways be bigger then any coach
I'd say you need to move that decimal left 2 spots for this board.
If you don't think there are people on this board who think Kentucky basketball starts and ends with Calipari and think it inconceivable that you don't need the top 5 stars at every position in order to win, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not sure why you are getting so defensive.

Reactions: OleBum
If you don't think there are people on this board who think Kentucky basketball starts and ends with Calipari and think it inconceivable that you don't need the top 5 stars at every position in order to win, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not sure why you are getting so defensive.
BS! If get called a Cal nut hugger for saying anything positive about this team. If you take issue with manufactured negativity you get called a Cal nut hugger. If you say Aaron Bradshaw is gonna play, the Klutch conspiracy is made up and he isn’t Shaedon Sharpe you get called a Cal nut hugger.

Neutral? Like he has no opinion. It. Why do you want him to stifle his opinion? Politics wasn't this toxic before Jan 2017
Yea when the Democrats lost the 2016 election they weaponized the media and judges in the States they have the majority. Now they have weapons zed the FBI, CIA Justice Department, Homeland Security.

Reactions: grevey35
Agree to a point. I don't buy the NBA stuff the same that some do. Have always thought he was just honest with players, which I'm fine with. When you recruit the best you have to expect they will leave early. When they leave early, recruits see them on TV and want to be them- then they come to UK. It is a recruiting tactic; JMHO.

I think Cal f'ed up royally with staff, probably had some hangover heartburn from '15...but '20 was the biggest issue. Think he panicked and tried to do a quick fix. The recruiting misses due to staff and implicit cheating from other BB's didn't help.

Either way, feels different this year.

The one thing I've said for years is Cal is too damn good one way or another to be a single title coach. I've been watching him for 30+ years. He is a good coach, he isn't perfect...he has to be dialed in but when he is and trusts guys, he is as good as they get.

I really hope folks try and enjoy this because there is always a chance he closes out really strong. They are certainly putting the classes together to make a run.
I really like this post. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
So it is just .000001% of fans you are talking about? Sounds fair enough I guess.

Louisville is finished being even considered a great program anymore. It’s easy for me to see this fact for several reasons.

1. The NIL - they cannot afford to try and bring football to a p5 level and pay for basketball at the elite level.

2. Louisville must put majority of effort into football during the shifting climate.

3. I argue Louisville actually would have died out a long time ago if not for the rampant cheating that’s now over, or a unique situation like Pitino taking the job. The corruption and Pitino made the job look bigger than it is.

4. Indiana didn’t survive with more tradition and more recourses. If they can cease to be elite Louisville, with everything working against them, can easily.

I don’t think many realize why Payne is at Louisville in the first place. I have always believed it’s all they could get and they knew it. Without a doubt, if Pitino couldn’t raise their brand and create a legacy there, no one can.

Louisville is essentially a 1 time type of deal and occasional successes along the way. We’re all about to see just how small time Louisville basketball actually is.

Agree to a point. I don't buy the NBA stuff the same that some do. Have always thought he was just honest with players, which I'm fine with. When you recruit the best you have to expect they will leave early. When they leave early, recruits see them on TV and want to be them- then they come to UK. It is a recruiting tactic; JMHO.

I think Cal f'ed up royally with staff, probably had some hangover heartburn from '15...but '20 was the biggest issue. Think he panicked and tried to do a quick fix. The recruiting misses due to staff and implicit cheating from other BB's didn't help.

Either way, feels different this year.

The one thing I've said for years is Cal is too damn good one way or another to be a single title coach. I've been watching him for 30+ years. He is a good coach, he isn't perfect...he has to be dialed in but when he is and trusts guys, he is as good as they get.

I really hope folks try and enjoy this because there is always a chance he closes out really strong. They are certainly putting the classes together to make a run.

Our future prestige and Calipari’s legacy depend on a second title. It’s an absolute must. And yea, his brand is way too powerful to be a one title coach. The only other coach with a brand this size who didn’t win two is Boeheim. And for our sake, I’d rather Calipari end higher than Jim Boeheim. I said years ago it would be Rupp type potential with Joe Hall results. And we are close.

Weapon
Yea when the Democrats lost the 2016 election they weaponized the media and judges in the States they have the majority. Now they have weapons zed the FBI, CIA Justice Department, Homeland Security.
s like the Republican
FBI Director Wray that Trump appointed? 😂 Maybe you mean how they stacked the Supreme Court 😂 I can't believe a Republican

Like the Republican FBI Director that Trump appointed Chris Wray? Maybe ur talking about how Democrats stacked Supreme Court? 😂 You're joking right?

Weapon

s like the Republican

FBI Director Wray that Trump appointed? 😂 Maybe you mean how they stacked the Supreme Court 😂 I can't believe a Republican

Like the Republican FBI Director that Trump appointed Chris Wray? Maybe ur talking about how Democrats stacked Supreme Court? 😂 You're joking right?
Seeing you still support that idiot in the White House and his Cabinet tells me all I need to know about about your ability to look at issues in a rational manner. Oh by the way tell the idiot Democrats that the US is not a Democracy it is a Republic.

Reactions: Deli owl
Well I had made a neat cute nickname for that traitor, Benerick! I'm not sure what you'd call our current fearless leader if he ever did anything like that. So I guess that's one difference...

Would never happen... he's no idiot.

Hypothetically though... you already have a decent portion of the fanbase calling for him to retire as they don't believe his coaching or strategy can yield a championship. Obviously their would be some upset fans but deep down we know the guy can't coach and at his age wouldn't yield a big return for Louisville.
You have less than 25 people wanting Cal gone. They just happen to post on this board ad nauseam.

They believe they are a majority though.

Seeing you still support that idiot in the White House and his Cabinet tells me all I need to know about about your ability to look at issues in a rational manner. Oh by the way tell the idiot Democrats that the US is not a Democracy it is a Republic.
Really? So my car isn't also an automobile? I'm not from Ky and America? You can be 2 things at once
Really? You can't be 2 things at once. Never heard of Representative Democracy? Can a vehicle also be a car, can I be a Kentuckian and an American? https://www.npr.org/2022/09/10/1122089076/is-america-a-democracy-or-a-republic-yes-it-is

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT