ADVERTISEMENT

I wouldn't have thought it possible to pitch a no hitter and give up 7 runs

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
Damned if this team didn't do it though. 5 walks, 4 hit batters, a wild pitch and a dropped fly ball.

Although I do remember this happening and him not getting credit for the no no.

I pitched Khoury league when I was a kid and you could only throw for 7 of 9 innings. Threw a no hitter through my seven and we lost 5-1. I even threw a kid out at home from center field on a one hop in the 8th inning. Best individual game I ever had and it will always be one of the most disappointing losses ever for me even almost 40 years later.

Damned if this team didn't do it though. 5 walks, 4 hit batters, a wild pitch and a dropped fly ball.

You should have seen my record when I pitched Little League. That one time. Nobody got a hit because I walked almost everyone. Two guys refused to take the walk and swung wildly at out-of-the-strike-zone pitches. After nine runs (iirc) the coach finally took pity and let me slink off.

Sounds like something this Reds team would do just like last year when Hunter Greene & Art Warren pitched 8 no-hit innings on the road in Pittsburgh and Cincinnati still lost the game.

Anybody know what the record scored runs in a no-hitter was?

I pitched Khoury league when I was a kid and you could only throw for 7 of 9 innings. Threw a no hitter through my seven and we lost 5-1. I even threw a kid out at home from center field on a one hop in the 8th inning. Best individual game I ever had and it will always be one of the most disappointing losses ever for me even almost 40 years later.
Beats me, losing a 1-hitter when I was 15. The 1 hit did not score nor knock in the run, he was leadoff hitter of the game, batted lefty for first time in his life and tripled down LF line, but was stranded at 3b. Later in game runner got on by error. Then with 2 outs and 2 strikes he tried to steal on what was strike 3, making 1B open, so when the catcher dropped the pitch the batter tried to advance to 1B and the catcher over-threw the 1B, allowing the runner trying to steal 2b to score. Think I also had a 4 strikeout inning that game.

• Wow
Reactions: chroix
You should have seen my record when I pitched Little League. That one time. Nobody got a hit because I walked almost everyone. Two guys refused to take the walk and swung wildly at out-of-the-strike-zone pitches. After nine runs (iirc) the coach finally took pity and let me slink off.
My one time pitching, the last batter swung so hard that the ball went into the adjoining field about 350 feet away (this was a 8-12 y.o. league). However, due to the hard swing and him being a monstrous 6th grader, he swung all the way around and hit our catcher in the back of the head. Automatic out. I’m most likely the worst pitcher of all time with a 0.00 ERA.

Beats me, losing a 1-hitter when I was 15. The 1 hit did not score nor knock in the run, he was leadoff hitter of the game, batted lefty for first time in his life and tripled down LF line, but was stranded at 3b. Later in game runner got on by error. Then with 2 outs and 2 strikes he tried to steal on what was strike 3, making 1B open, so when the catcher dropped the pitch the batter tried to advance to 1B and the catcher over-threw the 1B, allowing the runner trying to steal 2b to score. Think I also had a 4 strikeout inning that game.

It was brutal. I was in the zone the whole game. And then I had to watch the most ridiculous collapse I’ve ever witnessed in a ball game from center field in the 9th. Similar bumbling to what yours sounds like. Funny how it sticks with you. I remember it clear as yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT