ADVERTISEMENT

I think a change is coming.

Yes I expect a hell of a lot more than 10 and 5 . That’s not the stats of a star
This team is loaded with talent. Not everyone can store 20+ every game. We scored 111 points, why does it matter who scored how many when we score that much? You're not scoring much more than 111 in a college game, so if Reed had more someone else would have had fewer. It really doesn't matter if the end result is the same.

This is a deep and diverse roster. For the most part, Cal has done a great job managing the roster, playing the right guys at the right time, and keeping everyone happy.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Stupid We will have to agree to disagree. Not sure we even watch the same sport or team if that’s your honest opinion.
Alicia Silverstone Reaction GIF by filmeditor

I like having the best bench in the country. It’s a huge advantage. I don’t understand why people want to risk messing with the teams chemistry

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
This team is loaded with talent. Not everyone can store 20+ every game. We scored 111 points, why does it matter who scored how many when we score that much? You're not scoring much more than 111 in a college game, so if Reed had more someone else would have had fewer. It really doesn't matter if the end result is the same.
Correct unless the previous poster posted he had a great game which is a joke

The starting lineup talking point is overblown. The subs everyone love blew the lead in the second half against LSU and again today after the starters pushed the lead to ten to start the half.

Counting today, since conference play started the starting lineup was winning in eight games, losing in eight games, and tied in one at the point the subs first came in. And some of those games Reed started and there wasn't any difference between compared to how the normal starters start the game.
This has already been statistically proven irrelevant and incorrect. Lineup (not individual) +\- data exist and makes the point you’re trying to disprove.

The score differential at the first subs means nothing without also providing a data point of the +/- after the subs enter until the next substitution. Thats how comparable statistics work no matter how many times you repeat a meaningless data point.

Isolating a single run from a game to try to support a point that unbias whole game/whole season statistical analysis shows to be incorrect is just confirmation bias searching.

The starters also matter much less now that Cal is playing the correct lineups 3/4+ of the game anyways. This was a bigger convo mid season when you had you bad lineups playing single to teen digit minutes and a couple least productive lineups and players getting 20+ minutes. So if even Cal had limited certain guys minutes to almost nothing…maybe you should revisit why you’re dying on a hill that everyone knows is incorrect even the coach you think you’re defending?

All that said, Wagner and Edward both played very very solid games today. Bradshaw had his best showing in months but he’s still behind Z from a production standpoint on both sides of the floor… and Cal correctly played him 10-12 min as a result. So there shouldn’t be many complaints

Last edited:
What?😕
Bradshaw hasn’t started in weeks, if he has at all. He had a good 1st half. And a good 2nd half. Smh
He had a really encouraging game comparatively to his past performance. That can be true while it simultaneously being true that Z (and even Ugo) provide a more complete game on both ends, provide more rim protection, and are better suited for the physicality of the college game at this point. It won’t happen but I wish Bradshaw would come back and add 20-30lbs bc he will be a force as soon as he can hold his ground

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing starting games and halves slowly isn't really a lineup thing and is more of a team wide thing. The actual data shows this to be true. With the starting five everyone hates, half the time we're winning and half the time we're losing. And when Reed has started we haven't started any better.
Have we started a lineup of Reed, Dilly, Reeves, Z? The 4 spot can be any of Mitchell, Thiero, or Edwards.

If not, why not? Why are we not starting our best lineup? It’s not just about inserting Reed in there, it’s about the best lineup, which he is certainly part of.

They won’t always be great, but that lineup is light years ahead of our current starters.

This has already been statistically proven irrelevant and incorrect. Lineup (not individual) +\- data exist and makes the point you’re trying to disprove.

The score differential at the first subs means nothing without also providing a data point of the +/- after the subs enter until the next substitution. Thats how comparable statistics work no matter how many times you repeat a meaningless data point.
I'm not arguing the starting lineup is better than any other lineup. But you're also missing the point that the subs coming in and going on a run is part of the strategy of starting who we do. You let the other team think they got their feet under them and then sub in spark plugs and punch them in the face.

Lineup +/- will show some lineups are better than others. But that's hasn't been the major complaint. The major complaint with the starting lineup has been the starting five always puts us in big holes we spend the rest of the half digging out of. That just isn't true.

I'm not isolating any single run in an single game. But there are ample data points at this point of the subs letting the other team go on a big run. Sometimes runs happen and there's no lineup you can start that guarantees you start fast. Starting slow has been a problem with us for years. It's much less a lineup thing and more a team wide thing. People complained about it last year and the year before that too.

There are a couple combinations of five guys that have worked out really well recently and Cal's leaning on them to end games. But that's also due in large part to Z improving his defense immensely and making it much harder not to play him. I'm glad we have a few killer lineups, I'm not convinced starting them will make us start games or halves any better.

It makes 0 sense to not start Reed and then put him into the game 3 minutes into each half and play the rest of the half. Start him and give him a break to catch his breath about halfway through for 2-3 minutes.
Starting Reed did not help this team start any quicker than any other lineup.

I was hoping you were saying that you knew Cal was leaving. Still keeping fingers crossed.

What?😕
Bradshaw hasn’t started in weeks, if he has at all. He had a good 1st half. And a good 2nd half. Smh
I know he had a good offensive game and Cal saw an opportunity to start him, Z has been good offensively and defensively. And has never started a single half.

What do you see here to say Bradshaws 1 good game deserves a start over Z?

Z 12pts, 9REBS, 1 assist, 1 steal and 2 blocks.

Bradshaw 15pts, 5 rebs, 1 assist and 1 TO.

I mean, he started Bradshaw in the second half because he loves his 5 Stars. Z should have been starting a long time ago. I don't see a change coming.
That's got to be one of the dumbest things you have posted and buddy that's a hard list to make. Bradshaw hasn't played 4 mins a game for 3 weeks
But he loves his 5 stars smh

• Haha
Reactions: BigTyrone
I know he had a good offensive game and Cal saw an opportunity to start him, Z has been good offensively and defensively. And has never started a single half.

What do you see here to say Bradshaws 1 good game deserves a start over Z?

He's had probably 2 good halves
He's also been awful just like Bradshaw has.

That's got to be one of the dumbest things you have posted and buddy that's a hard list to make. Bradshaw hasn't played 4 mins a game for 3 weeks
But he loves his 5 stars smh
Good God man, he had one good game out of how many? Z has been steady Eddie, even though he's only played 6 college games with 12 minutes or more. Which would you choose honestly?

If that's such a dumb statement why is Ugo and Edwards starting? More Importantly, why would Cal never use his starting lineup to close out any game this year?

Good God man, he had one good game out of how many? Z has been steady Eddie, even though he's only played 6 college games with 12 minutes or more. Which would you choose honestly?

If that's such a dumb statement why is Ugo and Edwards starting? More Importantly, why would Cal never use his starting lineup to close out any game this year?
I was talking about everything up to today. Bradshaw was awful but z was as well. Z hasn't been steady at all. Very inconsistent. Yes he is getting better, but to accuse the Coach of playing favorites because a kids d played his ass off in a half is flat out stupid

That should tell u it doesn't make a fk who is starting

I think you're on an island buddy. I don't know what you're drinking. But I think Z has had better than 2 good halves this year. National media and most of are fanbase with disagree with you.
I'm waiting for it?
Before today's game he had 2/3 good halves of basketball
U are acting as if he's Antonio Reeves scoring 25 every game

I think you're on an island buddy. I don't know what you're drinking. But I think Z has had better than 2 good halves this year. National media and most of are fanbase with disagree with you.
I love z, he's gonna be unreal good but he's been awful quite a bit , just like the other centers have

I love z, he's gonna be unreal good but he's been awful quite a bit , just like the other centers have
Never more than 21 mins in these.

Today:
Z 20 mins 12pts, 9REBS, 1 assist, 1 steal and 2 blocks. 0 TO

21 mins MISSst 2pts, 4 rebs, 1 steal and 3 blocks. 0 TO

20 mins Bama 18pts, 5 rebs, 4 blocks 1 TO.

Only games he's played more than 3 mins since Zags.
11 mins. 7pts, 3 rebs, 1 block and 1 TO.

Now that's lately in won't even dig up his breakout against GA. Oh why not, 16 mins. 13pts, 5 rebs, 2 assist, 3 blocks and 2 TOs in 1st ever major action.

His +- makes people advocating against him look stupid. But he'll the eye test does that. YOU DO REALIZE HE HAS HAD THE LEAST PLAY OF ALL 3. ONLY 5 GAMES OVER 12 MINS. Dude is the answer and if you can't see it I don't know what to tell you.

Forget about most blocks per mins, best FG%, 3 pt% and FT% of all 3 bigs.

For those that don't understand BB. You want to come out and jump on a team. Especially a bad 500 team at home. You want to take their soul early on and then just lean on them. Not put a lineup together that gives them hope and trades baskets. If you won't end with a team, don't put them out there to break a teams spirit.

I think that's why you see these losers hanging around building confidence early. Is Cal just this stupid?

Seriously people, you jump on teams, especially bad teams at home. You don't let teans build confidence. Arkansas sucks and is chaos. But they have good players and like all the SEC hate Kentucky.

You don't let them build confidence. This is not rocket science. PLEASE GOD MAKE IT STOP! CAL THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!
Season 18 Episode 22 GIF by The Simpsons

I agree with the other poster. If the starting lineup is supposedly the best lineup how come we never see it again n game?

I don't think anybody would say Bradshaw outplayed Z defensively at any point.

Didn't watch the first half did ya?
I don't think anybody would say Bradshaw outplayed Z defensively at any point.

Didn't watch the first half then? Bradshaw had 12 and 3 at half. Z had 2 and 3. As I said. It was Bradshaws first half and Z did 90% of his damage in the 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT