ADVERTISEMENT

I said I had a feeling Cal would add 1 more scholarship player.

Can we please delete this post. It’s a troll attempt not a real discussion. Tell me who Dukes 7-13 guys are please? Kindly disappear!
Yeah, if THAT'S what you're choosing to talk about during a game in which we're looking great then it's telling.

Reactions: floatingyou
Cal has it rough because he has to wait so long to see who's coming and going. We have ten top 50 4 and 5 star players on the roster, it's not as easy as you'd think to get another 2-3 guys who are high 3 or low 4 stars who have real opportunities to play a lot almost anywhere else to come here and sit on the bench. Yes you can argue for 1-2 guys from the state every year but you're denying them a lot of minutes at a place like WKU or Murray or even a lower tier SEC school. I think it's fine.

Why hasn’t he? Already down to 8 guys. People gave me crap for it. “ we have 10 starters someone said”. You can have up to 13. Why only have 10?

Well, Wildcats1st liked ur post, so you know it's bad. You don't just add people cause you think 4 or 5 will get hurt. In all honesty, if you can't see the point or what Cal does, its useless trying to explain it to you. By the end of the year, we will prolly have an 8 man rotation. So, why have 13?

It’s an exhibition game dummy. We look great. Great! But what if players keep getting injured for what could be a 40 game season? Use your brain

How often does that happen??? Knocking on wood right now of course. But really, how often do 4 or 5 guys get hurt enough to not come back?

Because no one wants to go to a school to potentially play 5 minutes a game. Having a ten deep team is a borderline miracle and there's a reason it almost never happens. Only a certain amount of minutes to go around.

Reactions: ganner918
You’re an idiot . What if we were to play with 7 scholarship players all year. How comfortable would you feel? Why not add 1-2 slightly less talented players that can give you depth and develop over 4 years? Dummy
18 posts in over 5 years. Why?

Well, Wildcats1st liked ur post, so you know it's bad. You don't just add people cause you think 4 or 5 will get hurt. In all honesty, if you can't see the point or what Cal does, its useless trying to explain it to you. By the end of the year, we will prolly have an 8 man rotation. So, why have 13?
I’m all about Calipari and how he runs his business. This is one area where I feel 11 guys would be the perfect number. We don’t need 13. 12 would be cool. But think we had 8 scholarship players available in the tourney. 3 were out. If we have 3 our, then we have 7. Guys get injured every year. What’s wrong with taking 1-2 high 3 or low 4 stars for depth and development?

Don’t people every year complain that we don’t have upper classmen? Well this is a good way to get slightly less talented players for depth. Think 2015 when we had 12... Willis and Hawkins

Because no one wants to go to a school to potentially play 5 minutes a game. Having a ten deep team is a borderline miracle and there's a reason it almost never happens. Only a certain amount of minutes to go around.
Plenty of kids would love the opportunity to play for Kentucky to get better, possibly win a championship, and actually be a solid roll player as an upper classmen

I remember in 2013 when after the nit loss Cal said he would never be in the position to have that little of depth again. Yeah I know in 2012 we had 9. But luckily we were healthy. You always hope for that. But the reality is players get injured. Since 2013 he’s had at least 11 scholarship players every year except this year. I love Cal. I just think one more player ( 3 or a 5) would be perfect

I highly doubt out of kids ranked 100-200, that you couldn’t find 1 to watch to come to Kentucky to develop. Why’d we have 11 last year? Or the year before? Or 12 in 2010 or 2015?

That's beside the point. These kids don't have a social media profile stating their intentions. You can't just pick out a kid that claims he would be okay with riding the bench for potentially his entire career and expect it to go that way. Many of the kids in the 100-200 range get plenty of D1 offers and actually play. What you're hoping for is Dominique Hawkins and Derek Willis to pop up every year. You're delusional to think that's extremely easy to find.

Reactions: awf
That's beside the point. These kids don't have a social media profile stating their intentions. You can't just pick out a kid that claims he would be okay with riding the bench for potentially his entire career and expect it to go that way. Many of the kids in the 100-200 range get plenty of D1 offers and actually play. What you're hoping for is Dominique Hawkins and Derek Willis to pop up every year. You're delusional to think that's extremely easy to find.
I hear what you’re saying. I do disagree. But we’ll just leave it at that

Why hasn’t he? Already down to 8 guys. People gave me crap for it. “ we have 10 starters someone said”. You can have up to 13. Why only have 10?

We don’t need them. Baker will be back, EJ was held out for a tight back.

How do you sign prospects with no scholarships technically available?

We don't matriculate a bunch seniors so if there us no ride cushion the works get all gummed up and we are left scrambling and eventually get caught breaking faith with someone.

This year we will have senior so one more guy wouldn't be terrible but I don't subscribe to tying up any scholarships on guys who aren't guys we intend to ever play because they aren't good enough because it is nice to have a little insurance.

Want to say add Maxey early? Sure.

You want add some guy that wouldn't start for Murray or EKU? It's straight gas face and hearty boos and hisses from me.

You want to bring in a guy that would start for them then maybe. Just maybe and remember you are probably sort of screwing that kid out of his opportunity.

There is also the issue of what happens when the creek doesn't rise.
If we have all ten healthy there could be some really challenges balancing the clock for them much less anytime for the practice bench.

10 or 11 guys of the talent level we bring in is a reasonable compromise that weighs all the factors as best as one can expect.

Absolutely. Maybe the same person

Get the hell outta here with this garbage. We’re 10 deep and we’re gonna get some players back.

LOL dude 10 ballers is enough when you have his son as well. If you have to worry about player 12 or 13 then you are in deep crap. Especially when EJ and Baker could be playing in this game if it was on Sept 9th instead of August 9th. Why had a scrub for no reason ? Silly.

It’s an exhibition game dummy. We look great. Great! But what if players keep getting injured for what could be a 40 game season? Use your brain

Go ahead call some more names out. It's tough

OP thinking the sky is falling in mid-August. EJ and Baker will both likely be fine when the games start to matter in November.

You’re an idiot . What if we were to play with 7 scholarship players all year. How comfortable would you feel? Why not add 1-2 slightly less talented players that can give you depth and develop over 4 years? Dummy

People still use "dummy" as an insult?

I thought that word died with Dick Van Dyke and other proponents of the word "swell."

You are pretty fast and loose with the insults for someone with the most stupid post of the night. You understand that Baker and Montgomery will be fine by the first real day of practice? You know that Lyles and WCS both skipped the Bahamas trip in 2014 then played all year? So, my question: are you this foolish or just terrible at trolling.

Go easy on him. He hasn't insulted anyone since before they froze his brain for scientific purposes back in the spring of '57.

He's been de-thawed thinking that Ike is still president, that the Big Bopper is still alive, and that the word "dummy" is a good way to incite anger.

Cal got ripped apart for not leaving a scholarship open for the kid who went to Tennessee in the middle of the season and gets ripped apart for not using all of his scholarships. I think some people just like to complain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT