ADVERTISEMENT

I remember when Stoops was hired ...

Not only his pedigree and championship defense that drove that team, he literally fell into our lap after mitch let butch davis lead him on. If stoops doesn't express interest in this job, talk about dark times. People around at the time remember he wasnt even on the radar and reached out to mitch.

That brings up another important issue about making a move - mitch made 3 football hires. Joker was awful. Rich brooks volunteered for the job after helping with the search that ended up empty. Stoops reached out after we were down to 0 prospects.

So hiring isnt exactly smooth under mitch. Two out of three ended up working out but both times he was recipient of good fortune.
I think you mean Butch Jones. Regardless of how he got coaches, get 2 out of 3 good hires is pretty good. Add in Erickson at Oregon State and as an AD, he’s made 3 pretty good hires in 4 opportunities. I’ll take those odds.

Mitch has some faults, but he’s been pretty damn good ss an AD who’s been around as long as him in hiring football coaches.

If you truly think we’ve been close to the second worst team in the SEC since Stoops has been here then you’re not even paying attention.
We’re 4th from the bottom only better than South Carolina, Arkansas, and Vandy in wins vs losses since Stoops has been here. Two of those teams may very well pass us up this year so that would put us next to last. And I’m counting the wins we had to vacate.

You consider that good? Maybe you should wake up.

I think you mean Butch Jones. Regardless of how he got coaches, get 2 out of 3 good hires is pretty good. Add in Erickson at Oregon State and as an AD, he’s made 3 pretty good hires in 4 opportunities. I’ll take those odds.

Mitch has some faults, but he’s been pretty damn good ss an AD who’s been around as long as him in hiring football coaches.

You are right. Wrong butch.

Mitch was much more shrewd early. Id argue the best value decision he made at uk was letting guy Morris walk when Baylor over valued him.

Cant agree on his hires here. Two of the three turned out good but they both came to him. Thats like a salesperson picking up the phone and taking an order. It technically counts on paper but they added nothing.

Still surprising to think Mitch survived hiring billy g and joker back to back. He must be quite the workplace politician. Or workplace magician.

No coach wants to coach at Ky is a dumb statement you throw the money at most any coach and they would coach here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT