ADVERTISEMENT

I realize our offense played like CRAP, but WHY are we STILL giving up 3rd and long plays on defense???!!!!!!

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
After we heard ALL Summer long that it would be a point of emphasis to get off the field on 3rd downs!!!!!!

It's the SAME FREAKIN PLAYS nearly EVERY time that kill us too. Either a Wheel route OR a Comeback route underneath!!! And the receiver isn't just slightly open, they are WIDE FREAKIN OPEN!!!!

I am SICK of hearing the excuses after losses from White AND Stoops about breakdowns when this has been a HUGE problem for the past 3 seasons!!!!

Last edited:
After we heard ALL Summer long that it would be a point of emphasis to get off the field on 3rd downs!!!!!!

It's the SAME FREAKIN PLAYS nearly EVERY time that kill us too. Either a Wheel route OR a Comeback route underneath!!! And the receiver isn't just slightly open, they are WIDE FREKIN OPEN!!!!

I am SICK of hearing the excuses after losses from White AND Stoops about breakdowns when this has been a HUGE problem from the past 3 seasons!!!!
Poor coaching and defensive play calling. The talent is there, coaches aren't putting them in position to succeed or teaching them how to.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
With all the talent stoops has, it blows my mind why he doesn't attack more! It seem he is perfectly content to sit in soft zone and read/react time and again! I've come to hate this 3 man front, simply because we don't create pressure like SEC teams do.

2 things that have bugged stoops for several years, pass rush and pass protection! It never improves, so I'm guessing it's a philosophy/ system thing!

Stop the run, and run the ball appears to be his philosophy.
The problem with that is football has changed so much the past 5 years, it appears that those principles don't win like it used to.

It's the SAME FREAKIN PLAYS nearly EVERY time that kill us too. Either a Wheel route OR a Comeback route underneath!!! And the receiver isn't just slightly open, they are WIDE FREAKIN OPEN!!!!

I am SICK of hearing the excuses after losses from White AND Stoops about breakdowns when this has been a HUGE problem from the past 3 seasons!!!!
He hasn't developed pass rushers! 3-4 man rush doesn't create enough pressure consistently. Wr have time to stretch the field, leaving big hole in the secondary. Most SEC QB/Wr will connect given 5-6 seconds!

With big walker ECT they should be able to consistently bring pressure with 4 man rush, but no. The only time we get pressure is with a second level player blitzing!

Reactions: catben
With all the talent stoops has, it blows my mind why he doesn't attack more! It seem he is perfectly content to sit in soft zone and read/react time and again! I've come to hate this 3 man front, simply because we don't create pressure like SEC teams do.

2 things that have bugged stoops for several years, pass rush and pass protection! It never improves, so I'm guessing it's a philosophy/ system thing!

Stop the run, and run the ball appears to be his philosophy.
The problem with that is football has changed so much the past 5 years, it appears that those principles don't win like it used to.
EXACTLY!!!

One thing I asked my friend that sits at the game with me today was WHEN do we EVER get a hand on the ball to knock down a pass when it is a good throw from the QB????!!!! Now when the QB makes an errant throw we will intercept it or knock it down, but RARELY do we play a receiver close enough to knock it down on a tight pass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT