ADVERTISEMENT

I love Coach Stoops

Love Coach too and hope he feels UK is his home and the place to make his mark. You know, eventually, some bigger programs are going to make tempting offers. For some reason, I think he really enjoys being in the SEC and being part of a program on the rise. Think he likes Lexington too, who wouldn't?

Love Coach too and hope he feels UK is his home and the place to make his mark. You know, eventually, some bigger programs are going to make tempting offers. For some reason, I think he really enjoys being in the SEC and being part of a program on the rise. Think he likes Lexington too, who wouldn't?

Almost every coach thats been here claim they love Lexington. I dont know if it's coach speak or not. Although i suppose if you didnt like a place, you just wouldn't comment. And yah I think he likes being a program on the rise. Being close to home too. And the job is not a pressure cooker.

Reactions: CGblue and ORCAT
Almost every coach thats been here claim they love Lexington. I dont know if it's coach speak or not. Although i suppose if you didnt like a place, you just wouldn't comment. And yah I think he likes being a program on the rise. Being close to home too. And the job is not a pressure cooker.

I live in Lexington and love it here. Lexington has received all kinds of accolades nationally as a great city to live in. So, I don't think it's all coach speak, it is a fantastic city.

Reactions: Girthang
I'll never understand a UK that doesn't like stoops. Are we winning SEC titles? No. Are we consistently better than at any time in my adult life? Yes. Do we consistently beat peer teams (USC, MSU, Mizzou, etc)? Yes.

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't aspire for MORE, but damn, it's nice that we now expect to win games like today even when everything isn't going our way.

Ever since his dumb ass went for two vs. Northwestern, Stoops grew a B1G Conference-sized vajayjay.

Reactions: jnewc2
I'll never understand a UK that doesn't like stoops. Are we winning SEC titles? No. Are we consistently better than at any time in my adult life? Yes. Do we consistently beat peer teams (USC, MSU, Mizzou, etc)? Yes.

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't aspire for MORE, but damn, it's nice that we now expect to win games like today even when everything isn't going our way.
I think the older posters appreciate him more. Younger fans for the most part don't realize just how bad Kentucky Football has been over the years. On top of that, it seemed as if the program was "snakebit" for the longest time with some really disastrous things happening during games that were not common occurrences. If anyone had told me during the '60's and '70's that UK would win three consecutive bowl games I would have thought they were on drugs.

I like what he’s done for UK defensively but I’m not all in because of his ultra conservative style especially on offense. He has recruited very well, especially on both sides of the line but he lacks the balls it takes to take us beyond where we are now and in 8 years he still can’t manage the clock worth a shit. Team today was an undisciplined mess and he should have been embarrassed by that crap.

I love him too but can we send him to Camp Saban for a year. That seems to really help coaches. Imagine how much better he would be after a season at Camp Saban.

Every time I see yet another stupid undisciplined penalty or post play "look at me" antic by a UK player I always think about Bama and how you do not see that from their players and "if" in that 1 in Million time you did what Saban would have done to that player. In Stoops 8 years here he just let's this Shit go on and on.

Doesn't play favorites. Screamed at Big Dog all day as bad as he did Gran.

To see one of the many reasons for loving Coach Stoops, you need to re-watch the video of the game. Go to the 3:30 mark and listen to those announcers rave about how the infrastructure of the UK football team is so strong, saying that we now have a chance to be really special. One announcer stated that the ceiling for this football program is 'incredibility high'. Did any of us ever, ever think we would hear that?

To sum this up, Thank You, Coach Stoops. You have taken and are taking this program to a level that most of us had never dreamed possible.

Ever since his dumb ass went for two vs. Northwestern, Stoops grew a B1G Conference-sized vajayjay.

Kentucky is 23-14 since that game. I start to wonder if some people just do not like winning with their comments on this board.

Not mention the fact that we had no business even being in that game with Benny out and the way that team was. Getting 2-3 yards in one play was much more likely than pulling it off in overtime.

Just relax and be happy for the direction the program is heading or be a fan of someone who doesn’t lose ever if you want to be so negative.

And has gone 3-0 in all bowls since!

Exactly. He did the right thing. No Benny Snell (bullshit call and cost us the game more than likely). With some fans, he just can't please them, if he kicked the extra point, they would have said "grow a set, should have went for 2 and the win instead of playing for the tie and another OT." So unless he won the game, there was no pleasing them the idiot part of the fan base. Against NW he knew without Benny Snell he had to go for the win instead of forcing another OT.
5 straight bowl game appearances and winning the last 3 (against #13 Penn State / Virginia Tech / and #23 NC State. And in all 3 wins, UK was forced to play a team ranked higher up than them.

2016 - Lost to a 9-4 Georgia Tech team that came in with a 3 game winning streak, beating #14 (10-4) Virginia Tech(who lost to Clemson by 7 in the ACC Championship game), Virginia, then closed out their year beating Georgia. So Georgia Tech was a really tough game, plus the wishbone offense to defend.

2017 - Lost by 1 point to a 10-3 #20th ranked Northwestern team. NW came into the game having won their last 7 games and was playing as well as anyone.. Their only losses was at Duke, @ #10 Wisconsin and against #4 Penn State. So having a 7-5 UK team play a 9-3 Big Ten school was not really a evenly matched game. Factor in losing our stud RB and to still only lose by 1 missing a 2 point attempt was pretty damn good.

2018 - Beat a 9-3 Penn State team that was very good and battled tested. That Penn State team only lost by 1 to #4 Ohio State, who ended up 14-1 and ranked #3 in the final poll. Penn States only other 2 losses was to Michigan State and @ #5 Michigan.

2019 - Beat a 8-4 Virginia Tech team that was very talented, and did so with a WR playing QB.

2020 - Beat a #23 ranked (8-3) NC State team that came into the game having won 4 in a row. NC State had wins over @ #24 Pitt, beat previously #21 ranked Liberty (their only loss) Liberty would go on to beat #6 Coastal Carolina team that had just beat #8 BYU, and finish 10-1. NC State's only 3 losses on the season came against ranked teams, @ #20 Virginia Tech, @ #14 UNC, and #11 Miami by 3.

So lets take a look at Stoops bowl games vs the competition shall we ?

2016 - UK (7-5) vs Georgia Tech (9-4). Our best win was vs #11 UL in a rivalry game, lost to a Southern Miss. team at home, that was 6-6 on the year (4-4 Sunbelt). Definitely played up in competition.

2017 - UK (7-5) vs NW (10-3 #20). Our best win was @ 8-4 South Carolina. That NW team was very good, losing Benny only made it tougher. To only lose by 1 playing for the win was a damn good effort, proud of the team. Most definitely played up in competition.

2018 - UK (9-3 #16) vs Penn State (9-3 #13). Best team under Stoops. had wins @ #25 Florida, #14 Miss State, and most importantly crushed our rival UL 56-10. Our 3 losses was against @ (8-4) A&M, #6 Georgia (11-1), @ UT (5-7), UGH that one hurt, one of our best team in years and lose to a bad 5-7 UT team. One can say this bowl game was fairly evenly matched, but I will say we played up in competition, Penn State was ranked higher and favored. Their 3 losses where "better" losses than ours. (5-7 UT). Our best win (10-2) UF.

2019 - UK (7-5) vs Virginia Tech (8-4) we only had one decent win (it was a big one for fans), beating the resurging UL (7-5), like a drum. We definitely played up in competition, even if we had a reg. QB. One of Stoops best jobs coaching, very, very, proud of the team, no quit in them. Lynn MF'n Bowden.

2020 - UK (4-6) vs NC State (8-3). Everyone knows all the issues for this year. I know a lot of people was saying NC State sucks, but look what they did in the reg. season, we played up in competition simply based on quality wins.

So, Stoops had to rebuild a sunk ship from scratch, OH, and do so in the toughest conference in America. In doing so, he has had to deal with not having a healthy QB one year, tons of injuries in others. he has plodded along, year after year, not complaining or making excuses. All he has done is make UK a team that everybody ahs to respect, made us competitive, and even pull off the big upset. Has took UK to 5 straight bowls, playing up in competition in every single one of them (stacked deck), And has went 3-2, most importantly, winning the last 3. he runs a very clean program with overall, very good kids.

I am very proud to say Coach mark Stoops is the coach at UK, too bad some of you will not know what you got, until he is gone. Show me any other 5 year period where UK has been better ? I will wait,,, and wait.

Doesn't play favorites. Screamed at Big Dog all day as bad as he did Gran.

Which is alarming for a guy who supposedly doesn't mettle with the offense. Hoping Coen is an alpha dog keeps him in his lane on game day.

Every time I see yet another stupid undisciplined penalty or post play "look at me" antic by a UK player I always think about Bama and how you do not see that from their players and "if" in that 1 in Million time you did what Saban would have done to that player. In Stoops 8 years here he just let's this Shit go on and on.
Kentucky ranked right dead in the middle of college football of penalties per game this year at 5.9. They were just slightly ahead of Alabama who averaged 6.0. Doesn't break it down by type of penalty but penalties in general are the litmus test right? Not sure how much Alabama football you watch but they aren't very good at player control either, but they definitely get a lot more leeway than UK does when it comes to the post play activity/penalties.

Reactions: cathouse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT