ADVERTISEMENT

I like

I understand we need Chief's and I hate Cal. But our problem is we cannot keep the Braves.
We can't keep anybody. But Cal and his outdated systems require top shelf players to work. Our players have to be more talented, tougher and more polished than the guys we are playing.
I wish I was wrong, but we have seen what happens when Cal puts average Joe's out on the court, it doesn't end well.

Reactions: KYCAT78
I just thought it was a good addition, going by what was out there, nobody said anything about playing good for one game. Ole Miss always has good players that you don't hear much about. If he was good enough to be there, he can play here.
I like Burks and Hart as recruits. I think those disappointed because they don’t think Burks and Hart are impact players next season are missing the fact that no likely impact player was going to be brought in to compete against the OAD freshmen. Nevertheless, Burks and Hart both have attributes that give them potential to develop into good college players as upperclassmen.

Reactions: katwest and thedahc
I like Burks and Hart as recruits. I think those disappointed because they don’t think Burks and Hart are impact players next season are missing the fact that no likely impact player was going to be brought in to compete against the OAD freshmen. Nevertheless, Burks and Hart both have attributes that give them potential to develop into good college players as upperclassmen.
Nah, Cal put very little effort into the real talented guys that were in the portal. He waited on Livingston and Oscar, then didn't put enough effort into Reeves until the 11th hour.

Getting good players to come in here should never be an issue.

Hart and Burks are fine players, but Cal needed to get some experience to go with these freshmen. Instead, he added two more freshmen and they probably aren't going to play much this year, then they'll transfer out next year. Heck, even Lance Ware couldn't take it anymore.

Nah, Cal put very little effort into the real talented guys that were in the portal. He waited on Livingston and Oscar, then didn't put enough effort into Reeves until the 11th hour.

Getting good players to come in here should never be an issue.

Hart and Burks are fine players, but Cal needed to get some experience to go with these freshmen. Instead, he added two more freshmen and they probably aren't going to play much this year, then they'll transfer out next year. Heck, even Lance Ware couldn't take it anymore.
Not sure what you're disagreeing with from my post, Jeff. But I would agree that if you're going to recruit guys like Burks and Hart to try to develop a solid base and continuity it's imperative that you not lose them to the portal after the first year.

Not sure what you're disagreeing with from my post, Jeff. But I would agree that if you're going to recruit guys like Burks and Hart to try to develop a solid base and continuity it's imperative that you not lose them to the portal after the first year.
This is what I was disagreeing with:

"think those disappointed because they don’t think Burks and Hart are impact players next season are missing the fact that no likely impact player was going to be brought in to compete against the OAD freshmen.".

Cal could have landed some really good players out of the portal, he just refused to.put in any effirt, it was like he felt.like he didn't need anyone.

Also, there aren't very many players that stick around for more than 1 year, especially lately. Cal doesn’t do much developing, he damn near has a completely new roster every year. He wants ready made players and those that aren't good enough, pick splinters until they leave

This is what I was disagreeing with:

"think those disappointed because they don’t think Burks and Hart are impact players next season are missing the fact that no likely impact player was going to be brought in to compete against the OAD freshmen.".

Cal could have landed some really good players out of the portal, he just refused to.put in any effirt, it was like he felt.like he didn't need anyone.

Also, there aren't very many players that stick around for more than 1 year, especially lately. Cal doesn’t do much developing, he damn near has a completely new roster every year. He wants ready made players and those that aren't good enough, pick splinters until they leave
I didn't suggest that UK couldn't have landed some really good players out of the portal. In fact, I advocated hard for UK to do so. I said those players were not going to be brought in.

The word will get out Kentucky wants a big. Then one will appear. Probably a couple especially after seeing we may have something special. Phone will be ringing off the hook. We get the perfect guy. I can see it now. It just falls into place. Come on guys. Cal is that guy. The one you love to hate.

C
LOL, Burks is Brandon Miller y'all.

OMFG. Come on man. Damn, we have some gullible people in this fanbase.

Somto is ranked 45th in his class, that’s not good.

Cal could go 9-25 this year and some of you guys would STILL buy the bullshit. When will you learn?
Come on Jeff no way we go 9-24 this year 10-23 maybe

LOL, Burks is Brandon Miller y'all.

OMFG. Come on man. Damn, we have some gullible people in this fanbase.

Somto is ranked 45th in his class, that’s not good.

Cal could go 9-25 this year and some of you guys would STILL buy the bullshit. When will you learn?
Will you let me count these 4 Canada wins toward your 9 win total?

I think.he will be incredible in a year or two, but to bring him in to start in Cal's system, he needs to be top shelf. Cal leans heavily on point guards and centers, those two positions need to be elite under Cal. Is Somto going to be elite?

Don’t get me wrong, the guy has size and power, but it doesn’t look.like he has a whole lot of skill.

Who knows, maybe Welch can pull a rabbit out if his hat and polish a hidden gem.
He leans heavy on guards and centers because he normally can’t recruit top 10 3s and 4s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT