ADVERTISEMENT

I hope we bring back the clawing wildcat

RunninRichie

All-American
Sep 5, 2019
That logo was pure badass. Louisville brought back their dunking cardinal and modernized it. Updated the shoes, added pupils, and fixed the colors to match their current red. No reason why we can’t do the same to the clawing cat. Update the UK logo, colors, add some more to the logo. UK basketball has been awful since 2009 in terms of branding and uniforms. Save for 2009-2015. It’s been awful since 2016.

Yeah. We’ll see if Nike hops on the opportunity to rebrand and rack in sells.

Idk why they got so generic with our brand since the 2010s
They’ve only started doing throwbacks since 2 years ago. Meanwhile, UNC, Duke, and other blue bloods. Especially Kansas get a new throwback uniform or fauxback every year. Duke wears a modernized version of their 2001 uniforms. UNC busts out the jordan era uniforms every once in a while. Not to mention they don’t change their logos either.

So many great uniforms nike could make for us. 1978, 1992, 1982, 1996 denim and regular season, 1994 tiger stripe, 1997. The list goes on and on. Our court is an embarrassment too.

They’ve only started doing throwbacks since 2 years ago. Meanwhile, UNC, Duke, and other blue bloods. Especially Kansas get a new throwback uniform or fauxback every year. Duke wears a modernized version of their 2001 uniforms. UNC busts out the jordan era uniforms every once in a while. Not to mention they don’t change their logos either.

So many great uniforms nike could make for us. 1978, 1992, 1982, 1996 denim and regular season, 1994 tiger stripe, 1997. The list goes on and on. Our court is an embarrassment too.
I’m assuming it’s bc they wanted to get away from the converse branding initially……. But they own converse now so bring it alllllll the way back.

This trend of replacing fun and charming mascot logos with a letter has been a pet peeve of mine with sports marketing in general, and we’ve been especially hard hit given that our letter logo doesn’t even look very much different than a few others like Houston and Buffalo. I would love to see one of the retro wildcats make a comeback.

This trend of replacing fun and charming mascot logos with a letter has been a pet peeve of mine with sports marketing in general, and we’ve been especially hard hit given that our letter logo doesn’t even look very much different than a few others like Houston and Buffalo. I would love to see one of the retro wildcats make a comeback.
Yeah. The 80s and 90s NBA logos are far superior to the modern ones as well.

w
UNC needs to get back to its Ram head logo too.

That new logo has to be one of the very worst in the whole country. Would love to know the human beings that is responsible for that terrible job. It destroys the look of the football jersey's. Need to bring the old logo back exactly like it was and tell the freaky people to just go if they don't like it.
The new logo is amazing. You shut your trash mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Anything but the Joe B Hall era narrow UK that looks like it’s the cover of a Western country album

Whoever has been in charge of Kentucky's branding for the past while has completely mailed it in. UK got the stock generic treatment. I don't love the secondary wildcat logo, but it's at least different. The 'UK' is painfully boring.

Take the secondary wildcat logo, flip it so the teeth are on the other side. Then merge that with the old Power K. Kinda like the Power K with teeth.

Why stop there? I’ve already submitted a police report.
haha I know I'm in the extreme minority. But I really do love the new logo. I don't pine for the good old days of sports fashion. We had a penis cat logo for decades. It's time for yall to move on.

Reactions: LordEgg
Put the bottle down, hydrate and take a nap. When u wake up you won’t remember these stupid comments you just typed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT