ADVERTISEMENT

I guess no change on our O-line coach ?

It’ll be interesting to see . “Supposedly “ Coen was instrumental in bringing Yenser here in the first place . I’m wondering if he is still as high on him after seeing some of this past seasons tape .
Could be the problem lays at the feet of the previous OC, scheme instead of execution. Far be it from me to determine that.

Last edited:
Not worried about Yenser. I think the OL was showing improvement at the end of the year. At the very least, he has roots here in Kentucky. I would imagine he's invested into dramatically improving things. Also, with him being a native Kentuckian, perhaps it's less likely he'd leave for another job?

I think O line coach decision will be entirely up to Coen.
That makes a lot of sense. It would not be particularly unusual if choosing his own assistant coaches was a talking point in his discussions with Stoops. Looking at the situation now, Coen probably approved the Boulware hire too.

Could be the problem lays at the feet of the previous OC, scheme instead of execution. Far be from me to determine that.
I’m with you. There was so much wrong with our oline performance, it was hard to tell if it was personnel, technique, or scheme . Combination of all 3 ? On paper our talent was pretty good ,however we did have a couple guys maybe playing positions they weren’t the best suited for. Yenser doesn’t exactly have a glowing resume so I’ve been kinda skeptical. But if he’s who Coen wants he must have a reason.

The decision should be up to Coen now. If Coen wants Yenser back, then Yenser will be back. The Oline did not get the job done this year, but I can see both sides of it. It was probably not the right scheme for the personnel. The receivers did not always block well. Levis sometimes held the ball too long. Cox and Horsey were moved around. I would probably feel better with a different Oline coach, but we need to keep an open mind now that Coen has accepted coordinator responsibilities.

No hint of it
Yeah, that really surprises me. Thought he would be the first to go. The bad play may have had more to do with offensive scheme not suiting the personnel than units coaches ability to coach them. Or something else completely out of my understanding of the game.

Still have signing day, portal, and a bowl game and practice. Still don't have a coordinator, not sure our running back coach will be on campus then. We need coaches and bodies for a couple more weeks.

Can’t fire all your offensive assistants in the same year. Guess that buys him another year even though it’s obvious he’s in over his head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT