ADVERTISEMENT

i dont care how much crap i get for this...

We need some good news. It sucks how negative things have been lately for our program
The mindboggling aspect of this is that Calipari is about to take his third team since the 9-16 team onto the court, and it looks like he hasn't learned his lesson at all.

I mean, if my boss said I had three years to straighten up my act, otherwise I'm gone, I'm probably getting the job done in less than a year.

Calipari still hasn't rectified anything. From a roster perspective, we look as incompetent now as we did then.

The mindboggling aspect of this is that Calipari is about to take his third team since the 9-16 team onto the court, and it looks like he hasn't learned his lesson at all.

I mean, if my boss said I had three years to straighten up my act, otherwise I'm gone, I'm probably getting the job done in less than a year.

Calipari still hasn't rectified anything. From a roster perspective, we look as incompetent now as we did then.
Problem is Cal thinks he has more power then Mitch and I feel Mitch thinks Cal has more power with the President that nothing will happen. We have a lame duck AD when it comes to men’s basketball.

Problem is Cal thinks he has more power then Mitch and I feel Mitch thinks Cal has more power with the President that nothing will happen. We have a lame duck AD when it comes to men’s basketball.
Fire them both. Cal's incompetence regarding the portal has been quite evident. I've never seen anything remotely close to this level of negligence.

any one in the "real" world that has to work and justify themselves to their employer would.
yet this clown does nothing and cares about nothing
in the real world, he would have been canned numerous times with the results he has produced

Reeves played almost 28 minutes a game last season and jacked up 15 shots against KSU. Not sure how much more per game he can expect to play next season. With 4 solid to good guards no one should have to play 35 a game.

Reeves played almost 28 minutes a game last season and jacked up 15 shots against KSU. Not sure how much more per game he can expect to play next season. With 4 solid to good guards no one should have to play 35 a game.
Reeves sees the writing on the wall that the fans see...Wagner/Dillingham/Edwards/Sheppard are all going to be competition for playing time. He wants the guarantee...and we all know Calipari prefers the FR. If Reeves thought that coming back to Lexington was a good option, he would be here already. Below average performance in the G-League tryouts...no invite to the combine...not in any mock drafts. It would seem to me that coming back to UK for another run would be the best choice for him. But, for the reasons I just stated, I suspect he doesn't think so.

I fully understand it and am frustrated as hell.

We have a solid core for next season - though young. There will be good (not great) players in the portal. There are three potential returnees that would add a ton to our young roster. Make no mistake, the FR will be expected to carry a lot for next year's team. And we all know how that goes.

That's the "bad news"? Isn't that true for every college player?
That’s what people were acting like it was bad news. it’s bad because Kentucky won’t give him more money or promise him more money, and won’t guarantee him a role

Last edited:
Reactions: track42
UK can open up the vault on the NIL for Reeves. $250,000 sounds fair. Calipari's kids spend that much on new purses and vacations every year.

Start Reeves over Dillingham. Problem solved.
I agree, caliparis has to get over this not guaranteeing money shit, the early 2010s where players came here for the prestige of Kentucky is over

If Reeves wants more money, pay the man.

And let him know he will play starter minutes, not necessarily that he will get a starting spot. As long as he gets the minutes, what should it matter?

I don’t see any way that he comes back and doesn’t play starter minutes on this team.

If Reeves wants more money, pay the man.

And let him know he will play starter minutes, not necessarily that he will get a starting spot. As long as he gets the minutes, what should it matter?

I don’t see any way that he comes back and doesn’t play starter minutes on this team.
It has to be about getting higher money because he sees our 7 man roster and knows he would get tons of playing time.

The difference is your job like most of ours probably is dependent on you performing.

Once Cal got the lifetime contract there is almost nothing he can do to lose it. And if they want to get rid of him he gets a huge lump sum payment.

Mitch could tell him he needs to do this and that and Cal could laugh if he really wanted to.

UK can open up the vault on the NIL for Reeves. $250,000 sounds fair. Calipari's kids spend that much on new purses and vacations every year.

Start Reeves over Dillingham. Problem solved.
$250k isn't enough if other teams are trying to get him from UK. Dickinson was guaranteed 2M. I've heard every player at Indiana is promised 150K. Wouldn't be surprised that if this is a real thing he's being offered closer to 1M than 250K. The caveat is that he has to graduate in July, because he didn't graduate in May and didn't enter his name in the portal before the cutoff period.

It has to be about getting higher money because he sees our 7 man roster and knows he would get tons of playing time.
Tons of playing time with DJ, Dillingham, and Edwards? All are head and shoulders better than what we had last year when he was a partial starter.

• Haha
Reactions: track42
Yeah and these other schools clearly aren’t doing that? You clearly don’t know how NIL works either, the collective crap is just a cover up, these schools and coaches are guaranteeing kids money up front
Lol ok , it would be helpful if ya learn about what you're talking about with all the crying you do on here. Google is your friend

i

Lol ok , it would be helpful if ya learn about what you're talking about with all the crying you do on here. Google is your friend
Same to you, your acting like any of these schools follow the rules. And you and these others. And a question do you believe any of these other schools coaches aren’t promising money to front? And your last sentence is funny because it’s the same point made by 4 of y’all on here when 90 percent of the damn board is upset

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT