ADVERTISEMENT

I bleed blue and have loved UK Basketball all my life

gamalielkid

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2002
Wouldn't miss a basketball game for any reason.......then covid hit............and Coach Stoops has the football team rolling. Now, I rarely watch UK basketball - I read everything about the football team, recruiting, transfers, coaches leaving and coaches coming. Keeping track of potential bowl games and potential recruits and transfers for football. The only basketball recruits I follow and have an interest in are those from the state of Kentucky.

Loved what Coach Cal DID for UK - but as badly as I wanted him to come in 2010 - I'm now ready for him to retire. No need to bash Cal - he came here when we needed him and he delivered some great teams. But, we need Pitino style of play again - not Tubby, not Eddie but Pitino style. That was Rupp's style updated - loved Coach Rupp and he led me to UK. I feel for those UK fans that haven't gotten into football - the hurt of basketball is no longer any issue with me! Thanks to our football program and hoping Coach Coen can bring back the fun and gun style of the Mumme days on offense and Stoops keeps our defense top notch! My dream is to see UK play in Atlanta for the SEC title and/or make the football playoffs. We have 8 basketball titles - I would like to see us claim a football title outright - hopefully I will see that before I leave this earth. Clock is ticking - be 73 soon...................

Go Big Blue

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.