ADVERTISEMENT

I’m no sunshine pumper

It’s pretty pathetic watching a bunch of folks who are, in all likelihood, fat nobodies soaking up disability checks and spending their days in a recliner complain that a group of 19-year-olds, who perform in front of 20,000 people twice a week and whose every movement is scrutinized by millions, aren’t playing up to their expectations.

Pond scum, the lot of them. I wish somebody who watched this board more than me would take the time to catalogue every trash loser that reveals their character during a down year so that we can remind them to eat sewage when they show up looking to bask in the program’s success next season.

It’d be one thing if the players looked like they were trying. It’s the lack of effort that is driving most of us mad.

I personally don’t get upset with our players for anything except lack of effort. For the Tubby and BCG years I was just upset with coaching and recruiting. Not the players, those guys always seemed to try.

And for nearly every year Cal has fielded teams of guys that try. But not this year.

Why should we unconditionally support and love a team that doesn’t appear to give a rat’s arse for UK? Why would unconditionally love and support a woman who acted like she didn’t want anything to do with you?

It doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: wromanp7
Far too many people who wrap their self worth and enjoyment of life up in something they have absolutely no control.

Bingo.

I used to be this way.

Then I became an adult and lost loved ones to suicide, health issues and an OD in the same year. That made kids throwing a ball through a hoop not seem so important and I've never forgotten that. Yes, I might get a little upset over a down year, but I refuse to let it affect me for days or to the point I cry like a toddler on a message board.

Also stating the team is not playing at an acceptable level does not broad brush indicate too much emotion

Simply put, the team is a train wreck. Hopefully they turn it around or at least hopefully we get a lot of returnees next year. Calling these points out and not just saying “rah rah team, go sports” is not necessarily a bad thing. There are expectations here

Also stating the team is not playing at an acceptable level does not broad brush indicate too much emotion

Simply put, the team is a train wreck. Hopefully they turn it around or at least hopefully we get a lot of returnees next year. Calling these points out and not just saying “rah rah team, go sports” is not necessarily a bad thing. There are expectations here
As there should be. And let there be no doubt this year has been a shit sandwich so far. But the year isn’t over and that’s why they play the games.

Reactions: TheBigBlueSpectacle
but this board sucks...
Damn most of you pushies suck the life out of the sport.

No excuse for the team?

What’s your excuse as a “fan?”

Grow up.
DSC_0168.jpg

To much of this on my mind I guess...........................

It’d be one thing if the players looked like they were trying. It’s the lack of effort that is driving most of us mad.

I personally don’t get upset with our players for anything except lack of effort. For the Tubby and BCG years I was just upset with coaching and recruiting. Not the players, those guys always seemed to try.

And for nearly every year Cal has fielded teams of guys that try. But not this year.

Why should we unconditionally support and love a team that doesn’t appear to give a rat’s arse for UK? Why would unconditionally love and support a woman who acted like she didn’t want anything to do with you?

It doesn’t make sense.
The players played hard last night. A lack of execution is not a lack of character.

But, they are playing to the expecations of any logical person. No one that honestly knows anything about the sport expected this team to be a serious contender. Sure, we all hoped they might, but realisticly it was never likely to happen. We always knew we lacked an elite pg or an elite bigman.
Both guards we have were lower rated than we had typically had previously under Cal except for Ulis, who didn't run the team until year 2 and was obviosuly underrated based on size. Richards and SKJ were both expected to be projects that are very raw. The only player we had that was suppose to be elite was Knox and he's been up and down all year.
They are also incredibly young and it shows in all the close games thy can't close out. Give them a year and a lot of those close games probably go our way.

It’s pretty pathetic watching a bunch of folks who are, in all likelihood, fat nobodies soaking up disability checks and spending their days in a recliner complain that a group of 19-year-olds, who perform in front of 20,000 people twice a week and whose every movement is scrutinized by millions, aren’t playing up to their expectations.

Pond scum, the lot of them. I wish somebody who watched this board more than me would take the time to catalogue every trash loser that reveals their character during a down year so that we can remind them to eat sewage when they show up looking to bask in the program’s success next season.
You have been around awhile and you know that is not even close to true when it comes to the general make-up of the regulars on this board

I thought we were going to win last night's game right up until Diallo's 3 REFUSED to go in the basket. I knew then we were going to lose...

Yeah we've got relatively small percentage of posters who go off the deep end. And a decent percentage of those who are trolls. But we've also got a small percentage of posters who react to that, not by calling out said posters, but by yelling at clouds, painting with a double wide roller and talking about eating sewage.

Reactions: UK_fan_41102
Judging from this board bbn is a front runner who likes winning, there is not a worse fan base in college when it comes to turning on the entire program

I have an unbelievable amount of posters on ignore and there’s still a crazy amount of stupid stuff littering the first page, I think maybe 30% of this board support all aspects of the program

It seems like some of you are making personal assumptions about fellow fans that aren't happy with a four game losing streak. We're here because we're fans and like discussing UK basketball. Now, you can be all holier than thou, but other's are talking about what's going on with this team.

It seems like some of you are making personal assumptions about fellow fans that aren't happy with a four game losing streak. We're here because we're fans and like discussing UK basketball. Now, you can be all holier than thou, but other's are talking about what's going on with this team.
Talk about the team, the circumstances, etc... but calling for Cal’s job is stupid. That’s who I’m talking to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT