ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Dickinson is an ass

I will give him this- he sounds like he's trying to endear himself to Kansas fans, and we all know Kansas fans are a bunch of fragile and jealous people. So he's insulting Michigan people to make them feel better about themselves. And he's an egocentric jerk, no surprise there. He clearly thinks very highly of himself. Kansas fans will eat it up. Michigan fans will hate him for it, and I think media members are overblowing these comments. But there will be more to come.

I will give him this- he sounds like he's trying to endear himself to Kansas fans, and we all know Kansas fans are a bunch of fragile and jealous people. So he's insulting Michigan people to make them feel better about themselves. And he's an egocentric jerk, no surprise there. He clearly thinks very highly of himself. Kansas fans will eat it up. Michigan fans will hate him for it, and I think media members are overblowing these comments. But there will be more to come.

I get that. But you can definitely frame that without pooping on other people. He ass.

Nah I heard from a Michigan source he was a problem particularly with the younger players. Not well liked
They weren't exactly clamoring to get him back that's for sure.

He's an arrogant ass. When he gave that answer about his family in Paducah, you could hear the disdain in his voice.

I hope beyond hope he is a locker room disease in Lawrence.

He’s really doing everything to be seen as a true Kansas basketball player.

I hear he’s even dating women so he has someone to punch so he’s seen as an authentic Bill Self player.
I’m glad I read some of your posts about Kansas. I had no idea about some of the stuff Self has let go on.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
That’s like the nicest comment I could expect from an article claiming to diss his old school for real.
This. I was expecting much worse. All he said was, essentially, “the people in Kansas are nicer than the people in Michigan but the people in Michigan are still nice.”

If that gets you riled up and offended, well then you’re alive during the right time.

Bill Self will still find a way to figure it out. He always has at KU. A 4 seed has been his worst season at KU. And he has won the B12 all but one season (why I'm not real high on Scott Drew if Cal retires). I wish we had that kind of consistency.

This. I was expecting much worse. All he said was, essentially, “the people in Kansas are nicer than the people in Michigan but the people in Michigan are still nice.”

If that gets you riled up and offended, well then you’re alive during the right time.
I think as always with people like him it’s how he says something. I read that with Hunter Dickinson tone and was like “Yeah, ass”.

Remember, sometime you have to read between the lines a bit with his type.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Bill Self will still find a way to figure it out. He always has at KU. A 4 seed has been his worst season at KU. And he has won the B12 all but one season (why I'm not real high on Scott Drew if Cal retires). I wish we had that kind of consistency.

Let's not kiss his butt too much. The man has had as much ref protection as K had. Up until recently there's been no one else of merit in that league. Sure, in the past few seasons Baylor, Texas, and OK or OSU have been decent (with a sprinkling of KSU) but for the most part they've not had a lot of challenge. And not to mention he's cheated his hind end off. (KU is still technically waiting for NCAA rulings on major infractions).

We would have taken him in a heartbeat... and still would if he wanted to come. Don't kid yourselves.

Let's not kiss his butt too much. The man has had as much ref protection as K had. Up until recently there's been no one else of merit in that league. Sure, in the past few seasons Baylor, Texas, and OK or OSU have been decent (with a sprinkling of KSU) but for the most part they've not had a lot of challenge. And not to mention he's cheated his hind end off. (KU is still technically waiting for NCAA rulings on major infractions).
I’m not saying Self is a saint but he finds a way to keep winning. The B12 was the best conference in college basketball last year and they still won the regular season and went to the B12 tournament championship game.

Cal got to beat up on a weak SEC when he first got here too. It only recently got good. And once the SEC got good, we went downhill.

They weren't exactly clamoring to get him back that's for sure.

He's an arrogant ass. When he gave that answer about his family in Paducah, you could hear the disdain in his voice.

I hope beyond hope he is a locker room disease in Lawrence.
What was the quote? Didn't know he had family in Paducah

That’s the problem with message boards. Most posters wanted him here. Now not so much

What was the quote? Didn't know he had family in Paducah
I can't remember. it was some interview with some podcast back in April/May when rumors of him coming here were flying about. They were like cousins or something so it wasn't like direct family, but he said something to the effect of "we won't talk about them..." and it wasn't in the kindest tone. Knew then he had NO intention of coming here.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT