ADVERTISEMENT

Humor Me, Let’s Say…

TheExhaustedOne

Sophomore
Jan 24, 2020
Above You
Let’s say over the next 5 games Bradshaw plays more and more and we continue to get worse and worse and we go 1-4. At this point it’ll be clear the team plays much better without a big man, even Bradshaws talent is clearly great.

My question is, and I’m sure I know the answer, would Cal actually bench Bradshaw for the betterment of the team and season or would he just keep doing the same thing because it’s best for Bradshaw’s stock?

We’ve all said Cal puts players draft stock over UK’s success but this year might be a clear case of having to pick one or the other.

• Haha
Reactions: cathouse
The way I see it. If we don’t play as well because Bradshaw is playing. Even if, Bradshaw himself is playing pretty well, then the answer isn’t to bench him. The answer is to figure out how to play like we were before with him. And that is Cal’s job. That’s what he has to do. He gets paid millions. To figure this stuff out.

We saw what he did with Boston
Yea I know but atleast there we didn’t know if we’d be any better without Boston.

That’s what makes this situation different than any other. We know that this team without a center is good enough to make a final four for sure and possibly win a title. So Cal would intentionally be sabotaging the season if he kept putting Bradshaw out there and we kept playing bad and losing.

The news is out. Play five out against us and take us to the rim. We haven’t shown we can stop anyone with anybody other than DJ. If we can’t stay in front of our man or if Cal can’t find a defense scheme that will help, we are gonna struggle.

The way I see it. If we don’t play as well because Bradshaw is playing. Even if, Bradshaw himself is playing pretty well, then the answer isn’t to bench him. The answer is to figure out how to play like we were before with him. And that is Cal’s job. That’s what he has to do. He gets paid millions. To figure this stuff out.
I agree. Bradshaw is a lotto level talent. With the ability to play in the midrange and even out to the 3pt line. Problem is we know Cal won’t let him play that way. Or if he does allow it, it will be in the last 2 weeks of the season after wasting all year trying to force a square peg in a round hole like he did with Skal and Sarr.

Bradshaw isn't a post up back to the basket kind of player. Neither is Z. And if Cal tries to ram a square peg into a round hole and squander the talent this year.......I'm might lose it.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Let’s say over the next 5 games Bradshaw plays more and more and we continue to get worse and worse and we go 1-4. At this point it’ll be clear the team plays much better without a big man, even Bradshaws talent is clearly great.

My question is, and I’m sure I know the answer, would Cal actually bench Bradshaw for the betterment of the team and season or would he just keep doing the same thing because it’s best for Bradshaw’s stock?

We’ve all said Cal puts players draft stock over UK’s success but this year might be a clear case of having to pick one or the other.
It already happened...Shadeon Sharp.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Good lord, Bradshaw had zero to do with today. He played 13 minutes lol. Players tried to force stuff and went off on their own when shots weren’t falling, we played terrible Defense. Nothing to do with Cal or Bradshaw. Guys didn’t execute

Reactions: grevey35
Bradshaw was not the reason we lost this game
He went +11. He was a void because of an inability to utilize his height. Not once did I see his feet leave the floor for a rebound, 2-3 times I saw where he didn't even attempt one. He may still be hurt or not wanting to get reinjured. Putting him in clogged the offense. But we need to see what we have with him in live action.

Bradshaw was not the reason we lost this game
He had NOTHING to do with todays outcome. Anybody that says he did, didn't watch the game. He looked rusty and tenative the few minutes He played. Even so He blocken a shot and altered 2 more

He went +11. He was a void because of an inability to utilize his height. Not once did I see his feet leave the floor for a rebound, 2-3 times I saw where he didn't even attempt one. He may still be hurt or not wanting to get reinjured. Putting him in clogged the offense. But we need to see what we have with him in live action.
You onow plus 11 is a good thing right? He also jad 3 rebounds and a blocked. He was only in 13 minutes

Who is "we've all"? The CHC? Of course they say that. Cal plays who he thinks will help us win. Period. He makes no promises to nay player and never have. You have never heard that from even one player that promises were made to him. Even the players that left disgruntled have never said it was because of broken promises.

We are not beholden Klutch as the CHC likes to claim.

If Bradshaw is not helping us win then he will sit. But we are going to win. Go ahead and get your whines in now and spew your hatred because it's going to be a while before you can again.

Except even in wins the CHC will find something to whine about. They still whine about Evansville even though that team went on the win the SEC by 3 games. But they just have to whine.

Losing yesterday was a bad loss. It wasn't on Bradshaw though. It was a team loss. There's blame for everyone. The coaching staff and the players. However bad it was we move on. But with just one game a week the CHC can wallow in it for a whole week. They have to be loving that.

We can't afford to play without a true center. Offense isn't this teams problem at all, it's defense and rebounding. We keep getting out rebounded and the guards can't keep anyone in front of them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT