ADVERTISEMENT

Hoya's Mutombo passes

SmyrnaCatFan

Sophomore
Nov 9, 2012

Dikembe Mutombo has passed away from brain cancer. I really didn't follow him in the NBA but I remember him playing for Georgetown. His finger wagging deep bass laugh in the various TV commercials endeared him to many people. Seems he did much charity work in his native Republic of the Congo. Rest In Peace big man.​

GIF by NBA

Reactions: will1976

Dikembe Mutombo has passed away from brain cancer. I really didn't follow him in the NBA but I remember him playing for Georgetown. His finger wagging deep bass laugh in the various TV commercials endeared him to many people. Seems he did much charity work in his native Republic of the Congo. Rest In Peace big man.​

Sad news; I really liked him.
The basketball world has lost at least 3 big men in the last year that I know of. Eric Montross, Bill Walton & now Dikembe Mutombo. All 3 were really good guys. Seems like if it wasn't for bad news there would be no news.

Reactions: ukfan1622

That’s really sad. 58 is too young to go. He seemed like a genuinely nice man who was gonna use his celebrity and fortune for the best causes in his native land. RIP big man. One of the GOATS of the big men.

Weird flex on my post,, but ok..

RIP Dikembe, this one really shocked me to see. Feels like it wasn't that long ago he was still blocking shots in the league.

Mt. Mutombo was one of the good guys. He helped thousands of people with his charities, and he provided MJ with one of the most iconic moments of his career.

I have a feeling this guy was a real one and is now with Christ. He ascended the only mountain that really matters.

Great player but even a better person!! I know it isn't true, but it feels like the good die young.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT