ADVERTISEMENT

How toxic does the water in BBN become if the Cats lose to UofL on Saturday and drop to 1-6?

Myth Buster51

Freshman
Apr 19, 2011
Hinterland
Since at least 1983, the three unforgivable sins for the UK basketball program have been pretty unambiguous:
Rule 1: NEVER have a losing season
Rule 2: Don't lose to Louisville
Rule 3: Make the NCAA tournament and don't lose in the first round

If the Cats lose on Saturday, there's a damn good chance Calipari's team pulls the hat trick this season - and if it isn't already well underway, a small mob will start calling for Calipari's job [regardless of the buyout that prohibits any such move].

How crappy is it going to get on this board if the Cats lose on Saturday? Thinking of investing all my 401k into Beam Suntory, Inc. before the run starts at the liquor stores?

Last edited:
The distaste with Cal has already hit a fever pitch with everything he’s said this year and the 1-5 record. Losing to Louisville wouldn’t help but at this point most of us expect it, which is sad.

But as far as things getting worse? Meh. You’ll just keep seeing more of the same: replace Cal. Which I am board with. And the more he talks the more I, and I’m sure many more, feel validated.

IF UK loses to UofL? The Calipari fan boys will need to find one of these to hunker down in...
iu

And the Mods will be busy...
iu

Because it will make Chernobyl look like a birthday cake.

I've been saying it for 3 weeks. All these dudes that have been telling me (and others) that I'm whining, will be awfully quiet if we lose this game.

I don't think we'll lose, but it is certainly possible. Losing to Richmond, ND, unc and KU is bad, but to most of our fanbase, losing to Louisville is 10 times worse.

I've been saying it for 3 weeks. All these dudes that have been telling me (and others) that I'm whining, will be awfully quiet if we lose this game.

I don't think we'll lose, but it is certainly possible. Losing to Richmond, ND, unc and KU is bad, but to most of our fanbase, losing to Louisville is 10 times worse.

I don't think we lose either but it doesn't really change anything. Cal knows this game will take some heat off and he always makes sure this game is circled for obvious reasons.

Reactions: UKNC89
This year doesnt look good, I give you that.
I think the sides have been drawn for quite a while. If we lose, it will another week of new posts from the same ones that have been complaining off and on for a few years. They get louder and more creative as the losses come but it is still the same old thing from the same old people. I will stick with this team and Coach . Just 4 months ago we were heading to the NCAA and had a good chance to win it, as we do about every year.

I have the Kittens winning by 10 in Old Red's game. Is UofL really THAT bad? I haven't watched them so I don't know. Are our Kittens really THIS bad?

Those are the two unknowns for me right now. A loss will be an ATOMIC DISASTER for Kentucky right now, but a win will still leave questions, but at least it will slow the bleeding.

UK needs this win BAD!

I expect them to lose badly. It’s the just way the season is headed. Throw in the inner turmoil and it could be ugly. I will gladly eat my words for a win. Other than IU, Louisville is the team that I despise the most.

Reactions: anon_q409idbs5m40a
I said we'd lose to ND and UNC.. but I think we win this game. UofL isn't coached all that well in my eyes, and they don't have the talent. And I think our team, despite the losses, is growing. This is why the Louisville game is usually a success.. because it's late December. When Kentucky has had a chance to grow. You put this game where the Championship Classic is, and I can tell you.. we don't have the 9-2 record, or whatever it is under Cal.

I said we'd lose to ND and UNC.. but I think we win this game. UofL isn't coached all that well in my eyes, and they don't have the talent. And I think our team, despite the losses, is growing. This is why the Louisville game is usually a success.. because it's late December. When Kentucky has had a chance to grow. You put this game where the Championship Classic is, and I can tell you.. we don't have the 9-2 record, or whatever it is under Cal.

If he said what he said to me as a coach I can tell you for 100% he would absolutely not redeem himself on my team.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I don't think we lose either but it doesn't really change anything. Cal knows this game will take some heat off and he always makes sure this game is circled for obvious reasons.
Well, he's handed the "non-negotiable" tasks off to his players, he might as well hand the bench coaching duties over to them too.

It would be a huge slap in the face after making fun of Chris Mack for being chicken to even play us

Reactions: STL_Cat
Since at least 1983, the three unforgivable sins for the UK basketball program have been pretty unambiguous:
Rule 1: NEVER have a losing season
Rule 2: Don't lose to Louisville
Rule 3: Make the NCAA tournament and don't lose in the first round

If the Cats lose on Saturday, there's a damn good chance Calipari's team pulls the hat trick this season - and if it isn't already well underway, a small mob will start calling for Calipari's job [regardless of the buyout that prohibits any such move].

How crappy is it going to get on this board if the Cats lose on Saturday? Thinking of investing all my 401k into Beam Suntory, Inc. before the run starts at the liquor stores?
At this point I think it will stay the same. Same people will hate Cal , same people will worship Cal , vast majority will be like me (somewhere in the middle) .

What’s the line on this game?

Expecting a Cat win, however a win over UL does not a season make.

Is there anyone, on here at least, who is on the fence about how they feel?

I suppose I'm asking that rhetorically, but as I type, I'm thinking maybe not.

Is there anyone out there reading this who's mind would change "camps" based on Saturday?

Is there anyone, on here at least, who is on the fence about how they feel?

I suppose I'm asking that rhetorically, but as I type, I'm thinking maybe not.

Is there anyone out there reading this who's mind would change "camps" based on Saturday?
I’m very much in the middle of this. I’m in the camp of “I want to keep Cal but he’s got to adapt” but him saying that he won’t change has me thinking “Okay, prove it still works.” His first 6 years (with the obvious exception of the 2013 NIT year) were fun to watch. But there has been a downward trend the last 5 years that people can’t ignore. I feel like if we can’t win this game, we have very little chance of turning it around in the SEC.

Reactions: CB3UK
I have the Kittens winning by 10 in Old Red's game. Is UofL really THAT bad? I haven't watched them so I don't know. Are our Kittens really THIS bad?

Those are the two unknowns for me right now. A loss will be an ATOMIC DISASTER for Kentucky right now, but a win will still leave questions, but at least it will slow the bleeding.

UK needs this win BAD!
Was discussing this with my wife a little bit ago. Been thinking this for a few weeks now, just haven’t posted on it. Anyway, I think the biggest problem with this team is that they have no identity, zero. They have no clue what they are.

Take Sarr for instance. He had a great game against ND. I’m not sure exactly what his numbers were, but he had an exceptional game. Fast forward to the next game (against the cheats) and he doesn’t even attempt ONE shot. That is just totally absurd and unacceptable.

Have no idea who the go to guy or who our PG is. So far, Askew, Mintz and Clarke have all tried at PG, to no avail. This has to be fixed and fast. At this point, I have no idea who the best option is.

Of course, the go to guy is a mystery at this point. Nobody has been consistent enough to take on the responsibility. Boston has been awful, Brooks hasn’t played in a game all season and then you have guys like Clarke, Sarr and Mintz that have been woefully inconsistent. Again, no real identity.

Bad and even worse if UK loses the all time win total.
Yep, this is an even bigger ticking time bomb than the things the 0P mentioned.

“Winningest program in CBB history“ has long been our virtual calling card. If we lose the right to make that claim (and now appears there’s a real chance it could happen this season), the BBN is gonna be SO pissed at Cal.

Last edited:
Clarke is out. Brooks is still hiding.

We lose this game by 5+ points. That's my guess.

We still can't shoot. We still can't defend penetration. We still can't handle the ball.

Someone said we're "more talented." What indication, based on the product on hand, has show you that we're more talented than anyone we've played?

We're a paper tiger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT