ADVERTISEMENT

How many games will the Reds lose in 2023?

How many games will the Reds lose in 2023?

• Total voters
Interesting thread.

In all fairness, 5 months ago I had no hope for the Reds or UK bball: looks like I'm dumbest person on this board lol... and happy about it.

82-80

Reds come up short and won't be going to the postseason but it was a much better season than many could have ever predicted after losing 100 games. 2024 should be a fun season if everyone is healthy. Joey Votto tossed early from most likely his final MLB game. Reds would be crazy to pick up the $20 million option while still on the hook for Griffey in 2024 and the $4 million buyout on Moustakas.

At least the Reds have a nice young core of talent to build around going forward with Steer, McLain, Benson, India, Friedl, Marte, EDLC, Fraley, Stephenson & CES. India, Lodolo, McLain, Antone & Fraley will need to heal this offseason along with Ashcraft who had a good 2nd half before the season ending injury. India gutted it out dealing with plantar fasciitis and Fraley with a fractured toe significantly limited his abilities down the stretch.

Greene & Lodolo need to stay healthy and prove to be consistent. Reds could still use an ace/veteran innings eater ahead of them. Williamson was much better than I had anticipated him being. Conor Phillips needs some more seasoning at AAA before rejoining the rotation. Andrew Abbott was a stopper for much of the season but like many of the Reds rookies, reached the point of fatigue pitching well beyond the appropriate number of innings that a rookie should have out of necessity to injuries all season long to the rotation. Bullpen needs multiple arms in front of Diaz and were worked hard this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_Dee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT