ADVERTISEMENT

How many coaches has UK had during your fandom?

FurdTerguson

Sophomore
Jan 9, 2009
I was alive during Rupp's last years but knew nothing about college basketball yet, so for me Pope makes seven.

Surprisingly, this new guy makes seven for U of L in that time. I would have guessed like 10

It’s five for me. I am a transplant from Virginia. Was a shy kid and wasn’t even into college basketball until my first girlfriend brought me to see Pitino’s Bombinos take down Shaq and Chris Jackson in Rupp. Instant lifelong fan from then on.

Reactions: paulcalhoun
Sutton, Pitino, Tubby, BCG, Cal, Pope. Born in 81, 43 years old.

I didn’t really know much about Sutton because I was pretty young, just enough for my parents to tell me we got punished bad by the NCAA under him. I remember my parents getting very excited about Pitino and so I did too. Wow, what a ride. Of course, having won in 96 and 98, it seemed like I’d experience multiple titles when I got to college in 99.

Took until I was 31, and freshly hired at UK.

Now at 43 I’m hoping I can get one more title in before I hit 50.

I was alive during Rupp's last years but knew nothing about college basketball yet, so for me Pope makes seven.

Surprisingly, this new guy makes seven for U of L in that time. I would have guessed like 10
Same here for me. Was alive in Rupp's last years. Don't remember much at that time. Have been a fan since Joe B. Hall. Remember watching the 1978 team in the UKIT. Was a big Kyle Macy fan.

Reactions: paulcalhoun

I’m going on 6 since I was born. Hall could count, but he was at the end of his tenure pretty much. So Sutton, Pitino, Tubby, Drunkard, Cal, Pope.

Same here. Pitino years I was under 10 years old so memories aren’t as clear pre 96
Same here at 36 years old. Good enough to witness 3 titles and an average of 1 title every 12 years. I think many on this board including myself would take a title every 12 years

I can remember the end of Sutton, but I didn't really comprehend college basketball until Pitino. I knew by how dad was acting and talking at the start of Pitino that it was something special. I remember Rex, but everything started clicking with the Unforgettables.

I was born when Rupp had three years left so I don’t remember him
So Joe B - Pope for me, 7 coaches

I remember the Texas Westen UK championship game.
Started listening watching with my dad a few years before that.
Guess I'm older than dirt lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT