ADVERTISEMENT

How good will this team be?

I really hope the roster isn't finished and we add one more big, a space eater. If so I like the team, without as long as Bradshaw's I jury doesn't linger or any other bs I'm still excited. However, if we add no more bigs and Bradshaw is out longterm I worry about Ugonna trying to hold things down.

We have a chance, but we really need a healthy Bradshaw and another big. A big with experience would be great but would be happy with baby Shaq. With Bradshaw if he plays and comes back and tweaks that foot it will be a constant worry if shutting him down. Too be successful we need our top Freshman to be special. At least 3 of them like a Fox/Monk/Bam. Plus we will need a surprise or two. Like Burks being a poor man's SGA. But good enough to really contribute.

It's mostly there but where we sit we need a lot of things to go right to really compete for a FF. I'm hopeful, I like all the guys interviews but the last few years have made me a little gun shy. I mean it's the last covid year I think so in a season where they will meet teams in their 20s, some 23, 25 we have 7 Freshman, 2 unproven Sophomores including Ugonna who was a reclass last year and 2 vets. Just one more vet and I would be thrilled. One more talented bruiser if a big. I just worry Ugonna will get pushed around.

Reactions: Philstat
They will definitely be a good team. Not sure, but I hope they can become an excellent one.

Really unproven. 22-9. 21-10 type year.
3rd or 4th in the Sec. Top 25 team that will make it to the sweet 16 as their ceiling.
Got talent but they will be playing against grown men.

We re gonna drop early games. Probably at least one that will seriously hurt our seeding. The problem is we’ve seen duke with top 5 guys after top 5 guys who couldn’t keep up with the physical direction of the game at the college level. We don’t have the experience to excel. I think we can be good and win some big regular season games but we’re also gonna drop several we shouldn’t. We ll finish in the top 4 of the SEC. If we are a 5 seed or lower we don’t make it out of the first weekend. I have zero faith in cal he’s gonna have to earn it back. I don’t care about whos on the roster going forward all I care about is if we get back to winning and being in the thick of it every year. I think predicting a title for a freshman laden team is ridiculously over the top. College basketball is a man’s game.

Of course this all changes if we land a grad transfer in august. I felt good about that a week ago but now idk.

Idk, but it’s definitely propaganda season. The addition of Reeves and Mitchell have me convinced this team is solidly into the NCAA tournament, which is hardly a given anymore. I’ll say they enter the tournament anywhere from a 3-6 seed. Hard to see a scenario in which they don’t underachieve though considering how bad it’s been.

Two 5 year players in the top 7. Promising young players and some have had years of experience playing together. 2 have fathers who played pro ball.

This is some measure of their talent. One of the 2 most lightly regarded players led the youth league he played in in scoring. The other of 2 was ranked 28th in the country at his position. That doesn't sound overwhelming but there are hundreds of DIV-1 teams. He could have been the top incoming player at literally hundreds of schools. One of the habits of sports fans is to imagine that there's an overwhelming gap in athletic ability among DIV-1 players and that gap can be fractionalized by scouts. (There isn't and they can't.)

I believe this team is more comparable to 2017 than they are 2018. I’m thinking sweet 16-Elite 8 with the potential to make it farther if we come together and the freshman live up to their height. So many of our “fans” on here forget we haven’t had multiple top ten talent since 2017. We have 4 this year and we return Reeves who is seasoned and experienced. This team has potential, we just have to realize it.

I predict 5-8 losses and a 2-3 seed come tourney time.

We dont have a clue. The teams we all thought sucked, went to the title game or final four. The teams, like last year, that we all thought were going to be amazing, went down the tubes.

We wont know till mid-December......but its fun to guess.

We re gonna drop early games. Probably at least one that will seriously hurt our seeding. The problem is we’ve seen duke with top 5 guys after top 5 guys who couldn’t keep up with the physical direction of the game at the college level. We don’t have the experience to excel. I think we can be good and win some big regular season games but we’re also gonna drop several we shouldn’t. We ll finish in the top 4 of the SEC. If we are a 5 seed or lower we don’t make it out of the first weekend. I have zero faith in cal he’s gonna have to earn it back. I don’t care about whos on the roster going forward all I care about is if we get back to winning and being in the thick of it every year. I think predicting a title for a freshman laden team is ridiculously over the top. College basketball is a man’s game.

Of course this all changes if we land a grad transfer in august. I felt good about that a week ago but now idk.
And Cal never cares about these early losses. Yet seeding matters and we see every year how much an early loss hurts UK's seeding.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Really unproven. 22-9. 21-10 type year.
3rd or 4th in the Sec. Top 25 team that will make it to the sweet 16 as their ceiling.
Got talent but they will be playing against grown men.
Several future NBA players on this team. There’s a reason why these grown men you speak of our still playing college basketball at 23 years old. Give me the talent any day and let’s roll.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Several future NBA players on this team. There’s a reason why these grown men you speak of our still playing college basketball at 23 years old. Give me the talent any day and let’s roll.
Young talent galore. We'll see what happens. Hopefully we don't get eaten alive in the paint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT