ADVERTISEMENT

How good is Ivisic?

I’ve seen multiple people say he’s a NBA pro in time. Everything from the lottery to a 2nd rounder. That means he’s real good.
Haven’t seen one report stating the opposite.
He’s obviously got skills and is super fast for his size. The no look passing, ability to want to spot up for a 3 and step through show he’s a student of the game.
I’m very optimistic watching his shooting form and ability to dribble up the floor. Young. Was not impressed with his post up game. Has some timing and good hands. Strength will help. Speed and stride outstanding.

Outstanding addition. Probably low maintenance guy as well.

Gave me a Sam Bowie in HS vibe.

Last edited:
There's some good write-ups by anonymous pro scouts I think on KSR or somewhere. Don't go overboard on him. He is challenged physically, they say he will be pushed around in the SEC, his motor is in question sometimes energic other times not, they see him as a potential second round pick, but also say he definitely talented and could with work be productive.

So, I wouldn't assume he is even going to be a starter but a good substitute more like a Lance Ware with a potential much better upside, shooting skills, and improve as the year and his experience grows. Hopefully he gets to Kentucky soon and they put in him an intensive weight training program for strength. That seems as the biggest concern.

Reactions: westerncat
There's some good write-ups by anonymous pro scouts I think on KSR or somewhere. Don't go overboard on him. He is challenged physically, they say he will be pushed around in the SEC, his motor is in question sometimes energic other times not, they see him as a potential second round pick, but also say he definitely talented and could with work be productive.

So, I wouldn't assume he is even going to be a starter but a good substitute more like a Lance Ware with a potential much better upside, shooting skills, and improve as the year and his experience grows. Hopefully he gets to Kentucky soon and they put in him an intensive weight training program for strength. That seems as the biggest concern.
LOL he is 20x better then Lance Ware. He will be the 3rd best big on the team YET he will be a 1st round pick . a 7'2 guy with an NBA body and shots 3s and blocks the crap out of the ball. Lance Ware couldn't make the NBA draft if he played another 10 years in college and I loved Ware's heart . Not sure where you got he was challenged physically as that's one of the big things he has going for him - he isn't a typical string bean . For being 7'2 he has decent bulk on him . The only knock I have read on him is he is turnover prone .

LOL he is 20x better then Lance Ware. He will be the 3rd best big on the team YET he will be a 1st round pick . a 7'2 guy with an NBA body and shots 3s and blocks the crap out of the ball. Lance Ware couldn't make the NBA draft if he played another 10 years in college and I loved Ware's heart . Not sure where you got he was challenged physically as that's one of the big things he has going for him - he isn't a typical string bean . For being 7'2 he has decent bulk on him . The only knock I have read on him is he is turnover prone .
I think it's funny people act like he is gonna get pushed around in college, he played in the pro league in Serbia for 2 years lol, that is a crazy rough league and playing envoirnment!

Based on the scouting reports, it will depend on his commitment to playing within a system and getting more disciplined. These being the only things standing in the way of a big payday for him later on. If he can or choses to do this, it will benefit UK greatly next season. Would be a significant addition.

i say he will be more than lance ware from day one,lance could only do one thing and thats be physical but he was a liability on the offensive end and he couldn’t block a shot if he had to.

Speaking of Smooth As Butter….

I suppose we won’t know what to expect from Ivisic until our resident expert evaluator, Smooth, chimes in with a declaration that Ivisic will be all SEC.

I think you could make a case that he might be Ivisic and he’s just been practicing his English here as he’s grown up. I mean he started this thread and it is the least over the top post he’s ever made. Smooth you Croatian?

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
He is as smooth as Croatian Goat butter.

goat learn GIF

Just hope the competition where he comes from was much better than those teams we played in Canada. From his film he has abilities that can't be taught, 7'2", abilities of a smaller player, but the film doesn't look like organized basketball here in the states. There will be a learning curve but with his abilities if he has a good work ethic and is willing to learn he will be of great value to this team. Hopefully he will mesh with the players.

I’ve seen multiple people say he’s a NBA pro in time. Everything from the lottery to a 2nd rounder. That means he’s real good.
Haven’t seen one report stating the opposite.
He’s obviously got skills and is super fast for his size. The no look passing, ability to want to spot up for a 3 and step through show he’s a student of the game.
I’m very optimistic watching his shooting form and ability to dribble up the floor. Young. Was not impressed with his post up game. Has some timing and good hands. Strength will help. Speed and stride outstanding.

Outstanding addition. Probably low maintenance guy as well.

Gave me a Sam Bowie in HS vibe.
If he’s as good as Sam Bowie, I’ll be pleased.

If he's being looked at as a 2nd round pick.. I'd say he should be pretty decent at the college level. We may see it this year, it may be next year. The hope is that we don't just see glimpses of it this year, only to have him go to the NBA before we get to really utilize him. Because the NBA is enamored by two things right now.. big centers, and european talent. 5 years ago, they didn't care about either. But Jokic and Giannis are changing that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT