ADVERTISEMENT

How does this look? (ESPN update)

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/96/class/2017

PLAYER POS LOCATION HT WT STARS GRADE SCHOOL

Nick Richards

Video | Scouts Report

#5 C Queens, NY
The Patrick School 6'11'' 250 95
i

KentuckyCommitted

P.J. Washington

Video | Scouts Report

#2 PF Las Vegas, NV
Findlay College Prep 6'8'' 225 94
i

KentuckyCommitted

Quade Green

Video | Scouts Report

#3 PG Philadelphia, PA
Neumann-Goretti High School 6'1'' 170 92
i

KentuckyCommitted
11/19/2016

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

Video | Scouts Report

#10 PG Chattanooga, TN
Hamilton Heights Christian Academy 6'5'' 185 88
i

KentuckyCommitted
11/14/2016

I thought it was more hilarious when they had predicted Quade to Syracuse.

I wish i copied it. Maybe they still have it there.

i think there is a chance albeit a small chance that Cal thinks there is something to the super team lead by Green. He can say all he wants about changing his philosophy and i believe he may have to quote him "tweaked it a bit" but in years past he was willing to tell to a lot of good even great kids he wouldn't accept their commitment for fear of missing on his top guy. Young has long been his #1 guy, there has to be a reason he was willing to chance that for Green. Knox, Diallo, and Bamba are reason to chance it. Now, just for a second, let's pretend it happened. Cal trots out his dream of 5 freshman that win it all and maybe go undefeated. Green, Diallo, Knox, Bamba/Washington, Richards/Bamba with SKJ, Hump, Alexander, Wynard, and a few more recruits coming. Dream a little dream

247 has UK at #1 currently, didn't see if we were before Quade Green or not but, right where we should be :sunglasses:

Pretty good . 4 down 4 more to go. With 9 scholarships available most likely we are half way home . If I am betting money I say we close with Bamba, Young,Vanderbilt ( our next commit) and one from the group of Diallo,KNox and a grad transfer.
Fill in remaining slots with YMCA or church league players and we still win the SEC. That's already a great class.

If UK added only Knox and surrounded him with JUCOs and grad transfers this spring, I'd be happy at this point (although I think UK lands two more top 15 guys in the spring, possibly three). Knox is the key, IMO, to starting a small forward trend at UK. Look at Cal's positional output in the NBA. It might be playing a factor on the recruiting , when one considers Duke promotes Parker, Ingram, Deng, Winslow, and Tatum and KU promotes Wiggins, Jackson, and Oubre:

C - Cousins, Towns, Noel, WCS, Dorsey (Memphis), Kanter = 6 guys
PF - Davis, Randle, Skal, Jones, Patterson, Lyles = 6 guys
SF - MKG = 1 guy
SG - Evans (Memphis), Murray, Booker, Aa. Harrison, Liggins, Young, Goodwin = 7 guys
PG - Rose (Memphis), Ulis, Wall, Bledsoe, An. Harrison, Knight = 6 guys

Cal has 26 guys in the league, and one small forward (now that Shawne Williams and Chris Douglas-Roberts are out). I think the trend changes with Knox. Landing Green last night was a huge component to establishing an inroad there.

It looks like a Masterpiece is in the works.
Still 9 of the top 22 players are uncommitted.

Scary to think about UK landing 3 or 4 of them isn't it?

Could be the greatest class of all time in the works.

Vanderbilt and Bamba with the rst will be a sick class - with possibly Gabriel and SKJ along with briscoe coming back - bad ass team
That would make me very happy, but one thing you mentioned...Briscoe WILL NOT be back next year.

He nearly didn't come back this year.

Briscoe won't come back. We actually need the kid to have a good enough season to get drafted in the first round. I know we all loved bringing back talent for as long as they were willing to stay, but with the way elite recruits look at that now, times have changed. It is now considered a bad thing if you have one of the best juniors in college basketball.

I see ESPN has our class currently ranked 5th overall and 2nd in the SEC. How can you have 3 five stars and a 4 at this point and be 5th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT