ADVERTISEMENT

How Cute And Generous U6 Is...Yard Sale

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
To it's fans...hundreds& hundreds lined up outside the Pizza Pit today for a yard sale to purchase dirt cheap school apparel that couldn't be sold :scream::scream::joy::joy:[banana]:boxing::boxing::cool2::flush:[cheers]wonder if they also sold $1 beer

They must've sold booze. That's the only way you'll get a bunch of U6 fans to show up to anything.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/38231271/yard-sale-at-cardinal-stadium-draws-hundreds-of-u-of-l-fans

16802470_G.jpeg

I've NEVER heard of a school doing this before. Not saying it hasn't happened, but it sounds like a bad joke, imo.

My God. Now that shows how pathetic that school is. Could you imagine if UK held a yard sale and sold game used shoes and Jerseys for 1 and 2 dollars? Lol, thousands would show up and it would be sold out by the 4th person in line. Only a couple hundred show up and they don't even sell anything.

Can't believe they still stick to the lie that they're the most profitable. I can't believe the media allowed them to push it for so long.

Reactions: KingsoftheBluegrass
UofL has been doing this sale for more than 10 years. It was originally done as part of the spring football game festivities. It has become so popular that it is now a stand alone event. Many cool and inexpensive sports items for the kid cave and man cave.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kentucky31
Wonder if they had any wife beaters in a 5X? Cause these two porkers here are gonna need it.

DdkQcxJW4AITDnd.jpg

I went when UK did something like this several years ago. Not sure if they still do it. I didn't buy much, I wasn't really in the market for size 18 basketball shoes. It was fun to just walk around and look at the stuff though.

I'm all for making fun of UL whenever possible, but I actually think something like this is pretty cool in this era of athletic departments pricing out regular fans.

UofL has been doing this sale for more than 10 years. It was originally done as part of the spring football game festivities. It has become so popular that it is now a stand alone event. Many cool and inexpensive sports items for the kid cave and man cave.

I go to U of L (well, went. I just graduated) and this is true. I've never been and bought merch from it, but it's true.

This year, it wasn't set up optimally to handle the crowd they had. It was set to start at 9, and many people got there early, so they actually opened early, but it didn't help matters. When people arrived later and saw such long lines, some of them just turned back and left.

I know this from several posts on Facebook by classmates. I wasn't there... I'm not even in the USA right now, haha. I'm in Vienna!

Reactions: Kentucky31
I can guarantee you that they didn’t have a single item that was “cool”.

Good for them!!!
UofL <=== [laughing] gets rid of a bunch of junk they couldn't sell during the athletic seasons...but can now sell this junk and use the money from these sales to Pay Tommy J (AKA Hog Head) his $$$...and UofL <===[laughing] fans can get UofL <===[laughing] S###[poop]...I mean stuff that they can treasure forever! That's a Win Win...Freakin' GENIUS! Nice job UofL <===[laughing]...Nice job! :clap:[thumb2]

Any of those hooker outfits from their Dance Team :mad: they look like Ladies of the Evening what do they call them the Stripper Byrds

It was the only way to get rid of those 13 champiionship t shirts.
The admin at lewisvile did not want to donate them to charity.

ADVERTISEMENT