ADVERTISEMENT

How close are we to legitimately competing for big time success in football

BillyJoeCat-fan

All-SEC
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2002
Lewisburg, KY
After watching the games today, ours vs Iowa, then the 1 and a half of the CFP games, there looks like huge disparity in talent. I love all things UK - from baseball, basketball, football, volleyball and on and on. As much fun as tailgaiting at football games is for regular season games is, I can just imagine the electricity of being involved in all the fan fare in Atlanta at the SEC Championship game ! I've been to every Final Four that UK has played in since '96 and they have all been fun experiences ('96, '98, 2012 especially) but just the thought of an SEC Championship and - I dare to dream - of one of these CFP venues gives me goosebumps.

What in your opinion has to happen for us to be in that position ? I know we had high hopes for this season but with the suspension of CRod, health issue for Levis and unseen problems with the O-Line, along with shooting ourselves in the foot at Ole Miss after which the wheels seemed to come off a little, hopes slowly faded away. It's only going to be tougher with the additions of Texas and Oklahoma. Is there any real hope ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News