ADVERTISEMENT

How are players getting multiple transfers?

maysvilleky

All-American
Aug 13, 2003
I thought you get 1 free undergrad transfer but then have to sit a year for any others? How are guys getting multiple transfers and playing?

It's tough to say without knowing which players specifically you're talking about, but....

Grad transfer could be a possibility
Harship waiver could be a possibility
Coach leaving the school typically allows for a transfer granted by NCAA

They haven’t bothered enforcing the one transfer rule at all in the last 3 years or so because they knew someone would take them to Court and win. Just recently I believe the repealed the rule entirely.

Same thing as hiring an agent does not automatically make you ineligible. People are working off multiple years, sometimes decades old, information

I think last year some player sued, and courts said NCAA can't limit. It's stupid, but it is what it is.

Reactions: UK90
They haven’t bothered enforcing the one transfer rule at all in the last 3 years or so because they knew someone would take them to Court and win. Just recently I believe the repealed the rule entirely.

Same thing as hiring an agent does not automatically make you ineligible. People are working off multiple years, sometimes decades old, information
yup. it's an idiotic rule, but it's also a farce to call these folks student-athletes. i think it's better for all to just have a minor league team with a college label.

yup. it's an idiotic rule, but it's also a farce to call these folks student-athletes. i think it's better for all to just have a minor league team with a college label.
That’s what it is already, except the NCAA will do ANYTHING to not call the athletes employees, because the financial hit would pretty much destroy them

Reactions: d2atTech
There essentially are no transfer rules now. You can transfer to a new school every single year now without ever having to sit out a single day.

It’s utter chaos.

It's like touring the country and getting paid for it.

I thought you get 1 free undergrad transfer but then have to sit a year for any others? How are guys getting multiple transfers and playing?
Recent court ruling essentially neutered any sort of “rules” the NCAA had left to enforce. This means we could see mid season transfers and guys playing immediately.

It's tough to say without knowing which players specifically you're talking about, but....

Grad transfer could be a possibility
Harship waiver could be a possibility
Coach leaving the school typically allows for a transfer granted by NCAA
Thats a problem. You sign with the school and this leaving due to coaching changes is BS. Im surprised that in this era academics matters not, just players getting NIL based on no sound fundamentals

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT