ADVERTISEMENT

How ‘Bout We Stop Half-Assing the Blackout Games???

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
I hit a Mall after the QB Club meeting Friday night, found some stuff on sale, and for less than $100.00, the Hack was Back in Black, with new trousers that can go to Circuit Court on Fridays.

Then I see our cheerleaders and dance team in white at the game.

Hell, I can understand 1/3rd of the crowd failing to get the news released on, what, Thursday . . . but if I’m expected to wear black, can’t the dance team, cheerleaders and band have that in their closet too?

We have three possible color “outs.” White, Blue and Black. I’m prepped, now, for all three. It wouldn’t be that damn expensive to buy those three colors for all official representatives of the school!

It was announced so late it was hard to find anything in town. Also you’re crazy if you buy $80-100 of gear for that Bs.

I got a $4 black UK tee from goodwill. And none of it influenced how we play.

Reactions: paulcalhoun
You don’t have to wear UK gear that is black to accomplish a blackout. Like you can where any black shirt/jacket you own. It’s stupid because we never fully execute it. UK athletics could have given away free tshirts at the gate for people to put on over their blue stuff as well.

Reactions: The-Hack
You don’t have to wear UK gear that is black to accomplish a blackout. Like you can where any black shirt/jacket you own. It’s stupid because we never fully execute it. UK athletics could have given away free tshirts at the gate for people to put on over their blue stuff as well.
Or told people more than a day or two ahead to make sure people knew. Hard to believe but not everybody sits around reading uK athletics Twitter account every day. They also could have worn better unis. The black top with blue bottoms and blue helmet wasn’t good. So many schools are good at the uni game now and we’re still pretty awful at it

I hit a Mall after the QB Club meeting Friday night, found some stuff on sale, and for less than $100.00, the Hack was Back in Black, with new trousers that can go to Circuit Court on Fridays.

Hell, I can understand 1/3rd of the crowd failing to get the news released on, what, Thursday . . . but if I’m expected to wear black, can’t the dance team, cheerleaders and band have that in their closet too?

We have three possible color “outs.” White, Blue and Black. I’m prepped, now, for all three. It wouldn’t be that damn expensive to buy those three colors for all official representatives of the school!
Hack, you are on the cutting edge of UK optics and I a plod your effarts…speaking of, what color would you suggest in case they declare a Fart Out game?

I think UK has some of the best looking uniforms in college football, the blue is deep and rich, the all whites or all blues or any combination are super looking uniforms, but i didn't care for the black jersey and blue pants look.

Reactions: The-Hack

Agreed. The UK football marketing team's terrible blackout snafu was a good foreshadowing of how unprepared the football team looked on saturday night.

Looking good in court is important whether you are the defendant or the lawyer, and black is a good color. It's respectful and proper if your client wins, and appropriate if he loses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT