ADVERTISEMENT

Honest question

CatCall

Freshman
May 22, 2002
Denver
As I understand the particulars of Cal's contract, $33,375,000 is what we would owe if we "fire" him not for cause. What if the university immediately came out and said that he would not be renewed in any capacity following the 2029 season and that UK would prefer he convert to the "Special AD Assistant on 29 June 2024, which is an option per his contract?

I truly think if this season continues on the current trajectroy, he's going to step down and move into that admin role.

It's already miserable, and it's going to get a lot worse.

Reactions: JesusCal26
I truly think if this season continues on the current trajectroy, he's going to step down and move into that admin role.

I don’t think he does it on his own. I think he milks it for everything it’s worth.

Honest answer: Cal isn’t leaving until we as fans make his life miserable. How much would he make per year ad a Special AD Assistant?

Theres nothing in the contract that says they have to let him coach. Just fire him because hes not doing his job anymore

Fire him, Ellen will force him to get a new job as she will not want him running around yelling in the house 24/7 and UK will be offset the 5 mil he gets as salary at his new job. His ego won't let him agree to less. Might cost UK 20 Mil at most and it would be well worth it.

UK will never get a good coach with cal involved in the school. Period. And the admin role is Cals option not the universities. A new AD would fix the entire thing. This guy is gonna go down with the titanic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT