ADVERTISEMENT

Home opener UK vs XU...

AgesBlue

Senior
May 25, 2010
Cats open up at the Cliff for the 50th and last time tonight @ 6:00 pm. Game is on SEC plus, online only. Look for a Big crowd, since the weather is great, Xavier is a quality opponent, who has back to back NCAA region finals on their resume.
GOOOOO Cats !

B Schaenzer on the bump, he will probably go about 3 innings, depending on pitch count. Then look for 3 or 4 more pitchers for UK.
Xavier is a good team, so I agree with starting Brad.

Hope we use the committee strategy. We've got a lot of pitchers that need to grow up quickly and playing against a good team like this can help to prepare this bullpen for SEC play. Hopefully we can get a lead with Brad on the bump and then use the lead to get others work.

Whoa whoa whoa... do we really have Dick Gabriel again tonight?

[sick]:flush::cry:

Audio on the video feed is terrible. Better on the audio feed. There is no background, white noise on the audio feed. However, the video feed is well behind the audio feed.

Video is also pretty poor so far in quality and at following the baseball.

First out is a fly ball to left center where Pompey runs it down.

Brad goes up 0-2 before leaving one high and allowing a hit to fall in the gap in right center for a 1 out double.

Pinstripes are pretty bad ace.

I really don't get this. Why the heck are we not getting out new radio guy tonight? The Hoops team played on Sunday and they don't play again until Thursday. I don't understand why he wouldn't be behind the mike?

Brad gives up a 3-1 walk. Struggling to find the strikezone now. Cottam threw behind the runner at second and it seemed like no one was there. Belanger then comes out to have a word.

Audio on the video feed is all over the place. Volume goes low and then high, then staticy. Hope they fix that lol.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
^^ Scratch that... Squires is behind the plate. I trusted the audio of Dick Gabriel, and he said the catcher was Cottam and I went with it. Squires is behind the dish and he takes a high pop up in foul territory that took some time to find for the second out of the inning.

^^ Scratch that... Squires is behind the plate. I trusted the audio of Dick Gabriel, and he said the catcher was Cottam and I went with it. Squires is behind the dish and he takes a high pop up in foul territory that took some time to find for the second out of the inning.
Geeez, I heard that too. So I figured it was Cottam. I could do a better job :popcorn:

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Well, a ball gets past Squires on a 1-2 pitch and the runners moved up. Weird thing is that if he catches it then it might be strike three. Looked to be a fastball knee high. Not sure why Squires missed it. Just took his eyes off of it I guess.

2-2 and 2 out base hit gives Xavier at 2-0 lead.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
A very good bunt by Xavier is almost beat out by the runner. Cottam fielded it well and underhanded it to Brad covering, who had to kind of jump to get the runner in time.

Going to the bottom of the 1st 2-0 Xavier.

Schaenzer struggled in that 1st inning, should have been out of the inning with 0 runs. Oh well, let's get the bats cracking Big Blue !

Why do the adverts have to be 4 times louder than Dick Gabriel? Killing me between innings.

Pompey goes down on strikes and Becker grounds out to second base for the first two outs. I missed what happened to Aklinski (trying to cook dinner and listen), but he went relatively quietly.

2-0 Xavier going to the second.

Liking watch ESPN much better than what we had over the weekend. I can pull this up on my tv and don't have to watch the game from behind the netting.

The 'Live Stats' from UKAthletics is totally broken for me. I had to go to the SECSPORTS.com baseball score to get the stats.

Schaenzer still struggling 2nd inning.

Liking watch ESPN much better than what we had over the weekend. I can pull this up on my tv and don't have to watch the game from behind the netting.
Oh yeah, the camera angles over the weekend were horrible.

Xavier goes relatively quietly in the top of the second, but Brad does give up his third base hit to right center. Still, UK got out of it unscathed.

Two outs. One of those was Collette leading off trying to stretch a single into right into a double. He was thrown out easily at second. Now UK has runners on first and second after Johnson reaches on a weak infield single and Squires draws a walk.

Well, UK threatened with two outs, but failed to get the timely hit and Heyer goes down on strikeouts.

So... Gabriel just said that we're not going to get our new announcer until women's basketball season concludes? I guess that is two more weeks?

Two outs. One of those was Collette leading off trying to stretch a single into right into a double. He was thrown out easily at second. Now UK has runners on first and second after Johnson reaches on a weak infield single and Squires draws a walk.
Collette is probably the first out of a double play if he doesn't get out trying to stretch his single. Don't think it ended up costing us anything that inning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT