ADVERTISEMENT

High school girls game 95-0

Imagine being a player on that team. You just got beat 96-0. You're sitting around the house all glum and questioning your life and career in sports and all of the decisions that led to playing on a team that would ever lose a game 96-0. Your parents are downstairs arguing again. Dad is claiming his boss is forcing him to stay longer at the office but Mom thinks he's stepping out again. It had been three years since Rebecca, the coffee shop girl with the ponytails and great ass, had stolen Dad's heart for a month and almost ended the marriage. Your mom was a forgiver though. A true Pentecostal at heart. But was he back to his old ways? It feels like your life is fracturing.

And then you go online and see that not only is your game a national headline, but the main gist is that like "hey, it was 96-0, but it could have been so much worse if they didn't feel sorry for your worthless asses." Growing up is hard y'all.

My daughter played some AAU ball many years ago. It wasn't that bad a score, but at the state AAU tournie, they held the other team without a field goal. They scored 2 points on free throws.

This happened in a junior high tournament I was in, and they turned off the scoreboard. We asked at the end of the game what the score was because someone had kept it, and it was 96 to 8, I believe. We beat the team that scored 96 by 17 the next day. It certainly inspired us.

Imagine being a player on that team. You just got beat 96-0. You're sitting around the house all glum and questioning your life and career in sports and all of the decisions that led to playing on a team that would ever lose a game 96-0. Your parents are downstairs arguing again. Dad is claiming his boss is forcing him to stay longer at the office but Mom thinks he's stepping out again. It had been three years since Rebecca, the coffee shop girl with the ponytails and great ass, had stolen Dad's heart for a month and almost ended the marriage. Your mom was a forgiver though. A true Pentecostal at heart. But was he back to his old ways? It feels like your life is fracturing.

And then you go online and see that not only is your game a national headline, but the main gist is that like "hey, it was 96-0, but it could have been so much worse if they didn't feel sorry for your worthless asses." Growing up is hard y'all.

This felt too real to be a hypothetical...

• Haha
Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
Don’t want to be embarrassed, stop them and learn to score.

I’ve been on the winning end of 83-4 and the losing end of 77-6 in basketball as a middle schooler. Both scenarios involved bench emptying at half time by the winning coach, but it still made no difference. In the game my team won, the other coach was mad we didn’t just hold the ball for the entirety of the 4th quarter. My coach’s response: “My team won’t get any better or gain anything meaningful from an 8 minute game of keep away.” - He was correct.

A couple of weeks or so ago, Phoebus (Hampton, VA) defeated Jamestown 104-0 in the first round of the Class 6A state playoffs. It was 56-0 after the 1st quarter and the Phantoms had pulled the starters. It was 84-0 at the half and the officials and the Phoebus coach asked the Jamestown coach if they wanted to stop, but he declined and let it play out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT