ADVERTISEMENT

Higgins vs Cal at UMass & Memphis?

Wildcat Sheli

Sophomore
Feb 26, 2016
Anyone know or know how to get stats for games Higgins officiated while Cal was at UMass or Memphis? Curious to know the history.

Reactions: Heeelz46
Probably not as much a thing against Cal as it is just against Kentucky. 2005 he called our elite 8 game against Mich St., and we lost - that was with Tubby of all people - one of the most mellow bench coaches on earth.

Well, well, well . . . haven't had a chance to go through all stats, but did run across this interesting info: Higgins officiated Cal's last loss in the FedEx Forum as the Memphis coach. It was to Syracuse on 12/20/08, 72-65. Their overall record was 33-4. It was their only home loss of that season.

http://stats.gotigersgo.com/sports/m-baskbl/2008-2009/mem1220.html

Last edited:
There was a site that you could go to that listed the refs and the games that they called and the results of the games. I checked out UK's record when a certain ref was involved (Tony Greene) if I remember. UK has won about 80% of their games but the % was much lower when he called them. It will be worth checking for Higgins.

I think John Scott site shows UK is 3-5 in games called by Higgins with losses coming to UConn in the 2011 championship, 2015 to Wisconsin in the Final Four and yesterday. All three of those losses are remembered by UK fans to have horrendous calls against UK.

That's what bothers me. If we get beat straight up, I'm fine. Like in 1995, 1999 and 2003, we got beat straight up in the Elite 8 and I was fine with it. But those games you mentioned? We got rooked each time. That's what pisses me off.

Yes, there's another Thread about the larger issues with Higgins at https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/higgins-missed-calls-thread-2005-2017.232127/

Agree with everything said! Can take it if we get beat . . . but hard to handle if the opponent had unnecessary help. And it happens EVERY time with Higgins on the whistle!

On this Thread, I want to compile research on Higgins' history with Cal at UMass and Memphis and any other issues between them. We've got to make sure Higgins never officiates another UK game!

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
That's what bothers me. If we get beat straight up, I'm fine. Like in 1995, 1999 and 2003, we got beat straight up in the Elite 8 and I was fine with it. But those games you mentioned? We got rooked each time. That's what pisses me off.
Same here bud. I feel the EXACT same way. Stop ****ing these kids. Really burns my ass.

Not an officiating issue, but I wasn't fine with having to play the 2003 Regionals in Milwaukee against Wisconsin and Marquette.

Anyone know how to access videos of old Memphis Tigers games? (I've checked YouTube, but haven't found it.) Would like to post their game vs Syracuse on 12/20/08 here if it's available. It was Cal's last loss in the FedEx Forum as the Tigers' coach and officiated by Higgins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT