ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go again!

Dec 12, 2012
With the latest announcements from Hagans and Maxey along with the others that are surely coming soon we see our beloved Wildcats once again in major transition. The more that I look at it, I get why this seems to be the case every year. It has everything to do with the elite incoming freshmen. These guys have got to play and right away. Coach Cal is doing his best to recruit multi-year players but many of them exceed expectations at UK and go pro or some opt to go elsewhere for more playing time. I was happy to see that Keion Brooks is returning for his sophomore year but announcements of this type seem to occur way more frequently at Kentucky than other schools. You see the decisions of other potential 1st rounders like Scottie Lewis at Florida who has decided to stay put for his sophomore season. When you recruit and land elite talent every year this is the only possible outcome. The dream and the ultimate goal is to get to the league or at least start getting paid as a professional. In my opinion, that one season that the Harrisons and WCS returned and we didn'the win the championship is something that we have never fully recovered from. Yes we still get elite recruits but we also have to make peace with the decisions of the guys that leave early. It is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News