ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing that Arkansas has a big money alum

Girthang

All-American
Dec 12, 2019
that's committed to paying double whatever NIL money they're offered by UK and other blue blood programs. I know theyve got their reasons, but I had no idea they were really that loaded, since I have never seen them pony up like that even for football.

The questions it brings up are many.

- What had been going on between this alumnus and Arkansas previously that they didn't rope him into such a commitment before now?
- They've had some big name hires in the past few years in football but why haven't they spilled the beans before or publicly acknowledged donations from this megamillionaire?
- Are they getting desperate that they just want to pay for whomever UK is recruiting instead of doing the work themselves? Hope somebody comes to their senses.
- Who is running the show over there?
- Is Cal running roughshod over their athletic dept the way he did early in his time at UK?
- Why, if it's a destination program, do they need to lay double the offers of other schools on the table, and why would a mega-donor commit to that without input?
- Do they only want the ones that they can't get?
- Cal isn't getting any younger, maybe the pain of first round losses are finally driving things home for him, and he's finding that hunger again?

Seems like the wild west over there

Reactions: BlueSince92
that's committed to paying double whatever NIL money they're offered by UK and other blue blood programs. I know theyve got their reasons, but I had no idea they were really that loaded, since I have never seen them pony up like that even for football.

- What had been going on between this alumnus and Arkansas previously that they didn't rope him into such a commitment before now?
- They've had some big name hires in the past few years in football but why haven't they spilled the beans before or publicly acknowledged donations from this megamillionaire?
- Are they getting desperate that they just want to pay for whomever UK is recruiting instead of doing the work themselves? Hope somebody comes to their senses.
- Is Cal running roughshod over their athletic dept the way he did early in his time at UK?
- Why, if it's a destination program, do they need to lay double the offers of other schools on the table, and why would a mega-donor commit to that without input?
- Cal isn't getting any younger, maybe the pain of first round losses are finally driving things home for him, and he's finding that hunger again?

Bullshit, Arkansas can’t even buy a competitive football team

Girthang did someone hack your account? I usually like your posts but this has been proven bogus for like a week now my man. Where you been?

Oh God. I basically have a rafters IV 🤦‍♂️

It can't buy love or happiness, but it can buy an occasional championship if you hire the right coach and recruit team oriented players.
Yeah for sure it’s important, just saying Nike has donated so much to Oregon and even they haven’t broken thru, it takes a lot and isn’t that easy. Even in pro sports assembling the highest paid rosters or stars don’t work that often. Look at the Yankees/Mets/Padres lately. The Suns struggled all year.

Reactions: Girthang
Girthang did someone hack your account? I usually like your posts but this has been proven bogus for like a week now my man. Where you been?

I been out riding fences for so long now.

Oh God. I basically have a rafters IV 🤦‍♂️

And freedom... don't get me started. That's just some people talking.

If it wasn't true, why would all of these Razorback fans be here all day trying to say it isnt? Surely some of these people have a busy schedule?

• Haha
Reactions: augustaky1

Prepare Yourself Star Wars GIF by StickerGiant

Yeah for sure it’s important, just saying Nike has donated so much to Oregon and even they haven’t broken thru, it takes a lot and isn’t that easy. Even in pro sports assembling the highest paid rosters or stars don’t work that often. Look at the Yankees/Mets/Padres lately. The Suns struggled all year.
Absolutely!

Also T Boone Pickins has donated untold millions to Oklahoma State and what have they won? It happens all across sports but takes more than just $ to win.
Pope should pattern his regime after UCONN and Hurley. They aren’t loaded with high $$$ players or even 5 * players yet are back to back champs

Reactions: dl51344
This is what I keep going back to. They recruited the #39 football class in 24. Just hanging their nuts all over everyone. I think they are just saying this shit so nobody will try to outbid em.
Yea exactly where has all the money been before and Jerry jones is a football guy, he would back the football program before the basketball program and doesn’t look like he even gives for football..

Reactions: Girthang and Mike-D

BS fake news from drama queens

Nonsense. lol

Arkansas is a football first town, they don’t move the needle. That’s where their focus would be, not basketball.

They don’t have big money guys that even care enough to move the needle in the biggest sport. Jerry Jones and Walmart don’t even hardly contribute to the entire university and they’ve tried to get them to for years. Jerry jones is a football guy that doesn’t contribute to football but he suddenly cares this much about basketball? Nonsense.

The NIL has been a thing for years now look around, it hasn’t helped Arkansas half as much as others. Kentucky is a premier Nike brand with mega wealth that actually contributes to the program, we’re lucky. We’re in a position most universities can only dream of. But we’re not going to be stupid about it like many on this board want. You can’t just go crazy. Agents are trying to create the market as we speak and Kentucky isn’t going to be fleeced. We don’t have to. Programs like Arkansas will eventually have to and it won’t work.

Agents and handlers are causing a stir right now. All of this other stuff is pure nonsense. Calipari is an elite recruiter so he’s going to get guys to play for him. It’s got nothing to do with anything else. Some of you need to quit this crap it’s complete BS. Nobody is scared of Arkansas in either sport for a reason. It’s a small brand in an area difficult to recruit to and it’s not a major player on the national scene. Calipari will get guys to play there to an extent but other than that they’re going to flame out and be irrelevant.

I wouldn’t trade NIL position with hardly anyone in basketball we have it that good. I definitely wouldn’t trade brands with anyone. Look at Uconn to see just how much nonsense is going around. We have a new coach that’s the main issue right now. The players don’t know him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Usleepy-2vs7
I feel like some of you neeed to visit the board more 😂 20 threads on this from the past week

Reactions: Mike-D
This obviously BS rumor came from Trilly Donovan and Matt Jones, not agents and handlers.

Agents and handlers are 100% creating a lot of what we’re seeing. Anyone behind the scenes and coaches know it and programs like UK are navigating it. Where do you think Norlander got his info? From contacts that are dealing with it.

Some of the Arkansas stuff is pure PR. They’re trying to make a splash early because they just got Calipari and want to look like a major player. Kentucky doesn’t have to do any of that because we have real NIL power and the brand Arkansas wants to be.

It’s early in the process and you’ve got a lot of BS going around. Kentucky has a new coach and Calipari is one of the best recruiters of all time. If we miss some during season 1 that’s why. Kentucky’s NIL won’t be outbid IF they don’t want it to be. But a program like UK will not be fleeced. The brand of UK is a selling point right along with NIL. It’s both that recruits are getting and if they don’t get that, head to obscure university for a little extra cash. Programs like Kentucky do not and should not pay as much as a program like Arkansas has to.

Reactions: Usleepy-2vs7
Agents and handlers are 100% creating a lot of what we’re seeing. Anyone behind the scenes and coaches know it and programs like UK are navigating it. Where do you think Norlander got his info? From contacts that are dealing with it.

Some of the Arkansas stuff is pure PR. They’re trying to make a splash early because they just got Calipari and want to look like a major player. Kentucky doesn’t have to do any of that because we have real NIL power and the brand Arkansas wants to be.

It’s early in the process and you’ve got a lot of BS going around. Kentucky has a new coach and Calipari is one of the best recruiters of all time. If we miss some during season 1 that’s why. Kentucky’s NIL won’t be outbid IF they don’t want it to be. But a program like UK will not be fleeced. The brand of UK is a selling point right along with NIL. It’s both that recruits are getting and if they don’t get that, head to obscure university for a little extra cash. Programs like Kentucky do not and should not pay as much as a program like Arkansas has to.
Arkansas PR pushed by Trilly Donovan, Matt Jones, and UK fans. Everyone else seems to know it’s complete BS. I haven’t even seen an Arkansas entity pushing it.

It originated from Trilly Donovan’s discord and the usual suspects did their “according to sources” then Matt Jones “confirmed the rumor”.

No one negotiates like that, no one blindly doubles offers they can’t verify, and there’s no evidence of this being true when you look at the recruits they missed on and their football recruiting.

I been out riding fences for so long now.

And freedom... don't get me started. That's just some people talking.

If it wasn't true, why would all of these Razorback fans be here all day trying to say it isnt? Surely some of these people have a busy schedule?
You're a hard one.

But I know that you got your reasons.

Bro, yall have got to stop listening to this Matt Jones fella, dude is 0-the last 3 weeks. Maybe he used to be right a lot or something but he seems like a mongoloid based on his most recent run of “news”.

Donor involvement has gone up tremendously with the Cal hire. It was hot for Muss too (Nick Smith, Anthony Black, Jordan Walsh class), but he pissed some folks off and they pulled the money, hence we sucked this year and he bounced.

Yea exactly where has all the money been before and Jerry jones is a football guy, he would back the football program before the basketball program and doesn’t look like he even gives for football..
How you think we made two elite 8’s and a sweet sixteen in the last 4 years? Last year was ass, but Muss was rolling until he pissed off the wrong people mainly John Tyson and the Hunt family, the stopped writing him blank checks, he took his ball and went to USC. Cal lit their fire, the money came back. It’s that simple.

How you think we made two elite 8’s and a sweet sixteen in the last 4 years? Last year was ass, but Muss was rolling until he pissed off the wrong people mainly John Tyson and the Hunt family, the stopped writing him blank checks, he took his ball and went to USC. Cal lit their fire, the money came back. It’s that simple.
Is there any truth to the story of a gay love triangle at Arkansas basketball this last year?

For anyone shocked by this, it has been public knowledge for quite some time.

As far as alumni there, you’ve got the Walmart founder, Tyson chicken founder, Jerry Jones, Bill Clinton, John Daly.

It’s hard not to imagine all of that mixed with Cal’s connections they can have a hefty NIL pool.
Bill Clinton. never attended the University of Arkansas. He went to Georgetown and Yale law with Oxford studies between as a Rhodes scholar.

In other news, I arrived home from work and seen a black cat in my back yard. I called for it and it took off running and disappeared into the darkness. The end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT