ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing a lot of noise on a potential addition

He averaged 17 ppg last season for University of Texas at San Antonio. Had committed to Virginia Tech after entering the portal. Just decommitted from VaTech.
If you can score 17ppg in D1 you definitely have some game. I mean Reeves averaged 20PPG at Illinois State and he showed he could do exactly that here every game out. I don’t think Reeves was at the top of the portal rankings from what I remember but he was identified as a good one. I hope this kid is the same way.

If MeManBoy is Marc Maggard, as often alleged, I’ll put more weight on a poster with an AAU source. Dude didn’t exactly bat 1.000 back in the day. Message board “old-timers” will certainly attest.
Who - from those days of yester-year - could ever forget Marc Maggard ? ! ? My remembrance is that he was wrong so often, and got mercilessly ragged on so badly about it, that I sorta felt sorry for the guy.

Is he good, trust you Ralph not Maggard
I don't know anything about this guy-so trust whomever you want. I don't know anything about Maggard other than what fans have said but only thing I've really intensely disagreed with him about is Elijah Hawkins. I know people within the Minnesota program (staff and personnel) so get some info that some wouldn't regarding things there/him/his actual impact, etc...

I don't know anything about this guy-so trust whomever you want. I don't know anything about Maggard other than what fans have said but only thing I've really intensely disagreed with him about is Elijah Hawkins. I know people within the Minnesota program (staff and personnel) so get some info that some wouldn't regarding things there/him/his actual impact, etc...
I must have missed it Ralph but what do you think about Hawkins ?

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
word salad here. No offense

Are you a Hawkins fan or no?

If MeManBoy is Marc Maggard, as often alleged, I’ll put more weight on a poster with an AAU source. Dude didn’t exactly bat 1.000 back in the day. Message board “old-timers” will certainly attest.
I dunno either.. Frosty tips an reliable info aren't best of friends. Didn't he partner up with Greg Hoover (Geekcat)? A pair of winners right there

I dunno either.. Frosty tips a reliable info aren't best of friends. Didn't he partner up with Greg Hoover (Geekcat)? A pair of winners right there
Yep, Hoover was Maggard’s main man before they conned everyone with the “lifetime membership” bullshit and Maggard disappeared to Mexico.

Jordan Ivy-Curry. Cannot go into any details on where it is coming from but expecting we will all know his name soon.
Studying this guy, he is the type of guard we need with what we have. Would provide quickness, shooting, scoring, passing and looks like he would be a great fit for this system. Can play the one or two, which is another thing we need to make the team even better. Brea gives us 3 shooting, Butler gives us great D and experience. This guy gives us several things. Better overall player. Seems he would be a perfect complement to Butler.

The thing to remember about this kid and UTSA (where he played), is that this year they played in the American Athletic Conference.

While not a Power-5, he put up these excellent numbers (17 PPG and 40% 3FG) against schools like Memphis, FAU, Wichita State, UAB, South Florida, etc.

Not against their old league which was much worse.

I would love this signing personally.

Last edited:
The thing to remember about this kid and UTSA (where he played), is that this year they played in the American Athletic Conference.

While not a Power-5, he put up these excellent numbers (17 PPG and 40% 3FG) against schools like Memphis, FAU, Wichita State, UAB, South Florida, etc.

Not against their old legal which was much worse.

I would love this signing personally.
Just get him here tomorrow and get Osobor signed so I can work and sleep.

Has there been any word at all on Max Shulga? His name came up right after we hired Pope and haven’t heard a word or seen that he’s taken any visits. Just intriguing to me because he’s highly thought of and also Pope is familiar with him being from Utah State.

Pope saying they had 29 players on their list makes it sound like an NBA draft type of set up they MAY be using. Every player already studied to the max and ranked by position so they are ready to make quick decisions on who to go after next. Just a guess but the way that Pope has hit the ground running and succeeding his organization skills and work ethic seems to be top notch.

Reactions: EliteBlue
He's the only person that's hated more than Matt Jones on here.
Ironically I think he actually was wrong on purpose. That was a time when it wasn’t as well known that Matt Jones was stealing others information and presenting it as his own. I think some of Trilly’s misses recently were for the same reason.

Gotta trust Pope but the kid seems to be a natural fit to me. It doesn't feel right, losing a recruit that we actually wanted, to any of those three schools. NIL or not!

Reactions: bookerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT