ADVERTISEMENT

He said what about Rupp?

kyboss360

Senior
Gold Member
May 22, 2009
Rupp Arena OR Commonwealth Stadium
Check out this what this d bag @schoonerwest had to say about Rupp on the rivals main college basketball board:

I've shared this story on here before but it's been awhile and I felt that people needed to hear it again. My good buddy is a big time donor and has a lot of ins with the KU AD so he's been getting inside info for like 15 years now. I've mentioned his before as well. For you KU people, he's the guy that hangs out in the AD part of campus a few times a month just bs'ing with coaches and administrators. He always wears a visor, flip flops and Hawaiian shirts while he walks around with a red plastic cup filled up with god knows what. His name is Ward. Anyways, he knows the Allen family personally and per them this is pretty much how it went down.

Adolf's ties to the mob started when he was at KU playing under Phog Allen. Kansas City used to be one of main destinations to meet at for crime families across the country. Rupp was eager to make a name for himself and he thought that playing for the top coach and the top program would be enough for him to be able to make a deal with them to do some dirty work. The families blew him off for the most part because he was a redneck but he did catch the eye of one of the sons in the organization and they kept in touch throughout the years while Rupp was trying to make a name for himself. Once the 1940's rolled around and Rupp was proving himself, the now boss of the family decided it was time to let Rupp in on the action. His first action was to move Rupp to Youngstown State to coach because it is the exact halfway point between New York City and Chicago and a lot of business goes down there within the organization. He had the pull to get Rupp in but nothing ever materialized. Rumor has it that Rupp would only agree to become the coach if a hit was put out on the current coach(stole a couple of Rupp's recruits) but he was denied. The family decided not to take Rupp out for his arrogance because they knew he was gonna be a cash cow. They funded all of the illegal recruiting tactics used in order for Kentucky to get players and instructed Rupp of exactly how many points to shave and of who to play. Everything went as planned until they got caught and Rupp, being the snake he is, denied being apart of it until the day he died.

At KU, Phog saw a confused but bright young man in Rupp and that's why he signed him to KU and continued a relationship with him afterwards. He wanted to bring some attention to Rupp when he started coaching but Rupp always declined because he knew that Phog would kick his ass. Sometime in 1946, Phog became aware of Rupp's relationship with the crime families and wrote him a handwritten letter about how disappointed he was in the man and how he now wished that he never got into coaching because if he had not then Rupp would never have been able to dirty up the sport. Rupp responded by constantly calling and trying to schedule Kansas because of some sickly desire of beating his mentor while making himself and criminals money. Then the Olympic committee decided to have Kentucky play in the 1948 games instead of Kansas and the man who got the game to be included there in the first place. It was one of the lowest moments of Phog's career and the knife is still in his grandkids backs. There was some satisfaction in seeing Rupp be exposed as the devil he was but the remorse he must have felt for knowing that the devil was only able to become that because ofhim.

You can go to the thread here and let him know what's up.
https://forums.rivals.com/threads/true-story-about-phog-allen-and-adolph-rupp.415438/unread

Reactions: schoonerwest
Check out this what this d bag @schoonerwest had to say about Rupp on the rivals main college basketball board:

I've shared this story on here before but it's been awhile and I felt that people needed to hear it again. My good buddy is a big time donor and has a lot of ins with the KU AD so he's been getting inside info for like 15 years now. I've mentioned his before as well. For you KU people, he's the guy that hangs out in the AD part of campus a few times a month just bs'ing with coaches and administrators. He always wears a visor, flip flops and Hawaiian shirts while he walks around with a red plastic cup filled up with god knows what. His name is Ward. Anyways, he knows the Allen family personally and per them this is pretty much how it went down.

Adolf's ties to the mob started when he was at KU playing under Phog Allen. Kansas City used to be one of main destinations to meet at for crime families across the country. Rupp was eager to make a name for himself and he thought that playing for the top coach and the top program would be enough for him to be able to make a deal with them to do some dirty work. The families blew him off for the most part because he was a redneck but he did catch the eye of one of the sons in the organization and they kept in touch throughout the years while Rupp was trying to make a name for himself. Once the 1940's rolled around and Rupp was proving himself, the now boss of the family decided it was time to let Rupp in on the action. His first action was to move Rupp to Youngstown State to coach because it is the exact halfway point between New York City and Chicago and a lot of business goes down there within the organization. He had the pull to get Rupp in but nothing ever materialized. Rumor has it that Rupp would only agree to become the coach if a hit was put out on the current coach(stole a couple of Rupp's recruits) but he was denied. The family decided not to take Rupp out for his arrogance because they knew he was gonna be a cash cow. They funded all of the illegal recruiting tactics used in order for Kentucky to get players and instructed Rupp of exactly how many points to shave and of who to play. Everything went as planned until they got caught and Rupp, being the snake he is, denied being apart of it until the day he died.

At KU, Phog saw a confused but bright young man in Rupp and that's why he signed him to KU and continued a relationship with him afterwards. He wanted to bring some attention to Rupp when he started coaching but Rupp always declined because he knew that Phog would kick his ass. Sometime in 1946, Phog became aware of Rupp's relationship with the crime families and wrote him a handwritten letter about how disappointed he was in the man and how he now wished that he never got into coaching because if he had not then Rupp would never have been able to dirty up the sport. Rupp responded by constantly calling and trying to schedule Kansas because of some sickly desire of beating his mentor while making himself and criminals money. Then the Olympic committee decided to have Kentucky play in the 1948 games instead of Kansas and the man who got the game to be included there in the first place. It was one of the lowest moments of Phog's career and the knife is still in his grandkids backs. There was some satisfaction in seeing Rupp be exposed as the devil he was but the remorse he must have felt for knowing that the devil was only able to become that because ofhim.

You can go to the thread here and let him know what's up.
https://forums.rivals.com/threads/true-story-about-phog-allen-and-adolph-rupp.415438/unread
62047036.png

Well, KU fans are told of the time the team traveled to Mizzou when Phog coached Rupp and Phog refused to eat at a restaurant on the way where blacks worked.

I'm a KU alum so that's not a proud moment obv

Well, KU fans are told of the time the team traveled to Mizzou when Phog coached Rupp and Phog refused to eat at a restaurant on the way where blacks worked.

I'm a KU alum so that's not a proud moment obv

First of all, comparing the way things work today with the way things worked then is stupid, and only a stupid person would accept such a comparison. Too bad this country is full of damn idiots today.

Second of all, none of us know a damn thing. Everyone is too busy trying to be the "good guy" in the room than to accept the reality.

Third of all, get the f*** off this board. You're not welcome here. You're not wanted here. It's not our fault UK is daddy to KU and you want validation. There's a main rivals board for second tier programs like kinsaw to go post at. GTFO.

Last edited:
Reactions: UK till Death
And another thing, this thread is ridiculous. The Kansas fans posting in it are idiots and should be banned. This is completely out of control. Mods aren't doing their job allowing the slandering of our legend and after the Kansas fans have been running wild posting their little pics of Rupp as a Jayhawk, cal as a coffee runner, and knowing exactly what they are doing, enough.

Time to take out the trash. I can't believe we allow them to even post here. As someone who used to post on the shiver, I can tell you, they wouldn't allow ONE of you to post HALF of what thes idiot low life Kansas fans post here. Stop allowing this nonsense.

Rupp is a wildcat. He hated Kansas till the day he died.
We own those b******s to the sum of 6-23 3<8
Calling them a blue blood is a disgrace to true blue Bloods.

Enough of the filth that is kinsaw.

Your first mistake was taking Schooner seriously. I like Schooner a lot, but if you go back and look at some of the stuff he says (not even about UK - about pretty much everything).. I mean, it's like getting worked up about what the tweaker/dumpster diver behind the convenience store has to say on geopolitical issues. He just throws it out there, and half of it makes less than zero sense. And he likes it that way.

Last edited:
Your first mistake was taking Schooner seriously. I like Schooner a lot, but if you go back and look at some of the stuff he says (not even about UK - about pretty much everything).. I mean, it's like getting worked up about what the tweaker/dumpster diver behind the convenience store has to say on geopolitical issues. He just throws it out there, and half of it makes less than zero sense. And he likes it that way.

Why would you like a liar like that?

He's scum. Just like the rest of the filth.

Why would you like a liar like that?

He's scum. Just like the rest of the filth.
Because I like people who think in bizarre ways.

Believe me, I know where you stand on all things Kansas, my man.

I draw a distinction between their home board fans and their main board fans, but I'm aware that you won't. And bless you for it. Keep firing salvos. It's enjoyable to watch.

Unwad your panties Scutt. That's just a Kansas fan having some fun with those of us who frequent the national board. He does that kind of stuff all the time but UK fans on there like him ok in general. He's generally a good sport who can take it as well as he gives. Lighten up and stop treating Kansas fans on here so rudely. Kneeburns hasn't done anything wrong.

Reactions: TheTruCatsFan
If i'm going to make up this kind of a rumor on someone, i would at least think it through. This story doesn't even make sense. It's way out there. If i didn't know the type of poster it came from the national board, i might care somehwhat and be annoyed, but coming from this Ku fan, nah,it doesn't bother me.

And another thing, this thread is ridiculous. The Kansas fans posting in it are idiots and should be banned. This is completely out of control. Mods aren't doing their job allowing the slandering of our legend and after the Kansas fans have been running wild posting their little pics of Rupp as a Jayhawk, cal as a coffee runner, and knowing exactly what they are doing, enough.

Time to take out the trash. I can't believe we allow them to even post here. As someone who used to post on the shiver, I can tell you, they wouldn't allow ONE of you to post HALF of what thes idiot low life Kansas fans post here. Stop allowing this nonsense.

Rupp is a wildcat. He hated Kansas till the day he died.
We own those b******s to the sum of 6-23 3<8
Calling them a blue blood is a disgrace to true blue Bloods.

Enough of the filth that is kinsaw.
But, how do you REALLY feel?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT