ADVERTISEMENT

Have y’all noticed this thing ESPN is doing?

Wonky

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
On their website when you go to check college BB scores (at least on the front page) it has men’s scores interspersed with women’s scores. I’ve done a double take on a couple of em. Alabama beat Memphis? Baylor throttles Morehead? Huh??? Then I realize it’s women’s scores being shoved in my face where I don’t need or want them.

On their website when you go to check college BB scores (at least on the front page) it has men’s scores interspersed with women’s scores. I’ve done a double take on a couple of em. Alabama beat Memphis? Baylor throttles Morehead? Huh??? Then I realize it’s women’s scores being shoved in my face where I don’t need or want them.

Are you sure you aren't selecting NCAAW instead of NCAAM? It doesn't show them both when I go there.

Those teams in both men and women's can easily beat those opponents, but yeah, the men weren't playing those schools.

It's crazy, I just realized when I went to their site, I never look at ESPN's website anymore. I used to refer to their site multiple times per week, especially during college basketball season. But now I just don't even go there.

By the way, OP, I couldn't find what you're talking about when I went there. I assumed you must have been referring to the main page. Not sure.

haven’t noticed that. But when I went to check the scores of “NCAAM” they put all the men’s games at the top (it used to be only games with a top 25 team). Anyway, the addition of non top 25 matchups pushed Duke’s loss so far to the right I had to scroll over to see it.

ESPN hiding the duke loss had me rolling 😂. Now we just have to beat OSU….

And just because I’m petty I’d like every poster who ragged on me for respecting OSU not knowing that mid major Ohio school we played to report front and center. I got a plate of crow for each and every one of you chads.

ESPN really has little data and info, and it's not well laid out.. I'll use it to check scores, it has a decent enough system for that. But when I need info or need to look something up, I'm using sports-reference all day.

Shoved in your face.

Drama queen.

Whatever dude. It’s just more woke nonsense. Used to be you scroll down a little ways and there were men’s top 25 scores, then if you scrolled down a little more there were women’s. Now they are mixed together as “college basketball scores”. At least when ESPN tries to force American interest in international soccer, we are talking about a sport that makes gobs of money for everyone involved.

Reactions: natchezrule
This sounds like a YOU problem. I've never had a problem of finding the score(s) I want at ESPN, or any other sports website for that matter.

Crazy thing, there’s this thing called “settings” and “account preferences” where you can select only what you want to see. I know, crazy concept!! You should check it out.
Why should he take the time to make his settings just what he wants it to be when he can ignore that and start a thread about someone being “woke”, when literally no one else is having that same problem lol?

If you go to ESPN.com and click scores from the homepage it takes you to all scores for all sports in play that day. Men's CBB is right above Women's CBB, but it clearly has this divided with a header.

The NBA scores are also there.

I'm not sure what the issue is?

I've noticed it as well but it can be humorous at times so I'll probably keep looking at it, lol.

It is like that on the ESPN app as well on the home page. It has men and women's scores mixed together. I just rolled my eyes at Wokecenter and clicked on NCAAM so I could see the scores I wanted.

Reactions: Wonky
If you google Kentucky Basketball the women are the first search result 🤪

OP, check to see what Favorites you selected when you set up your ESPN account. If you didn't take the time to do that in the beginning, ESPN may just be displaying default sports scores. I only see scores for the teams and sports I selected when I set my account up. I'm speaking of the ticker at the top of the home page of course.

On the top banner of the site (on browser) scores are grouped by league. In the app, they're grouped by league. On mobile site, if you tap "scores" at the top corner, they're grouped by league. Only on the site (browser or mobile), if you just scroll down the front page past several other things, until there's a "college hoops scoreboard," it shows both men's and women's games. Just click "scores" at the top of the page, you'll get there quicker and you'll find it in the format you want.

Reactions: Gromcat
It is like that on the ESPN app as well on the home page. It has men and women's scores mixed together. I just rolled my eyes at Wokecenter and clicked on NCAAM so I could see the scores I wanted.

Yeah that’s what I’m talking about — the home page of the app. Obviously clicking on the NCAAM tab to get only men’s scores takes a millisecond and is no inconvenience whatsoever. I just thought it was funny they were doing that. It’s just another way they are trying to drum up ANY interest in women’s BB at all. And since women’s BB is and always has been a losing proposition money-wise, it’s clearly all political.

• Haha
Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
Here come the beta boys to defend the worst products imaginable in order to self inflate.

You know, that little thing ya got between your legs isn’t just used for pee pee.
ESPN's site, streaming services, app, and pundits/analysis are all garbage. Having women's scores in a scoreboard several screens down on the front page is not one of reasons they suck.

Whatever dude. It’s just more woke nonsense. Used to be you scroll down a little ways and there were men’s top 25 scores, then if you scrolled down a little more there were women’s. Now they are mixed together as “college basketball scores”. At least when ESPN tries to force American interest in international soccer, we are talking about a sport that makes gobs of money for everyone involved.
This must be the story of the year. I can't even believe the woke ESPN would dare subject us to woman's scores. It's such a hard life to live when woman get recognition.

• Haha
Reactions: ganner918
ESPN's site, streaming services, app, and pundits/analysis are all garbage. Having women's scores in a scoreboard several screens down on the front page is not one of reasons they suck.
I wasn’t talking about that. It was directed at Stang and anyone who thinks like him. Friggin weirdo.

How does that Make someone “Beta”? (Which is btw some bullshit manosphere jargon”)

Seems to me the OP may just have a tiny pecker.

Why don’t you come see for yourself big boy?

I personally think it’s kind of weird to talk about other dude’s peckers. But I guess that makes me part of the “manosphere” lol

Why don’t you come see for yourself big boy?

I personally think it’s kind of weird to talk about other dude’s peckers. But I guess that makes me part of the “manosphere” lol
The point is ..how is it being shoved in your face?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT