ADVERTISEMENT

Has UK announced ......

Gabriel would be such a let down. The guy has a decent voice and does all right, but he just has no excitement and no flair to him. I couldn't imagine listening to him in such an important and amazing series like we had last year in the regional. He'd just take so much of the excitement out of it.

I wonder if they might announce the new voice of UK women's hoops at Big Blue Madness? I kind of doubt it, but it is possible that they keep it under wraps until then.

Whoever they find has some massive shoes to fill. Price was a master. Throughout the years I have listened to a lot of different baseball voices for various reasons, such as watching a video broadcast. I don't think that a single one of these announcers for other schools could hold a candle to Price. We have been blessed as a university to have some of the best play-by-play radio guys in the history of sports. Cawood Ledford is a legend unchallenged. Tom Leach is amazing in his own right and has made some iconic Kentucky moments even greater with his commentary. Price was in that same line, but just didn't come to UK at the right time. He has the voice and ability, but he's behind Leach and because of it he was courtside for UK women and for UK baseball. As baseball fans we were blessed and extremely fortunate to have him. I hope that the administration recognizes that we're somewhat spoiled and they don't let us down by hiring someone that can't even carry Price's shoes, much less fill them.

Gabriel would be such a let down. The guy has a decent voice and does all right, but he just has no excitement and no flair to him. I couldn't imagine listening to him in such an important and amazing series like we had last year in the regional. He'd just take so much of the excitement out of it.

I wonder if they might announce the new voice of UK women's hoops at Big Blue Madness? I kind of doubt it, but it is possible that they keep it under wraps until then.

Whoever they find has some massive shoes to fill. Price was a master. Throughout the years I have listened to a lot of different baseball voices for various reasons, such as watching a video broadcast. I don't think that a single one of these announcers for other schools could hold a candle to Price. We have been blessed as a university to have some of the best play-by-play radio guys in the history of sports. Cawood Ledford is a legend unchallenged. Tom Leach is amazing in his own right and has made some iconic Kentucky moments even greater with his commentary. Price was in that same line, but just didn't come to UK at the right time. He has the voice and ability, but he's behind Leach and because of it he was courtside for UK women and for UK baseball. As baseball fans we were blessed and extremely fortunate to have him. I hope that the administration recognizes that we're somewhat spoiled and they don't let us down by hiring someone that can't even carry Price's shoes, much less fill them.
With no disrespect to TL, NP was the best we have had since Cawood!

Reactions: SanAntonioCat
I basically put them both in the same category. I think Ledford is a legend of the highest caliber. Leach and Price are just below that. Price has the ability to become a legend calling the major sports programs. Not sure if the Miss. State major sports programs will be able to help him catapult to that level, but he does more than deserve to be on the big time broadcasts.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I actually listened to him a little during a State game and man, if you thought he was good at baseball and women's basketball. I think he's better that Tom Leach at football. But Leach is better at basketball.

Just a thought, but how would Jeff Piecoro do as the baseball guy?

I actually listened to him a little during a State game and man, if you thought he was good at baseball and women's basketball. I think he's better that Tom Leach at football. But Leach is better at basketball.

Just a thought, but how would Jeff Piecoro do as the baseball guy?
Would have to give up his gig with the reds... $$$$$$

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT